Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deangelo Russel

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    The media is really trying to speculate on Russell being moved.

Not sure what anyone else thinks but a Kevin Love for Russell trade straight up isnít very good for the Warriors. He should have much better trade value than Getting back Love. Am I right?

Would you guys consider a Russell for Kevin Love swap? I sure wouldnít.
    No. I'd consider Russell for Love and an unprotected first or two.

I'm not sure I'd take on Love's remaining 4 years @ $120M contract. The Warriors aren't getting any younger and the window of competing for a championship probably won't go another 5 years. They need to get younger and getting all these late first rounders isn't going to help.

I'm still holding my breath for a swap for Andrew Wiggins. Still young at 24 years old and I'm not sure Thibodeau is a coach that can develop young talent. Everyone keeps calling him a bust, but I don't see how 18 points and 5 rebounds a game would be a bust. Definitely not first overall pick-esque, but he can definitely help a team like the Warriors.

With the Thunder rebuilding, how about someone like Steven Adams? They still don't have a shooting guard to speak of and Russell could fill that role.

The Pelicans is in rebuild mode as well and they could use a nice young guard like Russell to pair with Zion and Lonzo. Someone like Jrue Holiday can play the 2 and able to play good defense. I think he and Steph would be a pretty solid backcourt. If Klay can come back and play the 3, they could still be a really good team.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I'm not sure I'd take on Love's remaining 4 years @ $120M contract. The Warriors aren't getting any younger and the window of competing for a championship probably won't go another 5 years. They need to get younger and getting all these late first rounders isn't going to help.

I'm still holding my breath for a swap for Andrew Wiggins. Still young at 24 years old and I'm not sure Thibodeau is a coach that can develop young talent. Everyone keeps calling him a bust, but I don't see how 18 points and 5 rebounds a game would be a bust. Definitely not first overall pick-esque, but he can definitely help a team like the Warriors.

With the Thunder rebuilding, how about someone like Steven Adams? They still don't have a shooting guard to speak of and Russell could fill that role.

The Pelicans is in rebuild mode as well and they could use a nice young guard like Russell to pair with Zion and Lonzo. Someone like Jrue Holiday can play the 2 and able to play good defense. I think he and Steph would be a pretty solid backcourt. If Klay can come back and play the 3, they could still be a really good team.
    I wouldn't assume the Cavs will have late first rounders.

I'd rather have Russell than Wiggins.

Adams doesn't really fit the Warriors system. I prefer WCS to Adams as a style fit, though Adams is a better player, he's not worth the money.

Jrue is better than Russell, but I don't know that he'll STAY better, so that's another trade I think I'd pass on.

Russell could stay long term and re-up for big money right as Curry's contract comes off the books. Some of that depends on how Russell plays this year of course, but Russell was an all-star this past season for a reason. He was really very good, and I think his fit is better than most are saying ... I just hope he's grown up and he fits the culture.

Brandon Ingram
    E Moore
    Lonzo Ball

For Russell

Everybodyís trying to trade Russell. I agree with Bob Myers and Scoots. Letís see what Deangelo brings to the Warriors and how he fits before we speculate on trading him.

Heís a very good young player and we have had a season and more to see how he fits. He probably will have a lot of value and playing with Steph heís going to ne open and probably score 25 per.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Brandon Ingram
    E Moore
    Lonzo Ball

For Russell
    I like this trade although Lonzo and Ingram are both injury concerns. After the first half of the season I think russell will be able to get us an even better haul. Iíd rather get an early lottery pick and a solid 3-D SF. If we can turn Lonzo into an early lotto pick then Iíd do that deal

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I like this trade although Lonzo and Ingram are both injury concerns. After the first half of the season I think russell will be able to get us an even better haul. Iíd rather get an early lottery pick and a solid 3-D SF. If we can turn Lonzo into an early lotto pick then Iíd do that deal
    Unfortunately next years draft is looking REALLY thin at SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Unfortunately next years draft is looking REALLY thin at SF.
    Draft pick and a vet at combo SF spot. Like you though and probably Myers I am intrigued by his potential with this team and Iíd love to see if he can work out once Klay comes back

Hard pass on Wiggins. Heís Corey Magette lite with less passion. Letís see how Dlo does with us before we talk about moving him. I like his age and potential as Curry, Klay and Green begin to fade out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12