Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deangelo Russel

Deangelo Russel

Will this trade pay off?

I think this was a good move for KD and the Warriors. Much better than losing Durant for nothing.

I was one of the main guys who questioned whether we needed Durant, but now that heís gone Iím torn.

Russel is a good consolation, and he was coveted by a lot of teams. And the Dubs got him. I like that theyíre moving and the FO is being smart so for in Free agency

It already paid off.

Iím kinda torn. I want to see this play out but a part of me is hoping itís just a way to get a team that wants dlo to give boogie that money and trade to get him back.

I like Traveon Graham and am a little sad they sent him away, but glad they got some value for KD's contract and kept Looney.

Itís a smart move. We got something where it could have been nothing. Question will come down to does he fit and if he does will we still move him.

Supposedly the 1st round pick traded is so heavily protected it's almost certainly going to be a 2026 2nd round pick. Which means the Warriors have all but 1 of their next 5 1st round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Supposedly the 1st round pick traded is so heavily protected it's almost certainly going to be a 2026 2nd round pick. Which means the Warriors have all but 1 of their next 5 1st round picks.
    Thatís good but these late firsts have all been meh so far. I wish weíd blood them a little sooner even if they arenít ready.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Thatís good but these late firsts have all been meh so far. I wish weíd blood them a little sooner even if they arenít ready.
    Yeah, it's one of the few complaints I have about Kerr is that he doesn't play the young guys. It's something Walton brought to the staff was getting the young guys more consistent PT and getting their confidence up. No choice now though.

Marcus Derrickson is on the Kings SL team, I didn't see anything about him leaving, but I would guess that means he's no longer under the Warriors control.

It seems as if I'm in the minority that doesn't think that Russell would even wear a Warriors uniform. The soonest he could be traded would be October 7th, 3 months after signing his contract. Last season started on October 16th, so one would assume that the 19/20 season would start on a similar date.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    It seems as if I'm in the minority that doesn't think that Russell would even wear a Warriors uniform. The soonest he could be traded would be October 7th, 3 months after signing his contract. Last season started on October 16th, so one would assume that the 19/20 season would start on a similar date.
    espn trade machine has his earliest trade date in mid December.

It was possible they could have traded him before the trade became official, but now he's locked in, I think, until Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It was possible they could have traded him before the trade became official, but now he's locked in, I think, until Dec.
    can you trade a guy before he is even signed?

if so- how do you determine the amount of salary that comes back.... is that based on the amount you agreed to sign too... but havent signed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    can you trade a guy before he is even signed?

if so- how do you determine the amount of salary that comes back.... is that based on the amount you agreed to sign too... but havent signed yet?
    It just means changing a two team trade into a 3 team trade. Not easy, but possible.

The media is really trying to speculate on Russell being moved.

Not sure what anyone else thinks but a Kevin Love for Russell trade straight up isnít very good for the Warriors. He should have much better trade value than Getting back Love. Am I right?

Would you guys consider a Russell for Kevin Love swap? I sure wouldnít.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast