Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I think it's safe to say that this is our roster come opening night. I'm ready for the season to begin now lol

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Saddest part is, that was so long ago I barely remember it and we haven't been legitimately good since before then.
    Indeed. They were one of the slowest least athletic teams I've ever seen...even for back then.

In the end, the Knicks dropped the ball in how the whole lead up to and FA was done. They are now in recovery mode with these deals.

The one positive is because these are team option deals, they are all for the most part trade able and could be used for the disgruntle player that is of value that will request a trade during the season. The Knicks may be stuck with trading for good players in stead of FA until we prove we can win.

I don't understand the narrative that the Knicks dropped the ball in FA. What exactly could they have done differently. The players get to decide where they want to go and with a maximum salary, no team has any real negotiating power.

Also, until the Knicks prove that they can compete at all, none of these thin-skinned, modern "stars" would even consider being the guy to carry the burden in a tough media market. All it took the Nets was one semi-decent playoffs run to somehow make players believe they have the makings of something. Knicks just need to not be a laughingstock for one year and show some promise and perhaps their fortunes can change too.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't understand the narrative that the Knicks dropped the ball in FA. What exactly could they have done differently. The players get to decide where they want to go and with a maximum salary, no team has any real negotiating power.

Also, until the Knicks prove that they can compete at all, none of these thin-skinned, modern "stars" would even consider being the guy to carry the burden in a tough media market. All it took the Nets was one semi-decent playoffs run to somehow make players believe they have the makings of something. Knicks just need to not be a laughingstock for one year and show some promise and perhaps their fortunes can change too.
    I wouldve been happy with boogie and rozier as sad as that sounds

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    I wouldve been happy with boogie and rozier as sad as that sounds
    Knicks got Payton who plays defense passes and drops triple double and way cheaper

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Knicks got Payton who plays defense passes and drops triple double and way cheaper

Yeah kuz nobody wanted him this idiot perry only signed him kuz he drafted him

I however am super hyped for randle its not all doom and gloom lol

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Yeah kuz nobody wanted him this idiot perry only signed him kuz he drafted him
    https://youtu.be/UYKu4b8DOB8

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    https://youtu.be/UYKu4b8DOB8

I live in orlando ive seen him play alot he's nothing special trust me

Rozier is was not some bad miss - Not sure why anyone is upset about that. He's expensive and suspect.

Perry/Mills is going to have to explain why they are not using the cap space to absorb bad contracts for future picks and instead loading up on average players to bridge over to the next elite free agent class.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Perry/Mills is going to have to explain why they are not using the cap space to absorb bad contracts for future picks and instead loading up on average players to bridge over to the next elite free agent class.
    Maybe they are trying to build a team of capable, veteran players who they hope provide a structure within which the young players can possibly develop. No one is coming to the Knicks until they show they can win some basketball games and their young players develop. All of the cap space and draft picks in the world arenít changing that because itís just more question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Rozier is was not some bad miss - Not sure why anyone is upset about that. He's expensive and suspect.
    Not getting Rozier was a blessing...hopefully. At least I wouldn't have wanted them to take that risk.

It is okay guys. If we used cap space to absorb bad contracts like Harkless and Iguodola they may have demanded to be played and we would have missed out on the players we targeted. Also more picks the more young guys that would have been on the team to develop. Finally if we had too many assets it mt tempt us to trade it with our young core. Perry targeted the players we got so it was a success.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast