Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    Wait and see what exactly?

During the season you guys all said wait and see what this front office does during the off season before we evaluate them, and the KP trade.

Now that they completely failed, it's, we have to wait 2 years to evaluate them.

This is by far one of the worst years for any franchise in the NBA history.

But let's wait and see....
    I can only speak for myself, but when I said wait until the offseason, I specifically mentioned waiting to see what their approach would be if they missed on the top guys. Meaning if they went out and blew the cap space like Knicks teams typically do, then yeah they are full of it and no different. That didn't happen though. This was no where near the worst case scenario.

Worst years for any team in NBA history? I can think of worst years for the Knicks, let alone any NBA franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but when I said wait until the offseason, I specifically mentioned waiting to see what their approach would be if they missed on the top guys. Meaning if they went out and blew the cap space like Knicks teams typically do, then yeah they are full of it and no different. That didn't happen though. This was no where near the worst case scenario.

Worst years for any team in NBA history? I can think of worst years for the Knicks, let alone any NBA franchise.
    Do you honestly believe they can pull nets type off-season after year 3? At what point are we going to start judging them to top executives around league.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Nope, trading away a young once in a lifetime type player, star talent, for cap space, and getting nothing with that cap space, is 100% one of the worst years of any franchise in NBA history.

Every other team is getting 6-7 draft picks and multiple players, we got nothing.

That's as bad as it gets.

You can't trade KP for cap space and pretend you have some sort of master plan, after using that cap space to sign overpaid nobodies.

Nope, trading away a young once in a lifetime type player, star talent, for cap space, and getting nothing with that cap space, is 100% one of the worst years of any franchise in NBA history.

Every other team is getting 6-7 draft picks and multiple players, we got nothing.

That's as bad as it gets.

You can't trade KP for cap space and pretend you have some sort of master plan, after using that cap space to sign overpaid nobodies.
    He's not a once in a lifetime player. That, I'm certain of.

He's not a once in a lifetime player. That, I'm certain of.
    Name me another 7'3 athletic player, who is a top tier scorer and shot blocker who can score from anywhere, and has more shooting range than anyone not named Curry.

Name me another 7'3 athletic player, who is a top tier scorer and shot blocker who can score from anywhere, and has more shooting range than anyone not named Curry.
    Kristaps Porzingis lol

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

If you mean physical profile and skill set, then yeah...it's him and Bol Bol. If you're willing to include any 7 footer, that expands even more.

That wasn't my interpretation of once in a lifetime. His skill set is unique, but he's not a once in a lifetime player. Two very different things.

Nope, they’ll start out 50/50 ish, then go on a losing streak and start tanking in January latest. Barrett looks more raw then Mitch did. He’s athletically challenged and is not a shifty player. We will see how this plays out. But my opinion is we have 7 new mercenaries who are slightly better then the last bunch. So we will lose a lot of games.
    `

we just a tad too dramatic lol?

Worst trade of any franchise in history?

Let's dwell:

How any teams don't even get the chance to trade they just lose players to FA? I know the list is way too long to even think about.....so even if the Knicks just got DSJ it's better than losing him to FA the following year, which was a possibility.

And I don't recall anyone saying wait till the offseason for that to be the end all, most said we need to see the FA period how the Knicks handle it, who is coming and if we don't land the three big fish then what the Knicks do with the cap.

And I know I said multiple a trade is never over till it's over and that means what the picks return, because don't say the picks have no value......we got Mitch in the 2nd round for Melo.

Now on top of that KP has not stepped on the court but the trade is the worst of all time.......

The trade stinks but under the circumstances when a player wants out we were very fortunate as of today to have DSJ, 2 picks, and a bunch of good players that may be moved or work out or simply we don't pick up their option and see what we get with their cap money..........

So I've never seen anyone but this one poster declare a trade anything before the next season even starts, before the player traded who will be out for 20 months steps on the court, before the Picks are utilized, and before we see what these FA signings do or bring.........

Same poster who wanted no part of Kyrie or the trade was a loser, was leery of KD after the injury, so the only player that could make any sense to him was Kawhi...........in that case the trade was a loser lol

Never, ever .............in any sport.

If you mean physical profile and skill set, then yeah...it's him and Bol Bol. If you're willing to include any 7 footer, that expands even more.

That wasn't my interpretation of once in a lifetime. His skill set is unique, but he's not a once in a lifetime player. Two very different things.
    Once in a lifetime player means there is no one else like him, he's that unique, he's that special.

Wilt, Bron, KD, Zion, once on a lifetime players. No one else compares to them

Lmao Bullock just had back surgery. LOL at out a month, dude may not even play this season.

SMH, how does anyone defend this circus show front office?

Once in a lifetime player means there is no one else like him, he's that unique, he's that special.

Wilt, Bron, KD, Zion, once on a lifetime players. No one else compares to them
    He's nowhere near the level of those guys and that's the difference. Unique skillset, but not a generational/once in a lifetime player. He'll be lucky to be a top-10 NBA player in his prime. Those guys are top-10 players of All Time. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Lmao Bullock just had back surgery. LOL at out a month, dude may not even play this season.

SMH, how does anyone defend this circus show front office?
    I mean isn't that why they signed him for peanuts instead?

He's nowhere near the level of those guys and that's the difference. Unique skillset, but not a generational/once in a lifetime player. He'll be lucky to be a top-10 NBA player in his prime. Those guys are top-10 players of All Time. BIG DIFFERENCE.
    I never said he would have the same career as them, but he has the unique capability to do that.

And that alone is super rare, and worth everything is this league. If you don't have the few top tier players in the NBA, KP is right at the top of the list of the next tier players you would want.

I mean isn't that why they signed him for peanuts instead?
    Why are we signing him at all, lol, dude and his agent tried to hustle us and got caught and we still signed him, what's the point?

I never said he would have the same career as them, but he has the unique capability to do that.

And that alone is super rare, and worth everything is this league. If you don't have the few top tier players in the NBA, KP is right at the top of the list of the next tier players you would want.
    I understand that, but once in a lifetime player means exactly that. It doesn't matter if the player is 7'3" or 6'3". A once in a lifetime player is an All Time great. Just say he's unique and leave out the fluff.

He clearly has the potential to be really good, but nothing about his career trajectory suggests that he will be an All Time great regardless of his skillset. He's five years in and his best season is comparable to their first, second, or third seasons. We would've likely known already if that's where he was heading.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast