Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 407
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    202

    Randle, Portis, Taj, Payton, Ellington, and Bullock

    Hard working, young players(aside from Taj being older).I’ll take this over giving a level B guy a max. Perry’s hands were tied by Dolan with KD.
    Last edited by oldknicksfan; 07-01-2019 at 03:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,238
    The Knicks needed toughness and rebounding, just not sure they needed 3 pf's. Im guessing they want to play Portis at the 5. Nightmare on Broadway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,100
    Knicks, Reggie Bullock Agree To Two-Year Deal

    July 1st, 2019 at 12:57am CST by Luke Adams



    The Knicks have reached a deal to sign free agent wing Reggie Bullock to a two-year, $21MM contract, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (via Twitter).

    While New York missed out on its top free agent targets, the team has had a busy day, reaching eight-figure, multiyear deals with Julius Randle, Bobby Portis, Taj Gibson, and now Bullock.

    A first-round pick in the 2013 draft, Bullock began his career with the Clippers and then the Suns, but didn’t hit his stride until a stint with Detroit that began in 2015.

    Bullock averaged 11.3 PPG and shot 44.5% on three-pointers for the Pistons in 2017/18. Last season, the veteran split his time between the Pistons and Lakers as a result of a deadline trade, recording 12.1 PPG with a .377 3PT% in 63 total games.

    Like Portis and Gibson, Bullock will receive a two-year deal from the Knicks, while Randle’s third year features a partial guarantee. In other words, it appears New York will move forward with an eye toward regaining its cap flexibility during the summer of 2021. The team still projects to have about $18-20MM in cap room left this year after its reported agreements.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,238
    Bullock looks extremely one dimensional. Hope Im wrong. I know we need toughness to protect all of these young guards on the team but why not Cousins instead of Taj or Portis? He would be cheaper and possibly be a dog. I feel like im in the twilight zone this morning. When I woke up, i hoped that yesterdays travesty was just a nightmare.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Bullock looks extremely one dimensional. Hope Im wrong. I know we need toughness to protect all of these young guards on the team but why not Cousins instead of Taj or Portis? He would be cheaper and possibly be a dog. I feel like im in the twilight zone this morning. When I woke up, i hoped that yesterdays travesty was just a nightmare.
    Bullock is 3 and D and we desperately need shooting.

    Taj and Portis have much more dog in them than Boogie. Unless you count complaining to the refs and scowling on the bench as dog.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    29,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Bullock is 3 and D and we desperately need shooting.

    Taj and Portis have much more dog in them than Boogie. Unless you count complaining to the refs and scowling on the bench as dog.
    I love what Taj brings. Bullock can definitely shoot, Portis could be really good on both sides and Randle is very good.
    I like all the guys but I agree with Bivory. 3 PFs? Kind of weird. But hey, We will see.
    I think we just got way tougher and way better on D. Taj and Robinson could be a tough front court.



    **** off. Where's my title

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,457
    They got most of what many people wanted in a Plan B (i.e. if we missed out on the top picks) Randle & Portis. Many people wanted a point guard as well but we shored up the bench w/ 3pt shooting and strong defense. My guess is that Taj spends a lot of time backing up C.

    I think there is like $5M left in cap room so they could sign a back up PG as well. Perhaps the best part about all this is most of these contracts are 2 year deals and The Knicks should have more than $50 Mil available by the time the 2021 FA rolls around. Perhaps by then some of our young players will have blossomed and we'll really look like a team of the future?!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,655
    The strategy is obviously to surround our young guys with quality role players and see who rises to the top. This is all about gauging and developing our young guys hoping at least two of them turn into all stars.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love what Taj brings. Bullock can definitely shoot, Portis could be really good on both sides and Randle is very good.
    I like all the guys but I agree with Bivory. 3 PFs? Kind of weird. But hey, We will see.
    I think we just got way tougher and way better on D. Taj and Robinson could be a tough front court.
    I think the 3 PF thing is a bit overblown. We had basically 1 player to fill out our PF/C rotation going into the offseason - Mitch.

    Now we have Mitch at C, and three players who can legitimately play PF or C as well. 4 players for two positions isn’t ridiculous at all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,416
    Longtime basketball writer Peter Vecsey reported on Sunday that the New York Knicks are “furiously” working on a sign-and-trade with the Golden State Warriors for guard Quinn Cook, who is a restricted free agent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Longtime basketball writer Peter Vecsey reported on Sunday that the New York Knicks are “furiously” working on a sign-and-trade with the Golden State Warriors for guard Quinn Cook, who is a restricted free agent.
    This was a joke.

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,416
    Wow, sorry about that! I actually brought it, figured it would make sense if we’d trade Ellenson ( since we now have so many PF/C) for Cook( since we let Mudiay go).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,365
    We improved a lot. Definitely won't be a 17 win team again. Maybe 20...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    23,408
    hopefully they get injured and we win 14 games the next 2 years and maybe hen we will have a young team with maybe 2 home grown superstars who we dont know of yet
    [IMG][/IMG]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,245
    Bullock better not start over knox or rj

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •