Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoChiInChamp View Post
    His season numbers with RISP are .208/.338/.415, good for a wRC+ of 96. Certainly worse than he usually is, and he tends to be a little worse with RISP for his career (wRC+ of 121), but the hysteria around this right now is probably mostly a "ugh can this team just get their **** together after a crappy month" thing.
    Thatís certainly true. Although Bryant is slumping with RISP, he is the least of the teams worries right now. If the team was on a winning streak, whatever Bryant is doing with RISP would be less pronounced that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Thatís certainly true. Although Bryant is slumping with RISP, he is the least of the teams worries right now. If the team was on a winning streak, whatever Bryant is doing with RISP would be less pronounced that it is.
    Hopefully Hendricks comes back with a solid outing that shows no signs of lingering injury and we get relatively positive news on Hamels. That and a few wins headed into the break should help quell some of this stuff.

Still not convinced it's not just randomness but just hit KB leadoff already.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 07-02-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Maybe they're not on a winning streak because of what Bryant is doing (or not doing) with RISP [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Maddon considering that, especially since Schwarber leadoff magic has faded

RISP thread - the #'s are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Maybe they're not on a winning streak because of what Bryant is doing (or not doing) with RISP [emoji2369]
    Certainly fair but the slump is a team wide problem, not a Kris Bryant problem. Weíve had losses where the bullpen have blown it, starters havenít pitched well, defensive errors, losses weíve gone 0-5 with RISP in one game and two streaks this year where the team went 0-25+ with risp. That is not all on Bryant. The thing is that the entire team needs to step up as a whole.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 07-02-2019 at 06:08 PM.

I've been saying this since 2017. He was drafted as a leadoff hitter, and the Cubs moved him. He gets on base at almost of 400 clip. He also said that he would like to lead off, and he's a great base runner

Well I said this about a week ago so obviously I'm on board.

Len Kasper said on the radio that all fanbase complain about their teams and RISP, that the Cubs have a great offense, he's not worried and he thinks the fans shouldn't worry.

Forget the last 3 seasons of data with this core, I'm going to take Len at his word.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Len Kasper said on the radio that all fanbase complain about their teams and RISP, that the Cubs have a great offense, he's not worried and he thinks the fans shouldn't worry.

Forget the last 3 seasons of data with this core, I'm going to take Len at his word.
    I mean, Dave already posted the numbers at the start of this thread and the data, especially this year, isn't nearly as bad as people love thinking it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RISP thread - the #'s are terrible

The first part is true. Fans do always complain about RISP. Thatís not unique to Cubs fans.

Do they have a ďgreatĒ offense? I donít think so. They have a good one. They have 4 great offensive players, 2-3 good/average ones and some really bad ones that are getting lots of PAs. Overall their offensive numbers are closer to good than great.

Should fans worry? Worry if you want to. I think they are better than they are playing now, but I canít say Iím not worried about their performance. They have some significant flaws, and I donít know if they have the resources available to fix many of those flaws now or even in the next offseason.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-03-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Since 2017, Cubs non-pitchers have a wRC+ of 102 in RISP situations, 17th in baseball. Compared to their 108 wRC+ in total, 4th in baseball, they've obviously been worse in these situations. It's a weakness of theirs. But it's not like they're particularly unproductive in those situations.

I looked at the numbers a couple days ago and we were actually better than the Braves with RISP, which was quite surprising

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I've been saying this since 2017. He was drafted as a leadoff hitter, and the Cubs moved him. He gets on base at almost of 400 clip. He also said that he would like to lead off, and he's a great base runner
    Bryant was drafted as a lead off hitter? Didnít he hit over 30 homers his last year in college? Did anyone really think that was what he would do in the majors? In the minors he always hit in the middle of the line up. He might be good leading off, but I think it is a stretch to see he was drafted as a lead off hitter. IMO that was never the Cubs plan for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Bryant was drafted as a lead off hitter? Didnít he hit over 30 homers his last year in college? Did anyone really think that was what he would do in the majors? In the minors he always hit in the middle of the line up. He might be good leading off, but I think it is a stretch to see he was drafted as a lead off hitter. IMO that was never the Cubs plan for him.
    ďIíll do it,Ē third baseman Kris Bryant said via Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune. ďIíd love to. I did it in college. My whole junior year (at the University of San Diego), I was leadoff.Ē

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast