Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    “I’ll do it,” third baseman Kris Bryant said via Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune. “I’d love to. I did it in college. My whole junior year (at the University of San Diego), I was leadoff.”
    I think the confusion stems from the wording. If someone said he was "drafted as a catcher", it would mean, for example, the team drafted a player and then immediately had plans to play him as a catcher. When you stated that he was "drafted as a leadoff hitter" it makes it sound in the same vein; that Kris Bryant was drafted and the teams long term plans were to have him hit leadoff. Judging by the way the team has used him, the Cubs didn't draft him with that long term plan, I don't think. What I DO think, though, is what you meant was "he hit leadoff in college" but others did not take it that way. Just a misunderstanding in wording, I think.

Personally, I dont care where he hits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-06-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Where he hits might not matter but wouldn't our offense be in better shape if we stacked our 4 guys with 380+ OBPs at the top and didn't have a guy who is doing well if he scrapes 320?

KB
    Heyward
    Willy
    Rizzo
    Javy
    Schwarber

Looks better to me

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Where he hits might not matter but wouldn't our offense be in better shape if we stacked our 4 guys with 380+ OBPs at the top and didn't have a guy who is doing well if he scrapes 320?

KB
    Heyward
    Willy
    Rizzo
    Javy
    Schwarber

Looks better to me
    Just goes back to the studies that really, lineup construction doesn't matter much. Those 5 in any order will basically result in the same long term run production.

Like I said, I don't really care much.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think the confusion stems from the wording. If someone said he was "drafted as a catcher", it would mean, for example, the team drafted a player and then immediately had plans to play him as a catcher. When you stated that he was "drafted as a leadoff hitter" it makes it sound in the same vein; that Kris Bryant was drafted and the teams long term plans were to have him hit leadoff. Judging by the way the team has used him, the Cubs didn't draft him with that long term plan, I don't think. What I DO think, though, is what you meant was "he hit leadoff in college" but others did not take it that way. Just a misunderstanding in wording, I think.

Personally, I dont care where he hits.

That's exactly what I meant. He was a leadoff hitter when they drafted him. They didn't draft him to hit lead off

That sad, if we are looking for a leadoff hitter, it's already on our roster. He really does check a lot of boxes when it comes to leading off. But a guy like him checks a lot of boxes no matter where he hats

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

KB
    Heyward
    Willy
    Rizzo
    Javy
    Schwarber

Looks better to me
    I agree with this 100%. The more a guy gets on base, the More at bats he should get

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123