Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Whats pathetic is we played well, the rotation was good vs the celtics, defense, ball movement, was solid, had we won, fizdale would of done the same exact thing vs the kings.

But because we lost a close game, he went and changed the whole rotation.

This coach is a moron, and if your still defending this nonsense, your delusional.

How the **** does a nba team develop and build chemestry with this level of incompetence? Does this **** think it happens overnight?
    Have to agree with you, L. Fiz is lucky to have a HC position. Name one thing he does well? Anyone? He is an assistant AT BEST. He hasn't passed the eye test from the beginning.
    What's laughable is the folks in here that defended his incompetece as him being the ultimate Tank Master.
    Last edited by knickfanatic; 11-04-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knickfanatic View Post
    Have to agree with you, L. Fiz is lucky to have a HC position. Name one thing he does well? Anyone? He is an assistant AT BEST. He hasn't passed the eye test from the beginning.
    What's laughable is the folks in here that defended his incompetece as him being the ultimate Tank Master.
    Whats sad is i dont think he was trying to tank that bad!

Hes doing the same EXACT **** he did last season!

We thought he did it to tank, but hes still doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Whats sad is i dont think he was trying to tank that bad!

Hes doing the same EXACT **** he did last season!

We thought he did it to tank, but hes still doing it!
    They should of hired him many years ago before the lottery rules changed. He would have been a tremendous asset in times when tanking made sense. BTW, I apologize. He's not even worthy of an Assistant role at best. Offense, Defense, Development? Nah. I'll pass.

Randle's a big reason for the pathetic 1-6 start. His turnovers and awful shooting have killed the team. As someone else said, 20 mil or not moving this guy to the bench may not be a bad idea, heck it may even wake him up. Boost Knox's minutes, can Morris play the 4 though is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    It was rationalize-able at the time but yeah this signing was a mistake.

He eats up too many possessions and takes away touches from people that we need to grow.

Also I'm baffled as to how he shot so well from three last year but looks like he doesn't even know how to shoot a jumpshot properly.

At least it's only two years guaranteed.
    Hustla, I normally agree but I don't understand how this signing was ever "rationalize-able." The Lakers gave up on him, he is and was always and inefficient player, his style and skill represents nothing about today's game. He was a stat sheet filler and a team loser, why pay the guy?

It shows to me that the front office is again clueless. The one guy you had at the time with serious potential was Mitch and we can see Mitch already taking steps back with the roster configuration. I am sick of it, for once we actually have 2 prospects with legit offensive and defensive talent and we aren't helping them develop at all.

******* Frank next to RJ, he needs a shooter next to him. ******* overrated ball hogs next to Mitch.

The lineup as I said weeks ago should be RJ, best shooter (whoever that is), Knox, Morris, and Mitch. Bench Randle and cut your losses. Let him thrive as a 6th man and trade him to a team that has lost their big.

We need to focus on development, period. It was completely moronic that anyone was excited for this team. The FO should all be fired and Fiz should be canned as well.

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Randle's a big reason for the pathetic 1-6 start. His turnovers and awful shooting have killed the team. As someone else said, 20 mil or not moving this guy to the bench may not be a bad idea, heck it may even wake him up. Boost Knox's minutes, can Morris play the 4 though is the question.
    Morris best position is the 4, that's what he played on the celtics and was a net positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Morris best position is the 4, that's what he played on the celtics and was a net positive.
    the irony is Morris is actually a very good fit next to Mitch up front. a floor spacing 4 that can bang down low as well. so of course we decide to move him to SF... you really cant make this stuff up. Who would ever think that was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    the irony is Morris is actually a very good fit next to Mitch up front. a floor spacing 4 that can bang down low as well. so of course we decide to move him to SF... you really cant make this stuff up. Who would ever think that was a good idea?
    The problem is Morris was signed after Randle and crew. It seems as though the Knicks didn't think they had a chance at Morris and only got him because they outbid SA toward the end of the FA period. But, he is a better fit without question.

I would like the Knicks to go forward with this rotation but it won't happen.
    Payton....Frank/DS
    RJ....Trier
    Knox....Iggy
    Morris....Randle
    Mitch....Taj/Portis

Yup it was clear as day. A floor spacing 4 needs to play next to mitch. It's about fitting the roster with the right pieces. Now that they see it wont work with mitch and Randle they bench mitch for portis. The Randle signing by itself is going to divide this team very fast because they will not bench him due to his contract and the confusion on the court will continue to mount

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The problem is Morris was signed after Randle and crew. It seems as though the Knicks didn't think they had a chance at Morris and only got him because they outbid SA toward the end of the FA period. But, he is a better fit without question.

Payton....Frank/DS
    RJ....Trier
    Knox....Iggy
    Morris....Randle
    Mitch....Taj/Portis
    so was Portis... which makes no sense. why sign Randle AND portis? I get that Morris became available unexpectedly, but if your intention was to have him start at SF, then don't sign him, because his value is deminsioned greatly there and it further slows and clogs our team. at least Knox is young runs the floor and doesn't spend 20 seconds ISOing trying to get his.

the other issue is Morris is very clearly just playing for a contract.

so was Portis... which makes no sense. why sign Randle AND portis? I get that Morris became available unexpectedly, but if your intention was to have him start at SF, then don't sign him, because his value is deminsioned greatly there and it further slows and clogs our team. at least Knox is young runs the floor and doesn't spend 20 seconds ISOing trying to get his.

the other issue is Morris is very clearly just playing for a contract.
    The coaching needs to be strong and tell Morris just to be a stretch wing, no iso ball... RJ is the player we have that should be allowed to ISO. I have no idea what they are doing with there most intriguing talent in Mitch... we are screwing this guys career, his metrics are like off the charts compared to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post

Payton....Frank/DS
    RJ....Trier
    Knox....Iggy
    Morris....Randle
    Mitch....Taj/Portis
    I am 100% on board with that rotation except I would make Portis our backup center

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Yup it was clear as day. A floor spacing 4 needs to play next to mitch. It's about fitting the roster with the right pieces. Now that they see it wont work with mitch and Randle they bench mitch for portis. The Randle signing by itself is going to divide this team very fast because they will not bench him due to his contract and the confusion on the court will continue to mount
    Exactly right.

Randle needs to find his shot ASAP. That will open up the rest of his game and heíll stop turning the ball over so damn much. Itís a shame because he actually looked good in the 1st game against the Spurs. Heís been a complete disaster since and hasnít made a 3 in any of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic387 View Post
    Hustla, I normally agree but I don't understand how this signing was ever "rationalize-able." The Lakers gave up on him, he is and was always and inefficient player, his style and skill represents nothing about today's game. He was a stat sheet filler and a team loser, why pay the guy?

It shows to me that the front office is again clueless. The one guy you had at the time with serious potential was Mitch and we can see Mitch already taking steps back with the roster configuration. I am sick of it, for once we actually have 2 prospects with legit offensive and defensive talent and we aren't helping them develop at all.

******* Frank next to RJ, he needs a shooter next to him. ******* overrated ball hogs next to Mitch.

The lineup as I said weeks ago should be RJ, best shooter (whoever that is), Knox, Morris, and Mitch. Bench Randle and cut your losses. Let him thrive as a 6th man and trade him to a team that has lost their big.

We need to focus on development, period. It was completely moronic that anyone was excited for this team. The FO should all be fired and Fiz should be canned as well.
    We tried starting Ellington with RJ in the back court. It did not work. Obviously it would help if Frank could shoot respectably but we have our best stretches with him and RJ.

I agree with the others. The obvious solution is benching Randle. Let him stat pad against scrubs. Move Morris to the 4. Insert either Knox at the 3 or Ellington at the 2 and move RJ to which ever position is open depending one which of those players you move.

That would give us Frank's defense up top, Mitch's defense down low. 2 shooters and a stretch 4 when RJ drives. Perfect.

Oh and if Portis Morris and Randle ever run the weaver at the top of the key again bench all for the rest of whatever half we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    We tried starting Ellington with RJ in the back court. It did not work. Obviously it would help if Frank could shoot respectably but we have our best stretches with him and RJ.

I agree with the others. The obvious solution is benching Randle. Let him stat pad against scrubs. Move Morris to the 4. Insert either Knox at the 3 or Ellington at the 2 and move RJ to which ever position is open depending one which of those players you move.

That would give us Frank's defense up top, Mitch's defense down low. 2 shooters and a stretch 4 when RJ drives. Perfect.

Oh and if Portis Morris and Randle ever run the weaver at the top of the key again bench all for the rest of whatever half we are in.
    agreed, and it would move Morris back to his natural PF position.

how long will we suffer for Perry trying to justify his moronic "big signing"?

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast