Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    does it mention his cohorts? One thing you realize (when ur way smarter than you and as smart as I, a true intellectual) is if they have deep connections with people in power, you're going to get the puff stuff.
    Iím not smart enough to know what you mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    good stuff, review more ****
    Have you watched The Toys That Made Us on Netflix? I talked briefly about it before but they just dropped season 3, and I've only watched the first 2 EPs on TMNT and the Power Rangers, but the stories are fascinating. I am a sentimental shmuck and the nostalgia draws me in but hearing from the creators all of the ups and downs they encountered along the way is awesome.

The creators of TMNT (Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird) as many know started off with a comic book. It was dark, gritty, violent. And it started off as a joke. All they knew is that they wanted to be in the industry no matter what it took. They started Mirage Studios out of their ****** apartment, the humor being that their 'studio' was basically a mirage in itself. One day they decided to draw the silliest figures they could. One of them drew a turtle with nun-chuks and a bandana over his eyes. The other dude thought it was hilarious so he drew one similar and they built off of that. Shredder is killed in their first issue. I think they printed 3000 copies and they sold quick so they had a hit on their hands but they needed a ton of help. The dude they hired had a life-sized stuffed doll made and he went and pitched all the toy companies, riding around with the turtle riding shotgun. The story just gets crazier and crazier.

I'm not even a fan of the Power Rangers but that story is worthy of a movie in itself. I highly suggest to check that out and watch the rest of the series, if you're into that sort of thing. I think the editing and direction is top notch. It's funny and engrossing.

I'm about to start the ep on wrestling figures which were another favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Watched Jack of All Trades last night on Netflix. Its about this soon to be 40 year old dude who is supposed to return to his mom's home and get rid of the old baseball cards he had saddled her with for 20 years. As a card collector in the 80s-90s it started out with some humor at his expense as he has no clue how worthless most of his cards hes so proud of having are. He goes to a card show to sell his mass-produced junk and the place is like a ghost town. He expected it to be like the old days with bursting commerce and they'd be lining up to buy his stuff. They offer him like 40 bucks for his entire box, which was obviously quite a shock. So he sets out to figure out what happened to the industry.

It turns out to be a pretty sad story. His dad was the founder of Sluggers, which was a big card store chain back in the day on the east coast. And one day he just up and sold his business and deserted his family. Never reached out to tell them why be left; just left em high and dry. And it really ****ed him up for life in all of his relationships.

They also show how scandalous the whole industry was. Griffey's Upper Deck rookie is an iconic card in history as any collector knows. At its peak it would fetch a grand or two to a desperate buyer at a trade show. His dad had connections with the company and they would just print entire sheets of the card for him to peddle. It was pretty ****ed up how the industry exploded during that time and the values were all a sham.

As a former collector I really enjoyed it. It hit the sentimental spot. Its not for everybody but for those who used to collect you will probably like it just fine.
    It was a good movie, and reminded me of my own life.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

The Eugenics crusade 7/10. Interesting look at the American Eugenics movement. Its on Amazon prime 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Eugenics crusade 7/10. Interesting look at the American Eugenics movement. Its on Amazon prime 7/10
    I'll watch it just to see what satiates you

Iím not smart enough to know what you mean

and u never will be

I lately watched "Fit to fat and back" and give it a 3/5. It wasn't produced in very high quality while the content was pretty interesting. I had some doubts though if it all was completely sincere or if a bit of drama was added to make it more sensational.

Beyond the Matt. 10/10

Behind the scenes Wrestling doc. Great content, interviews, footage and not sensationalialized at all. Just really good

Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez - 7/10

The biggest take away I got that I really had not he ward or read about this case is that he was molested as kid and that he was bisexual going back into HS.

I read the book by Patterson which was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

The biggest take away I got that I really had not he ward or read about this case is that he was molested as kid and that he was bisexual going back into HS.

Never read anything by Patterson. For some reason I kind of assumed he sucks lol. Do you like him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

Was a good documentary, but at times felt a little too sympathetic for a guy that definitely murdered one guy and may have murdered three.

I get that he had the worst case of CTE and all the other things in his past, but I don't believe that excuses the awful things he did.

Never read anything by Patterson. For some reason I kind of assumed he sucks lol. Do you like him?

Not really.

I find him too basic, but the book was a quick easy read.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Was a good documentary, but at times felt a little too sympathetic for a guy that definitely murdered one guy and may have murdered three.

I get that he had the worst case of CTE and all the other things in his past, but I don't believe that excuses the awful things he did.
    Yeah, itís like they try to make as many excuses or reasons as to why he did what he did, but in the end he was a stone cold ****ing murderer.

I saw a decent chunk of the end of that Hernandez doc at a friend's recently. Def seemed like they were borderline bending over backwards to make excuses for his violent behavior.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast