Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Searching for Sugar Man (2012) - 9.5/10 - Simply an amazing story.
    Loved it too.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

The Vietnam War (Kevin Burns) 10/10.

The full history of US participation in the Vietnam civil war.

Brilliant.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Rotten 7/10

You guys should include where you seen the documentary at. Just to make life easier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    You guys should include where you seen the documentary at. Just to make life easier.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Most of them can be found on Cinebloom

Evil Genius - 6.5/10

Rate The Last Documentary You Watched

Shadows of Sophia 6/10

Corruption and Soviet influences in Bulgaria. Interesting but really couldnít take things out of the shadows. I enjoyed but canít say I really know what the deal is

Rented through Fios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Watched Jack of All Trades last night on Netflix. Its about this soon to be 40 year old dude who is supposed to return to his mom's home and get rid of the old baseball cards he had saddled her with for 20 years. As a card collector in the 80s-90s it started out with some humor at his expense as he has no clue how worthless most of his cards hes so proud of having are. He goes to a card show to sell his mass-produced junk and the place is like a ghost town. He expected it to be like the old days with bursting commerce and they'd be lining up to buy his stuff. They offer him like 40 bucks for his entire box, which was obviously quite a shock. So he sets out to figure out what happened to the industry.

It turns out to be a pretty sad story. His dad was the founder of Sluggers, which was a big card store chain back in the day on the east coast. And one day he just up and sold his business and deserted his family. Never reached out to tell them why be left; just left em high and dry. And it really ****ed him up for life in all of his relationships.

They also show how scandalous the whole industry was. Griffey's Upper Deck rookie is an iconic card in history as any collector knows. At its peak it would fetch a grand or two to a desperate buyer at a trade show. His dad had connections with the company and they would just print entire sheets of the card for him to peddle. It was pretty ****ed up how the industry exploded during that time and the values were all a sham.

As a former collector I really enjoyed it. It hit the sentimental spot. Its not for everybody but for those who used to collect you will probably like it just fine.

Wow Jack of All Trades sounds like one I have to see .I remember the all card bubble,we would go to the local comic book shop and scour the ball cards for bargains but the bubble did burst.I can't imagine how collectors feel about the lack of value in collections now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangclock View Post
    Wow Jack of All Trades sounds like one I have to see .I remember the all card bubble,we would go to the local comic book shop and scour the ball cards for bargains but the bubble did burst.I can't imagine how collectors feel about the lack of value in collections now.
    Yeah check it out. If you were a collector you will definitely enjoy it. It can be slow at times and it deals a lot with the fallout from his father leaving but it has plenty of redeeming qualities also.

Iron Cowboy (netflix) - 7.5/10

Yes there was some controversy surrounding it, but what he accomplished was absolutely unbelievable.

Who Killed Garrett Phillips - 9/10 itís on HBO itís about a 12 year old kid who was killed in a small town in upstate New York. The police basically zero in on Nick Hillary who was one of a few black men living in that area and also had dated the mother of the kid killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Who Killed Garrett Phillips - 9/10 itís on HBO itís about a 12 year old kid who was killed in a small town in upstate New York. The police basically zero in on Nick Hillary who was one of a few black men living in that area and also had dated the mother of the kid killed.

Just finished this as well. Even assuming they left out some negative things about Hillary they just had nothing on him other then he stole some girl from a local cop. I also hated how the new prosecutor basically got herself elected by saying the old prosecutor was failing to bring charges when they had good evidence when they didn't. Why is that an elected position? Just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Just finished this as well. Even assuming they left out some negative things about Hillary they just had nothing on him other then he stole some girl from a local cop. I also hated how the new prosecutor basically got herself elected by saying the old prosecutor was failing to bring charges when they had good evidence when they didn't. Why is that an elected position? Just doesn't seem right.
    Yeah, I donít get it either, but since you have dem candidates and gop candidates and they have their own agendas the people deserve the right to vote for somebody that has similar views on their town?

One other thing about the new prosecutor, the fact that she left **** out that could possibly show that somebody else did it shows you how ****ing dirty these people are. Her ex could have easily being accused based on the same circumstantial evidence that Hillary was prosecuted on.

But because he was in law enforcement and had his buddies doing the investigation, it was all good, just point the finger at that other dude.

Uncovered: The McMartain Trail. 9/10 This was on Oxygen and I watched it on demand. Really interesting stuff. It was the long and most expansive trail ever (at the time- early 80s) and is about a preschool where their was accusations of 100s of cases of molestation however it not as cut and dry as it seems b/c there is a very good debate about the weather it happened.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast