Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Night Stalker - The Hunt for a Serial Killer - 8/10

4 part doc on the hunt for Richard Ramirez the Night Stalker. Dude may have been pure evil, of all the serial killers he was not one with any sort of type of victim, dude just killed, raped and molested kids. Killed young and old without regard.

Now after saying that one question I always had is, are these people just evil or a product of their up bringing? Considering what RR went through as a kid it has to be more of an up bringing, but eventually his evilness just took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Night Stalker - The Hunt for a Serial Killer - 8/10

4 part doc on the hunt for Richard Ramirez the Night Stalker. Dude may have been pure evil, of all the serial killers he was not one with any sort of type of victim, dude just killed, raped and molested kids. Killed young and old without regard.

Now after saying that one question I always had is, are these people just evil or a product of their up bringing? Considering what RR went through as a kid it has to be more of an up bringing, but eventually his evilness just took over.
    I'm very interested in serial killers and their stories. I've probably read the wiki and other sources of about 30 SK just over the last couple months alone.

What you notice is that not only did many of them face abuse from authority figures or others in their lives, but many of them suffered major trauma to the head, and, commonly, the frontal lobe of the brain, which regulates impulse control. Now this doesn't absolve or excuse them in any way. Many people suffered those injuries in life and didn't go on to be SK. But combined with other factors it makes for an explosive mixture. Many of the absolute most nefarious were also homosexual and that was so taboo back in the days that they had to repress their sexuality. They're just powder kegs waiting for ignition.

https://www.murdermiletours.com/blog...ies-as-a-child

Ramirez had a dresser fall on his head at 2 y/o. At 5 he was knocked out by someone swinging on a swingset. This caused him to have seizures throughout his teen years. He was also raped violently in juvenile hall, and there's stories of a cousin tying him up in a graveyard overnight.

Lucas' mother smacked him with a 2x4 in the back of the head and let him lay in a coma for 2 days without taking him to the hospital. Lucas also claimed his mom dressed him as a girl through his formative years up until he was a teenager. That had a major impact on his psyche.

Gacy's father was an unrelenting bully. Beat JWG unconscious with a broomstick at 6. Who knows how much CTE accumulated from the non-concussive blows he suffered as a child/adolescent.

If you read about Charles Whitman, the Clock Tower Killer, who killed 10 at the University of Texas, which basically sparked the SK craze over the following couple decades, you'll read that he had numerous visits with a psychiatrist because he had uncontrollable violent impulses. He wrote a letter the night before he went on his spree - also the same night he murdered his wife and mother in their sleep - basically claiming that he knows something is wrong with him but doesn't know what, and he hoped that they would study his brain after his death. With what we know about CTE now, his story is familiar.

Personally I do feel that these are major contributing factors. I don't believe that each of them were born evil. I don't really believe anyone is born that way, but some very young people have done some horrific things, and it makes you think.

In the 70s and 80s the number of sk exploded. The 80s in particular were insane. At one point there was 3 (4 actually when we include the accomplice) guys, completely unaware of each other, going around Southern California in vans and picking up teens and hitchhikers and torturing, raping, and murdering them, and dumping them along freeways. 2 of them had nearly identical M.O.. These individuals accounted for over 100 convicted murders, all of them acting simultaneously, but again, unbeknownst of each other. That's just crazy to me. In San Quentin 4 of Californias most notorious sk formed a Bridge (cards) club. Wonder what kind of conversations go on at that table.

And that's another thing that is crazy to me is how these guys sit on death row for 20-30 years. California votes capital punishment in and votes it out. Rarely do they execute even when it has been voted in. But even in other states some of these guys go a long time without being put down.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I'm very interested in serial killers and their stories. I've probably read the wiki and other sources of about 30 SK just over the last couple months alone.

What you notice is that not only did many of them face abuse from authority figures or others in their lives, but many of them suffered major trauma to the head, and, commonly, the frontal lobe of the brain, which regulates impulse control. Now this doesn't absolve or excuse them in any way. Many people suffered those injuries in life and didn't go on to be SK. But combined with other factors it makes for an explosive mixture. Many of the absolute most nefarious were also homosexual and that was so taboo back in the days that they had to repress their sexuality. They're just powder kegs waiting for ignition.

https://www.murdermiletours.com/blog...ies-as-a-child

Ramirez had a dresser fall on his head at 2 y/o. At 5 he was knocked out by someone swinging on a swingset. This caused him to have seizures throughout his teen years. He was also raped violently in juvenile hall, and there's stories of a cousin tying him up in a graveyard overnight.

Lucas' mother smacked him with a 2x4 in the back of the head and let him lay in a coma for 2 days without taking him to the hospital. Lucas also claimed his mom dressed him as a girl through his formative years up until he was a teenager. That had a major impact on his psyche.

Gacy's father was an unrelenting bully. Beat JWG unconscious with a broomstick at 6. Who knows how much CTE accumulated from the non-concussive blows he suffered as a child/adolescent.

If you read about Charles Whitman, the Clock Tower Killer, who killed 10 at the University of Texas, which basically sparked the SK craze over the following couple decades, you'll read that he had numerous visits with a psychiatrist because he had uncontrollable violent impulses. He wrote a letter the night before he went on his spree - also the same night he murdered his wife and mother in their sleep - basically claiming that he knows something is wrong with him but doesn't know what, and he hoped that they would study his brain after his death. With what we know about CTE now, his story is familiar.

Personally I do feel that these are major contributing factors. I don't believe that each of them were born evil. I don't really believe anyone is born that way, but some very young people have done some horrific things, and it makes you think.

In the 70s and 80s the number of sk exploded. The 80s in particular were insane. At one point there was 3 (4 actually when we include the accomplice) guys, completely unaware of each other, going around Southern California in vans and picking up teens and hitchhikers and torturing, raping, and murdering them, and dumping them along freeways. 2 of them had nearly identical M.O.. These individuals accounted for over 100 convicted murders, all of them acting simultaneously, but again, unbeknownst of each other. That's just crazy to me. In San Quentin 4 of Californias most notorious sk formed a Bridge (cards) club. Wonder what kind of conversations go on at that table.

And that's another thing that is crazy to me is how these guys sit on death row for 20-30 years. California votes capital punishment in and votes it out. Rarely do they execute even when it has been voted in. But even in other states some of these guys go a long time without being put down.
    RR used to be tied in a cemetery by his father as a way to punish him.

His cousin served in Vietnam and used to tell him stories of how he raped and killed people when over there when RR was a kid.
    They go over some of the other stuff he went through.

On a side note he also was one of the SK that women started showing love for after he was arrested, sending him nudes and showing up at trial to show support.

On a somewhat relate topic, the documentary I watched was No One saw a thing. It's about a guy in the 80s who terrorizes a town and they band together and shoot him in cold blood in the middle of town. I read the book about him several years ago. There was also a few other disturbing murders that happened in the town. One was the lady who cut out another womans baby and took it.

Anyone watch the Bob Lazar one on Netflix? For those unfamiliar, heís the Area 51 whistleblower from the 80ís. Came out in 2018. Very interesting to revisit his story 30 years later. After everything that has come out in the past 5 years or so, it really makes his story more credible. Great watch whether you believe in that **** or not. The follow up was watching a couple of Rogan podcasts with the people involved in the making. Some of the things they discuss are a little hard to hear.

Seaspiracy - all that **** is horrible. Commercial fishing needs to be regulated somehow or some other advancements need to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Seaspiracy - all that **** is horrible. Commercial fishing needs to be regulated somehow or some other advancements need to be done.

I'm about halfway through. It's painful to watch. The sheer volume of animals pulled from the oceans everyday is unsustainable especially when a growing population needs to be considered. But how do you replace that food? I honestly think that like many other things, it circles back to; there are way too many humans on this planet and depopulating the earth needs to be taken seriously.

I saw Allen v. Farrow, I came away from it that Allen is a disgusting human being. When this all happened I stopped watching his movies because of his involvement with Farrow's child, I just never knew the extent.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I'm about halfway through. It's painful to watch. The sheer volume of animals pulled from the oceans everyday is unsustainable especially when a growing population needs to be considered. But how do you replace that food? I honestly think that like many other things, it circles back to; there are way too many humans on this planet and depopulating the earth needs to be taken seriously.
    Oh thatís absolutely what it is. I mentioned that to my fiancť as we watched it together.

But maybe itís not so much depopulating as much as itís just working on a way to make sustainability actually reality. You canít sustain when youíre wasting more than youíre catching.

And as you said, how do you replace the food? I know some of the doc was vegetarian propaganda, but even if it wasnít, we make it a vegetarian world and youíre going to have the same issue due to the population. The more food sources the better, we just need to control the sustainability and waste less.

Iíll tell you that this is one of the first times I didSeriously consider turning vegetarian or at least turning to a more veggie rich diet over meats.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    We need Thanos now.

We need Thanos now.
    Didnít thanos destroy 50% of all life? Doesnít really solve the problem lol

Oh thatís absolutely what it is. I mentioned that to my fiancť as we watched it together.

But maybe itís not so much depopulating as much as itís just working on a way to make sustainability actually reality. You canít sustain when youíre wasting more than youíre catching.

And as you said, how do you replace the food? I know some of the doc was vegetarian propaganda, but even if it wasnít, we make it a vegetarian world and youíre going to have the same issue due to the population. The more food sources the better, we just need to control the sustainability and waste less.

Iíll tell you that this is one of the first times I didSeriously consider turning vegetarian or at least turning to a more veggie rich diet over meats.

Great post. I think if we can find some sustainable way to way to replace the food, that would be great. But I have my doubts. For depopulation, I think so many things come back to that, pollution, deforestation/urbanization, ecosystems, water sources, etc, etc. They all seem to point back to the same thing.

We need Thanos now.
    That would be very drastic obviously and I don't know how to solve the problem. Limiting child births, making males get vasectomy until they are 100% sure they want children so there are no "unwanted" pregnancies, killing people off??? I really don't know what would be the correct answer.

I do always think about an episode of Quantam Leap that dealt with it. It was a lottery. You win, your family gets millions and you get offed, for the good of the planet.

Didnít thanos destroy 50% of all life? Doesnít really solve the problem lol

And we know those left behind aren't just going to stop re-populating. Humans tend to take the words "you cannot" poorly. Its only a matter of time before a snap would have to happen again.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    And we know those left behind aren't just going to stop re-populating. Humans tend to take the words "you cannot" poorly. Its only a matter of time before a snap would have to happen again.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I think is just a matter of time before a more dangerous virus than covid comes along and wipes out millions upon millions of people maybe even a billion.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910