Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rate The Last Documentary You Watched

Figured it is a good idea to have this thread for non-fiction shows/movies. This genre can be the best viewing experience depending on your taste

I'm almost done with Netflix' "The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann" series and it's really good

Three Identical Strangers(2018) - 9.5/10 - It's about triplets who were separated at birth and raised by 3 different families and then reunite. It gets pretty dark, and it tries to answer the nature vs. nurture question.
    Last edited by zn23; 06-30-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Won't You Be My Neighbor? - 9.5/10

I watched Mr. Rogers as a kid, so it was interesting to learn more about his background, how the show started/ended, his family, people that knew him personally, and how he was such a genuinely great person. A really moving documentary.

In the Realms of the Unreal-9/10
    The documentary of outsider artist Henry Darger .I was a fan of the Vivian Girls band back in the day and really knew nothing of the inspiration of the band's name until much later.Outsider art has a number of small documentaries covering what must be a genre for a very small audience.I found In the Realms of the Unreal very well produced which surprised me due to what a small audience it was likely to play to.

Just watched the latest ESPN 30 for 30 "The Good, The Bad, The Hungry" 7.5 out of 10

About the rivalry between Kobayashi and Chestnut. I thought it was very well made and enjoyable. Interesting look into the world of Competitive eating

Apollo 11. Dunno how I missed it when it came out but caught it recently. It's entirely made from old footage and it was fantastic and showed alot of great stuff. Probably need to be a somewhat fan of NASA or the Apollo program to like it as much as I did but 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Apollo 11. Dunno how I missed it when it came out but caught it recently. It's entirely made from old footage and it was fantastic and showed alot of great stuff. Probably need to be a somewhat fan of NASA or the Apollo program to like it as much as I did but 9/10
    On my to watch list sounds amazing!

Verry Gooddddd

Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    Just watched the latest ESPN 30 for 30 "The Good, The Bad, The Hungry" 7.5 out of 10

About the rivalry between Kobayashi and Chestnut. I thought it was very well made and enjoyable. Interesting look into the world of Competitive eating
    Crazy to see how serious competitive eating is. Joey chestnut doing those mouth excercises was extreme.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Searching for Sugar Man (2012) - 9.5/10 - Simply an amazing story.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Searching for Sugar Man (2012) - 9.5/10 - Simply an amazing story.
    I've heard that's both good and has a good soundtrack. Will have to check it out.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

The Gatekeepers(2012) - 8.5/10

The King of Kong 10/10 about Donkey Kong World Record Holders and Video Games in General 2007!
    Ready for School!

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Three Identical Strangers(2018) - 9.5/10 - It's about triplets who were separated at birth and raised by 3 different families and then reunite. It gets pretty dark, and it tries to answer the nature vs. nurture question.
    Great documentary. Unexpected twists and turns.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Won't You Be My Neighbor? - 9.5/10

I watched Mr. Rogers as a kid, so it was interesting to learn more about his background, how the show started/ended, his family, people that knew him personally, and how he was such a genuinely great person. A really moving documentary.
    An unexpected pleasure!
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast