Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Leap Of Faith: William Friedkin On The Exorcist: 9/10

Excellent. Not a lot I did not know about the film but I always like hearing about movies especially from the director's point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Leap Of Faith: William Friedkin On The Exorcist: 9/10

Excellent. Not a lot I did not know about the film but I always like hearing about movies especially from the director's point of view.
    I have still never seen the Exorcist. It is on my list of movies to watch.

The Dawn Wall

Guess I was under a rock at the time this took place. It was a pretty big story at the time but I didn't remember it. Anyway 2 men climbed whats labeled as an impossible wall to climb; 3000 feet straight up in Yosemite. Took 19 days because 1 of them was superior/more experienced than the other and the 1 dude really struggled on one of the sections and had to play catch-up.

I gotta say that the feat is astonishing. The doc has some lulls as they obviously took a lot of rest along the way. But it is intense, at times exhilarating, and the backstory is fascinating. The main guy started climbing at 5 or 6 years old because his dad was a climber also. He goes pro. Along the way he met a girl who became his climbing partner. They got taken hostage at gunpoint when they were climbing a mountain in Asia. That story itself needs to be heard so I won't ruin more of it. It's crazy. They eventually married and stayed together for about a decade before they split. Oh yeah somewhere in there he loses half of an index finger which makes all of his unbelievable feats even more unimaginable.

The guy he climbs the wall with was a guy he had never met who messaged him if he wanted a partner after he had posted that he was gonna attempt the climb. It was pretty cool seeing them develop camaraderie and to see them form such a bond. Dude waited like 6 days in a tent on the side of a mountain up 2000 feet for that other guy to finally conquer that one section. The abuse their bodies incur is pretty serious and to watch them persevere was inspiring

I definitely recommend this as most fans of docs should really get engaged in it and find it well worth the while.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by James Somers View Post
    Can the Chernobyl series be considered documentary? Everything there is based on real events. There are, of course, some differences from what happened in real life, but in general, the story told in the series corresponds to real historical events.
    No that's not a documentary. It is amazingly great though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Finders Keepers 9/10

What a crazy story. Guy bids on an abandoned storage unit and finds a human foot in a grill. The guy whos foot it is finds out and wants it back and they go on judge Mathis to see who is the rightful owner. They are just a couple of rednecks.

Robins Wish- 10/10

great documentary about Robin Williams that talks to his friends, neighbors and his wife.

The Bee Gees- 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Robins Wish- 10/10

great documentary about Robin Williams that talks to his friends, neighbors and his wife.

The Bee Gees- 9/10
    Where is Robin's Wish at? Netflix? Prime?

I'd like to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Where is Robin's Wish at? Netflix? Prime?

I'd like to check it out.
    I have a firestick, but they do have it on Amazon prime for rent for $3.99, and $5.99 to buy. It is definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I have a firestick, but they do have it on Amazon prime for rent for $3.99, and $5.99 to buy. It is definitely worth it.
    I may rent it. Sounds like a good doc.

It is. It is pretty interesting seeing what he was going thru in his final days and how he pretty much felt his acting career was over because he had trouble remember his lines.

Very good doc!

anyone watch Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel?

I would say probably 6.5/10 - 7/10 It got to points where it just seemed to drone and I kind of zoned out but, it was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    anyone watch Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel?

I would say probably 6.5/10 - 7/10 It got to points where it just seemed to drone and I kind of zoned out but, it was decent.
    Just watched.

Pretty meh. Hated the voicing of all the text and social media posts. Thought it was such a weird documentary. 4 hours of basically web sleuths only for all of them, in the last 30 minutes be like ‘well the lid was actually open... now it’s just a tragedy’... very click bait type documentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Just watched.

Pretty meh. Hated the voicing of all the text and social media posts. Thought it was such a weird documentary. 4 hours of basically web sleuths only for all of them, in the last 30 minutes be like ‘well the lid was actually open... now it’s just a tragedy’... very click bait type documentary.

I think the whole reason they went like that is to show how easy it is to jump to conclusions before waiting for all the details.

I do agree the voice over for the text stuff was not needed but, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think the whole reason they went like that is to show how easy it is to jump to conclusions before waiting for all the details.

I do agree the voice over for the text stuff was not needed but, it is what it is.
    Still seemed very click baity for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast