Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rumor: Pistons working on a 2-year deal with D-Rose

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Pistons are motivated to find a pathway towards a two-year contract with Derrick Rose.
    Woj's funky language is likely due to the fact that no contracts can be formally agree to until 6 PM Eastern on June 30. It was previously reported that the Pistons had emerged as the favorite to sign Rose, which is now confirmed. He'll likely slot into the backup point guard role, but could challenge Reggie Jackson for minutes if he plays well.
    Via rotoworld

37% from 3 last year. Yes please. Any and all shooting help is accepted.

i will take it. a lot better than Ish Smith

gotta get a jersey

cool i guess, he's the same player as Reggie

we're over the cap but whatever

he's only 30 though!

Good signing. I think we see some load management with Reggie & Derrick.

Ish could manage the 2nd unit, but this gives us someone that the other team's second unit does have to take into consideration in terms of stopping him. Not like his MVP type years, but he can lead the 2nd unit as a scorer.

I think the bigger thing this summer is the trade that happened 18 months ago with Tobias/Bradley for Blake. SVG was criticized at the time, but given what Tobias just signed for 5/180 and Bradley got 2/25 from the Clips. That's 48M between the two. Neither one of those guys is a 1 Alpha for a contending team. Granted, we're not a contending team, but Blake's 5/173 at ~35 per year does give us more room to operate and you can build a contending team around Blake. You can't with the other two, and paying them 13M more per year combined.

Yes, there' the injury concern and except for the tweak of his knee at the end of this season, he's is healthy. And going by this year's playoffs, an injury can occur at any point. I'm just stunned that Harris is making more than Blake, two years after Blake signed his max extension.

Question: saw top guys that could be traded on NBA channel and it showed Dre'. Who and what could you possibly get for Dre' that would fit better than him with the team?

Quote Originally Posted by markbutter View Post
    Good signing. I think we see some load management with Reggie & Derrick.

Ish could manage the 2nd unit, but this gives us someone that the other team's second unit does have to take into consideration in terms of stopping him. Not like his MVP type years, but he can lead the 2nd unit as a scorer.

I think the bigger thing this summer is the trade that happened 18 months ago with Tobias/Bradley for Blake. SVG was criticized at the time, but given what Tobias just signed for 5/180 and Bradley got 2/25 from the Clips. That's 48M between the two. Neither one of those guys is a 1 Alpha for a contending team. Granted, we're not a contending team, but Blake's 5/173 at ~35 per year does give us more room to operate and you can build a contending team around Blake. You can't with the other two, and paying them 13M more per year combined.

Yes, there' the injury concern and except for the tweak of his knee at the end of this season, he's is healthy. And going by this year's playoffs, an injury can occur at any point. I'm just stunned that Harris is making more than Blake, two years after Blake signed his max extension.

Question: saw top guys that could be traded on NBA channel and it showed Dre'. Who and what could you possibly get for Dre' that would fit better than him with the team?
    Maybe Dre to the Celtics for contracts and picks?

trade for bradley beal

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    trade for bradley beal
    seems fair

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    seems fair
    They have Howard and Mahinmi. They don't need another center on the roster this year.

OTOH, Reggie/Dre' for Beal/Mahinmi, they might be interested in. Salaries almost match and both teams have trade exceptions to make it work. They'd want picks though.

They could absorb Reggie's contract out right with the trade exceptions.

Rose could start and play 30 mins per night. Luke could back him up along with Brown.

Reggie is in the last year of his deal, so you're looking for a PG next summer anyways.

Beal/Blake, isn't a bad start. Need to find a third guy though. If they took Reggie's contract, Marcus Morris is available and find a center.

But again, they aren't doing with 20M already locked up in the 5 this season and next season all they have to show for it is Dre' and a pick.