Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What's the plan if Kawhi doesn't re-sign?

I will lock this thread as soon as we hear he's back but as Bobby Wester mentioned in his presser, they do have a plan B.

What do you think it is? What are their options? Do they rebuild? My hope is they still plan on winning.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Rebuild. We have no cap or picks to make moves.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Rebuild. We have no cap or picks to make moves.
    It seems like the most likely move. So no chance on running it without him?

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I think if he leaves, you run it back with the rest of them out of respect for the champs and make moves towards the tdl.

After that you can either build around Siakam or move on completely and do a scorched earth rebuild. I would still love to see this front office completely dismantle a roster. They only moved a couple of guys to begin the rebuild last time and really took advantage of a couple of teams in a hurry.

Keep Dancing, We won a ****ing Title
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

But yeah, Build around Siakam... Maybe go at it one more time, but if it's clear that we aren't going to be contending in the playoffs around the deadline, look to deal out
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Keep the veteran foundation of Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol heading into the year. I'd like to see us sustain a winning environment next season while assessing the future of Powell, VanVleet, Anunoby and Siakam. If you believe Siakam is a star you can build around, you start looking at ways to acquire a star via trade to play alongside him and build around the two. If you can't acquire someone via trade, work to build an attractive young roster with cap space to add a max contract in the summer of 2021 when a huge class of free agents becomes available. Some of those free agents will be traded next summer with teams concerned they will lose the asset for nothing. Others will be available two summers away.

The other option is scorched earth rebuild, which I'm not a fan of with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Keep the veteran foundation of Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol heading into the year. I'd like to see us sustain a winning environment next season while assessing the future of Powell, VanVleet, Anunoby and Siakam. If you believe Siakam is a star you can build around, you start looking at ways to acquire a star via trade to play alongside him and build around the two. If you can't acquire someone via trade, work to build an attractive young roster with cap space to add a max contract in the summer of 2021 when a huge class of free agents becomes available. Some of those free agents will be traded next summer with teams concerned they will lose the asset for nothing. Others will be available two summers away.

The other option is scorched earth rebuild, which I'm not a fan of with this group.
    This is basically how I feel they will go forward. I just can't do with the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    This is basically how I feel they will go forward. I just can't do with the rebuild.

I would be perfectly fine with a rebuild while masai is at the helm. I'm actually sorta looking forward to seeing what he can do when it's all said and done.
    Seems to me that he 100% understands the value of being a 2 way player and drafts accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I would be perfectly fine with a rebuild while masai is at the helm. I'm actually sorta looking forward to seeing what he can do when it's all said and done.
    Seems to me that he 100% understands the value of being a 2 way player and drafts accordingly.
    Man, I don't think I could do a rebuild now. I'm hooked on winning... having that top player is just so important, and so unlikely to happen any time soon again, and this season just reinforced it even further... the rebuild has such a low chance of success that it feels a lot like "what's the point".

My hat's off to all of you that are ok with going back to being irrelevant for years, but it would take me a few years before I'd be able to watch Raptors again if we blow it up this year and don't have a any chance of a repeat.

Why is the off-season thread closed?

If Kawhi leaves you try to compete this season with Kyle, Ibaka and Gasol as expiring contracts. We have to hope OG makes strides like Pascal did this past season. If it looks rough the expirings can be moved, but I still think we have a playoff team without Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    Why is the off-season thread closed?
    What do you mean closed?? I just typed out the longest post of my life on my damn phone in there!!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    What do you mean closed?? I just typed out the longest post of my life on my damn phone in there!!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I guess there was nothing more to say after you wrote that, and it was auto-closed .

Seriously, though, someone closed it. Let's get it reopened.

Durant to Brooklyn. I guess he's not going to team up with Kawhi, but with Irving. Interesting.

Good for us so far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast