Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 87.50%
  • No

1 12.50%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    That should be fun. The atmosphere at Japanese games, from what I've seen, seem awesome.
    That’s why I’m going and maybe the chance to get fresh sushi while I watch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by jawjr13 View Post
    I had a lot of fun the game I went to at the Tokyo Dome (I think I saw the Giants play the Dragons). I found it to be a lot different then seeing games in the US it was a lot more high energy, the whole outfield bleachers had chants going for every pitch (I don't know how they kept it up for the whole game).
    That sounds great. We are sitting in the first level outfield. I just got our tickets mailed to us.

This is actually a common question on the BAR exam lol
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Yes. Absolutely. It can kill people, even if they're watching it. There really isnt a rational "other side " to this, as it doesnt take away from the experience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. It can kill people, even if they're watching it. There really isnt a rational "other side " to this, as it doesnt take away from the experience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    But foul balls though!

Let's ban little leagues while we're at it. That way kids won't get hurt.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Let's just skip the game and spend 3 hours hitting and throwing baseballs into the stands. That way everyone can get a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Let's ban little leagues while we're at it. That way kids won't get hurt.
    Nah, gotta let 'em play....in uniforms like this
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by jawjr13 View Post
    Let's just skip the game and spend 3 hours hitting and throwing baseballs into the stands. That way everyone can get a ball.
    Now we're talking!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I think there needs to be a uniformity in netting. While realizing that some stadiums are different.

I went to the Rangers stadium this year for seven games on vacation. The netting only extended to the end of the dugout and was not as high as what I was used to at Camden Yards. The Nationals ran their netting 2/3's of the way down the line already. The Orioles, where I have a 29 game package, sits about in the middle. The netting runs 1/3 of the way down the line (from third base location to the LF foul pole.) It also sits higher than Texas.

My big problem with the Orioles netting is where it comes together, you've got a large trapezoidal object that really is hard to look through. And it happens about three times down the line. That's if you sit further down. If you sit up, you have the cables running in all directions that gets distracting.

So I think there needs to be a uniform net length in play, and uniform materials. If there need to be some changes or modifications on a case by case basis, allow them, but each team doing their own thing needs to stop. I also think that people do carry some of their own responsibility for watching for baseballs entering the stands. Going 2/3's of the way down the line with net will save the fast response ones. I've seen far too many fans get beaned, or come way too close to it, in the 40-ish games a year I attend between OPACY and Nationals Park, and it's because they are on their phone and not paying attention. I invite people from work and friends to go with me all of the time, and for some it's their first baseball game, and before we go, I make it a point to tell them that, because of where my seats are, they can only use their phone when I tell them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567