Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I believe paying above $20 million for a 27 year old WR who couldn't come back from god knows what type of injury is crazy to me. Don't get me wrong, he's a good WR and If this team was competitive I would make the argument for keeping him but we don't need him right now, plain and simple.

I believe if he leaves in free agency, we'd get a compensatory 3rd round pick. It's not a lot, but it would be 'something'. Which brings up the idea of tagging him and trying to trade him. Do you believe that we would get more than a 3rd round pick? It's interesting because if you look at Brandin Cooks, and what he's been traded for in the past, you'd think we'd for sure be able to get more than that. However, the guys on The Ticket today did not think they'd be able to get more than a 3rd.

Thoughts?
    If we sign him to a deal, he won't get above 20 million though. Unless you're just talking about if we franchise him. Looking at spotrac sorting by average salary, I can't see a world where Golloday makes anywhere near top 10 WR money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

He's more in the 11 - 20 range (in terms of ranking) which would get him a contract somewhere between 13 - 16 million a year. I don't think that is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Depends on Golladay's actual cost too right? He was hurt almost the entire year...2 of the 4 years he's been in the league he's been VERY good. 1 year he was injured and his first year was...well his first year.

I don't think his agent has a ton of leverage to make him a top 5 or top 10 paid WR.
    Injuries, deep draft again, and separation issues (seriously he is one of the worst at separating from the DB) I think will lend itself to KG getting paid less than what we expect. I don't think it'll be a dramatic difference but I think some may be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Injuries, deep draft again, and separation issues (seriously he is one of the worst at separating from the DB) I think will lend itself to KG getting paid less than what we expect. I don't think it'll be a dramatic difference but I think some may be surprised.
    exactly. And if that is indeed the case, then I'm good to resign him.

Free agent DT David Irving visited the Lions Wednesday.
    Irving, 27, returned to the league this season after spending 2019 "retired" following multiple suspensions. He appeared in two games for the Raiders, spanning 40 snaps. Let go mid-season, Irving has now visited the Colts and Lions this week.
    via rotoworld

Low risk, high upside type of signing potentially.

https://953wdae.iheart.com/featured/...-illegitimate/

Dwight Smith goes off that the NFL is rigged, which is not why Im sharing (not completely haha), at the end he brings up Calvin, Barry & Stafford trade situations.

So Golladay reportedly turned down a 16 million dollar deal to stay with Detroit.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    So Golladay reportedly turned down a 16 million dollar deal to stay with Detroit.
    Which is why I have concern. I feel like a few people here are saying he's not a top 10 WR so he won't be as expensive but I don't think that is going to be the case. He's going to get a large contract, in my opinion.

Just not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Which is why I have concern. I feel like a few people here are saying he's not a top 10 WR so he won't be as expensive but I don't think that is going to be the case. He's going to get a large contract, in my opinion.

Just not worth it.
    We canít let him walk for free like Suh, franchise and trade.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    We canít let him walk for free like Suh, franchise and trade.
    Totally agree. I just worry about signing him and then not finding a trade partner.

Galloday on a Washington Football Team makes a lot of sense.

The Lions are cutting linebacker Christian Jones and offensive lineman Russell Bodine, while re-signing cornerback Mike Ford
    via twitter

One bad linebacker gone, 2 to go.

Who the heck is Russell Bodine?!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Who the heck is Russell Bodine?!
    back up center
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Agnew leaving to go to the Jags.

Just gotta say I love the fact that duh bears tried so hard to get Wilson and they ended up with Dalton.....at $10 million a year.

hahahah, what a trash organization.

Saw this:

Some thoughts: The Bears trading a 4th-round pick and giving $20 million guaranteed to Nick Foles when Andy Dalton was available in FA only to sign Andy Dalton a year later ó with Foles still on the roster ó is objectively hilarious.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast