Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    serious question, do you think Goodell does a lot of research/talks to a number of people before the draft to make sure he knows how to properly pronounce many of the incoming draftees names?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    serious question, do you think Goodell does a lot of research/talks to a number of people before the draft to make sure he knows how to properly pronounce many of the incoming draftees names?
    I'd assume he does his homework. With the top rated guys going to the combine, pro days, working out, etc. I'm sure they write how to phonetically pronounce their names at some point throughout the whole process. The guys in the later half of the draft though I'm sure he's reading some of their names for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I'd assume he does his homework. With the top rated guys going to the combine, pro days, working out, etc. I'm sure they write how to phonetically pronounce their names at some point throughout the whole process. The guys in the later half of the draft though I'm sure he's reading some of their names for the first time.
    I assumed he would definitely do some research on at least people expected to go in the first 3 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

It's a multi-billion dollar product. They're gonna learn the names of the players lol.

Saw this in another thread and thought it was a fun question to think about. Not sure of my answer yet but,

If you could take one Lions player from the past and place them on this year's current roster, who would it be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Saw this in another thread and thought it was a fun question to think about. Not sure of my answer yet but,

If you could take one Lions player from the past and place them on this year's current roster, who would it be and why?
    That's a tough one. I would have to say Robert Porcher. I think him and Trey Flowers would wreck havoc on the edges. I thought about Barry but our D has been horrible for years so I went defense.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I don't really have a lot of faith in the defensive scheme or the players we have, so I believe we will have to out gun the opposition to win games. Saying that give me Megatron. Megatron, KG, and MJJ would be a studly WR trio with Hock, KJ, and Swift to assist as well. Bonus points as they will actually be fun to watch.

For me I would love to put Sanders in the backfield but that seems like the easy answer. I think you'd have to address the defensive side of things with this current team and like you said, Vader, Porcher would be great to see.

My answer though is going to be Dick "Night Train" Lane. Only played 5 years for the Lions but the guy is a HOF defensive back. Would have loved to be able to see him play.

Slay haha

Suh in his prime actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I don't really have a lot of faith in the defensive scheme or the players we have, so I believe we will have to out gun the opposition to win games. Saying that give me Megatron. Megatron, KG, and MJJ would be a studly WR trio with Hock, KJ, and Swift to assist as well. Bonus points as they will actually be fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Slay haha

Suh in his prime actually.
    I thought about Suh, as well as Megatron, but ultimately decided to go with another person. We had both of them in their prime on a similarly mediocre team and still didn't do anything. I don't think adding either of them to this current roster would provide a different result than we already have seen.

I will take Al "Bubba" Baker in his prime or maybe Alex Karras...those guys were pretty unstoppable during their day.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Barry.

He needs his own multipart show like Michael got, let the kids know how amazing he really was

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Barry.

He needs his own multipart show like Michael got, let the kids know how amazing he really was
    Will never happen. Like Calvin, he was too quiet.

Did he even have 1/10th of MJ's endorsements? 1/100th?

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Will never happen. Like Calvin, he was too quiet.

Did he even have 1/10th of MJ's endorsements? 1/100th?
    wouldn't that further the need to educate the young public of how amazing Barry was?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    wouldn't that further the need to educate the young public of how amazing Barry was?
    MJ's "documentary" was a 10 hour commercial.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast