Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Lions: not fake twitter, not fake Instagram, not fake news thread. Chapter 11

Have at it boys.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

fake news

Lions sign 9th string JUCO QB who learned position from watching Youtube to backup Stafford

https://wkfr.com/you-are-kidding-lio...on-on-youtube/

hopefully in the final preseason game they let him sling it

Per the athletic, Stafford is averaging 8 YPA and 7.82 Net Adjusted YPA, both of which would be career highs if he continues this way.

That's awesome. According to team rankings, that puts him 10th in the league. I like that we're trying to push the ball downfield. It feels great to watch.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...assing-attempt

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Per the athletic, Stafford is averaging 8 YPA and 7.82 Net Adjusted YPA, both of which would be career highs if he continues this way.

That's awesome. According to team rankings, that puts him 10th in the league. I like that we're trying to push the ball downfield. It feels great to watch.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...assing-attempt
    He does look more comfortable in this offense, it's nice to have an OC that knows what he's doing

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    He does look more comfortable in this offense, it's nice to have an OC that knows what he's doing
    Yeah. I haven't personally seen a draw up the middle yet. So that's pleasent.

Lions, Buccaneers, and Titans are three teams that have talked to Miami regarding Kenyan Drake.
    via Neal Dirscoll (writer for ProFootballTalk)

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    via Neal Dirscoll (writer for ProFootballTalk)
    Meh, I suppose I'd take him...but it's not a huge need for us imo.

Same thing with WR. I'd take one, but it's not the biggest flaw on the team.

Meh, I suppose I'd take him...but it's not a huge need for us imo.

Same thing with WR. I'd take one, but it's not the biggest flaw on the team.
    It might be now with Kerryon expected to miss a few weeks according to Schefter. Regardless I don't think we can count on him being the #1 back. 1B to a 1A sure but he is not durable enough to be the focal point which is something we knew about going back to Auburn. Which is why they have been doing the time share thing with him but apparently it is not enough or our luck is just dog ****. Both are probably right to be fair haha.

It might be now with Kerryon expected to miss a few weeks according to Schefter. Regardless I don't think we can count on him being the #1 back. 1B to a 1A sure but he is not durable enough to be the focal point which is something we knew about going back to Auburn. Which is why they have been doing the time share thing with him but apparently it is not enough or our luck is just dog ****. Both are probably right to be fair haha.
    Is he? It's not as if Kerryon was producing...we can have a **** run game with our other running backs. lol.

I'm exaggerating a bit. I realize that one of the reasons the pass has been so good is because at least teams are fearing our play action.

All the running backs in the league get hurt now though...I wouldn't read too much into it. There are what.....4 "work horse" backs in the NFL nowadays? and it's not as if those backs are the difference makers.

Is he? It's not as if Kerryon was producing...we can have a **** run game with our other running backs. lol.

I'm exaggerating a bit. I realize that one of the reasons the pass has been so good is because at least teams are fearing our play action.

All the running backs in the league get hurt now though...I wouldn't read too much into it. There are what.....4 "work horse" backs in the NFL nowadays? and it's not as if those backs are the difference makers.
    If Kerryon didn't already have a history of injuries I would not be worried about it. But:
    Johnsonís injury history goes all the way back to high school, where he suffered both left and right shoulder injuries, a sprained MCL and a broken thumb. Those ailments kept building at Auburn. While in college, Johnson suffered injuries to his ribs, hamstring, ankle and, yet again, to his shoulder.
    via lionswire

Plus the two knee injuries (left last year and right this year) since joining the pros. I get the position is tough and I won't question his toughness, especially after playing through this injuries in college. I just don't think he is someone we should be putting all our eggs into (or better defined: our feature 1A guy) especially with him getting an increase in carries over the past few weeks 26 vs KC, 20 in Philly, and pretty much all the carries in GB 13 vs. a total of 20 (3 of which were Stafford scrambles). In fact prior to the injury I believe he was on pace for 278~ carries, or more than anyone had last year minus Zeke Elliot. Ty and JD are nice gimmicks but aren't likely going to carry the load so we need the help. Now, is that the most pressing thing? I can't say because you can make a major argument for the awful pass rush but I do think we need another back to spell him or take the reigns as the "1A" guy.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 10-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.

If Kerryon didn't already have a history of injuries I would not be worried about it. But:

via lionswire

Plus the two knee injuries (left last year and right this year) since joining the pros. I get the position is tough and I won't question his toughness, especially after playing through this injuries in college. I just don't think he is someone we should be putting all our eggs into (or better defined: our feature 1A guy) especially with him getting an increase in carries over the past few weeks 26 vs KC, 20 in Philly, and pretty much all the carries in GB 13 vs. a total of 20 (3 of which were Stafford scrambles). In fact prior to the injury I believe he was on pace for 278~ carries, or more than anyone had last year minus Zeke Elliot. Ty and JD are nice gimmicks but aren't likely going to carry the load so we need the help. Now, is that the most pressing thing? I can't say because you can make a major argument for the awful pass rush but I do think we need another back to spell him or take the reigns as the "1A" guy.
    Can't argue much with this. I suppose to trade for a RB would mean the FO thinks we can make the playoffs this year. After the first 3 games, I thought we could make the playoffs too. However, losing 3 in a row really hurts. I don't know if I want to sell a draft pick for short term help with the run game.

Plus, I'm not sure if RB is the reason for our run game problems. i think it has more to do with terrible run blocking.

Can't argue much with this. I suppose to trade for a RB would mean the FO thinks we can make the playoffs this year. After the first 3 games, I thought we could make the playoffs too. However, losing 3 in a row really hurts. I don't know if I want to sell a draft pick for short term help with the run game.

Plus, I'm not sure if RB is the reason for our run game problems. i think it has more to do with terrible run blocking.
    With the blocking I am curious what kind of impact the guard rotation is having on the run game. For some reason they seem to love to rotate Wiggins in for Dahl and Glasgow which to me seems really stupid to remove your best guards on the field. I suppose I get it from a health stand point to try and ensure guys stay healthy but if you are going to do that, you need a better backup. Or better yet don't do it.

The more touches for Mckissic the better

and for a little dude, he's surprisingly good at pass protection

With the blocking I am curious what kind of impact the guard rotation is having on the run game. For some reason they seem to love to rotate Wiggins in for Dahl and Glasgow which to me seems really stupid to remove your best guards on the field. I suppose I get it from a health stand point to try and ensure guys stay healthy but if you are going to do that, you need a better backup. Or better yet don't do it.
    That's what I've read. I don't know why we rotate so often, but it MUST be a health related thing.

I suppose if the alternative is to have our good players hurt then I'd rather have the rotation. The thing is, it won't matter if we keep losing. Won't matter if anyone is healthy.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast