Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    i dont know. their gm was quoted as saying they are going to try to win in 2020 but also look to the future. citing guys like degrom, smith, mcneil and alonso as their core.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what Brodie is going to do. He may pull a Preller, who went after it, and then quickly rebuilt when it didn't work. Or he may just pull a DiPoto and just constantly go for it and never sell.

i'd be more willing to move carlson over gorman. neither may amount to poo but gorman has significantly more potential.
    I get what you mean.

Gorman is younger and has so much potential to be an elite bat. But Carlson is clearly having the better year right now, tearing it up AA as a 20 year old. He may be a top 35 prospect right now honestly. He's one of the few bright spots in our farm system, and he did well in ST in his limited time. Guy doesn't have Gorman's upside, but has a higher floor.
    you can move fowler now. yes he has to waive his ntc, yes you have to eat some money but he can be moved.
    The ideal move is to flip him in a deal for Grienke where Fowler goes to a third team. For me that is.

o'neill....the canadian mounty isnt even hitting in the minors this year
    I know

martinez is a replacement level player, he isnt a starter.
    Depends. If he is hitting 130 wRC+ like he had been, or 103 like he is right now.

you move fowler eventually, you move wong.
    I think we are moving away from both within 2 years.

give edman the shot this year to break camp next year as the starter at 2nd
    I would be shocked if he's better than Wong from this date through the rest of both of their careers. Edman is probably a replacement level player long term. I'm projecting 10 WAR over the next 8 years for his entire career. Split around as utility infielder for a variety of teams.

I think Oscar's death put a curse on this team/FO. Oscar may have not amounted to all the hype or even a good player but lets look at what we had and had coming during his brief time here:

Taveras
    Wong
    Rosenthal
    Wacha
    Miller
    Martinez

the hype/build, plus their play in the minors suggested this was our new core, our new window.

oscar dies
    wong never learns how to hit at this level
    miller was traded right or wrong, had a great year. fell off a cliff
    wacha fell off a cliff too, just not as fast as miller
    martinez has arm issues and actually prefers the bullpen
    rosenthal was up and down, blew out his arm when he seemed to figure it out then fell off a cliff

all of that potential and talent that hes led to nothing in all reality. im not blaming the players or the team, **** happens. but the team and the farm hasnt recovered since all those guys graduated.

Taveras dying is the turning point of the franchise from greatness to mediocrity. Sad on so many levels

I'd add Alex Reyes on the list as well.

Bumgarner has an interesting 8 team no trade list:

Yanks, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, Phillies, Astros, Brewers, and Braves.

MLBTR had a piece on his list. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...rade-list.html

Appears to be more of a bargaining tactic on his part to get a compensatory package for being dealt for a team on his no trade list who all are playoff contenders.

Jeffy said that he thought he goes to Atlanta. My dark horse would be the Twins to get that Odorizzi, Berrios, MadBum short series playoff rotation.

Cards are rumored to be after Will Smith. I doubt we could pull off both Smith and MadBum.

There are no waiver deals after July 31st starting this year so the Cardinals have to make their moves by then which adds a layer of uncertainty to this team. Teams are going to have to decide by then if they are buyers/sellers.
    Last edited by cards7; 07-14-2019 at 12:22 AM.

if we miss the playoffs again, its time for a change. thanks to moz for all his good work, but this current product isnt working.

we just need a new direction. sadly i dont think dewitt will pull the trigger unless someone under moz undermines him and even then dewitt has to be smart enough to not give the job to the snake that would do that to his boss.

im not out right calling for the man to be fired but if we go with a rebuild then we need to rebuild everything. look at our position players. come up, have a great start, by the time two years worth of AB's hit they start rapidly declining here.

change would need to happen from the boss all the way through the minors.

I'd agree, it would be too many years of middle of the road. Even if I've agreed with a lot of the moves, they just haven't been working out correctly.

Ozuna does not know when he will be returning and Gyorko is out potentially until September. Potential 60 Day IL candidates (if they are not already) if the team decides to be active at the deadline.

Other than Wacha do the Cardinals have any DFA candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Other than Wacha do the Cardinals have any DFA candidates?
    Wieters, Gant, and Shreve would be the only other DFA possibilities. And I don't think any are likely.

I imagine Wacha will be moved for basically nothing by 7/31

Mayers could become DFA'd, but he's been hurt all year and would probably clear waivers

Why would Gant or Wieters be DFA candidates in your mind? I assume you are thinking they are trade candidates, right?

But yeah I agree Wacha is gonna get traded for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Why would Gant or Wieters be DFA candidates in your mind? I assume you are thinking they are trade candidates, right?

But yeah I agree Wacha is gonna get traded for sure
    I was just naming guys with no options left. Wainwright, Mikolas, etc they wouldn't DFA under any scenario.

I wasn't saying they would DFA, just naming out of options players.

If they want to compete we have to get an ace..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    If they want to compete we have to get an ace..

with what? not being a dick but wish for an ace in one hand and poo in the other. let us know which one fills up first.

Edit: dont name any of our minor leaguers. our system is already depleted and im not mortgaging what little we have left for a guy that plays one out of 5 games and isnt going to make an actual difference on this team. if he could pitch and bat 6 times in our lineup the days he is and is not pitching then sign me up. thats not happening though.
    Last edited by Farty Farts; 07-15-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    with what? not being a dick but wish for an ace in one hand and poo in the other. let us know which one fills up first.

Edit: dont name any of our minor leaguers. our system is already depleted and im not mortgaging what little we have left for a guy that plays one out of 5 games and isnt going to make an actual difference on this team. if he could pitch and bat 6 times in our lineup the days he is and is not pitching then sign me up. thats not happening though.
    How often do you hold poo in your hand??

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456