Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Not real happy about draft night

Last time Nets tried this they they wound up with Petro, Outlaw, Farmar and Anthony Morrow.

Hope we do better this time.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Look at it this way. They traded a first this year for Taurean Prince and a first next year to not have to pay Allen Crabbe. Then they traded another first this year for a first next year so they still have a pick. The Sixers should still be good but if they lose two of Butler Harris and Reddick they could also take a step back. Embiid injuries, Simmons not knowing how to shoot, etc. It's likely going to be a pick that is better than 27. Marks has done a good job of clearing space for Kyrie AND KD while not gutting the team. Losing D-Lo will be dissapointing, but for two top ten players it is worth the risk. That's what draft night was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by NJDrew2 View Post
    Look at it this way. They traded a first this year for Taurean Prince and a first next year to not have to pay Allen Crabbe. Then they traded another first this year for a first next year so they still have a pick. The Sixers should still be good but if they lose two of Butler Harris and Reddick they could also take a step back. Embiid injuries, Simmons not knowing how to shoot, etc. It's likely going to be a pick that is better than 27. Marks has done a good job of clearing space for Kyrie AND KD while not gutting the team. Losing D-Lo will be dissapointing, but for two top ten players it is worth the risk. That's what draft night was all about.
    PG was the last position Nets needed to spend capspace on, let alone a a diva PG.

Nets need size.

This is Billy King-ish
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

I'm giving up on the Knicks and joining the Nets fandom. I've had it with their ineptitude. Kyrie and KD! I'm loving this! Come ya'll! Time to show up for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by The_New_Mecca View Post
    I'm giving up on the Knicks and joining the Nets fandom. I've had it with their ineptitude. Kyrie and KD! I'm loving this! Come ya'll! Time to show up for this team.
    welcome to the bandwagon
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    welcome to the bandwagon
    I wish the bandwagon were a little louder, but it'll get there. I was at one of the playoff games with Philly and the crowd was good but the volume needs to INCREASE.

Iím honestly very surprised more folks arenít in here.

Irving and Durant sure grab headlines, but this is a very solid/deep squad.

Looking forward to seeing how Musa fits in, how far Kurucs has developed and the effect Jordan has on Allenís toughness.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

Looking forward to seeing how Musa fits in, how far Kurucs has developed and the effect Jordan has on Allenís toughness.

-Stork

I'm a wait and see type.

I would have been satisfied if we had continued to build without Kyrie amd Durant.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    I'm a wait and see type.

I would have been satisfied if we had continued to build without Kyrie amd Durant.
    Irving is better than Russell and Atkinson gets an awful lot out of his point guards...not a stretch to suggest we might see Irving put up a very impressive year.

Durant is a transcendent jump shooter with crazy length and that might remain post-injury.

I abhor the money these guys get and the power they wield while dictating where they go, but thatís the game these days. Guys like that picking the Nets will get guys down the line thinking about Brooklyn. Itís a great sign.

Fun little teams are great, but winning a ring would be better.

Kudos to you btw, youíve been chatting up this team all along. Youíre s helluva fan.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park

-Stork

I used to post here years ago, many years.
    The lemon days
    Came back to see if any new posters were here.

Musa has to be consistent with his jump shot, thatís going to be the key for his minutes this year, so far in summer league I donít see it.
    Loving Claxton, wish Fro had his energy.

Kurucs will be better this season, I love his game

Irving is better than Russell and Atkinson gets an awful lot out of his point guards...not a stretch to suggest we might see Irving put up a very impressive year.

Durant is a transcendent jump shooter with crazy length and that might remain post-injury.

I abhor the money these guys get and the power they wield while dictating where they go, but thatís the game these days. Guys like that picking the Nets will get guys down the line thinking about Brooklyn. Itís a great sign.

Fun little teams are great, but winning a ring would be better.

Kudos to you btw, youíve been chatting up this team all along. Youíre s helluva fan.

-Stork

I'll wait and see
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

The core of Levert, Allen, Dinwiddie, Harris, Prince, etc seems a perfect compliment of low cost/high value/young to go with KD and Kyrie. When players of that caliber are available and interested, and the foundation is solid, it's a fair risk IMO.