Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA Draft Winners and Losers

Howíd your team do? Winner, loser or incomplete?

Pains me to say it but I donít like what the Celtics did at all.

SG Romeo Langford. A SG whoís not good at shooting. Defends well and can get to the rim. He was injured with a thumb all last year which could play into his poor shooting numbers. Have to hope thatís the case here.

Grant Williams. Highly decorated but an undersized PF who has a strange body type. Not sure I see him transitioning to the NBA all that well. He put up numbers but the NBA is a different league

Carsen Edwards. I like this pick. Scoring PG but heís a project. Wonít see much action year 1.

Trent Waters. Another PG. Hes very small but a true PG. Reminds me of Shane Larkin so expectations arenít high but this is the kind of guy you get at 51. Could be a serviceable backup PG in a few years.

Overall. C-. Coming into the night expectations were high with 3 picks in round 1. Thought weíd atleast get 1 impact player but I donít see it. Romeo Langford is the only guy I see logging any sort of relevant minutes year 1. We had a lot of holes to fill with Irving and Horford leaving and we didnít fill any of them. Very down on this draft.

City of Champions

I think the Knicks are the biggest winners. RJ is gonna be great and there was word they were gonna pass on him.

hard enough to track which player ultimately ends up on which team, after the trading is done, let alone grade out the (Pelicans, Hawks) winners and (Wizards, Kings) losers
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think the Knicks are the biggest winners. RJ is gonna be great and there was word they were gonna pass on him.
    Not the biggest winners but hard to knock their pick. He was a top 3 player in the draft and they got him at 3.

They were trying to get back into the first round but failed to do so. Not going to knock that either but only adding 1 player to a team with many, many holes isnít going to get you the best draft grade of all 30 teams.

Iíll give them an A-/B+

i love the kid Philly drafted. he seems like the perfect 3-D type, hes long as hell seems to have a great work ethic

how can you not love what the Hawks did? There potential starting 5 is crazy young

I dont know much about Jaxon Hayes, his early highlights reminded me of Javelle McGee. I wish they would have taken Cam. Easier transition for Zion and a shooter

My Magic took an injury risk. Potential high reward. Apparently he could have been in the discussion for top 5 before he tore his ACL

Blazers big winners here. Getting Nasir Little that late, the potential SF that has been eluding them, great pick up

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    i love the kid Philly drafted. he seems like the perfect 3-D type, hes long as hell seems to have a great work ethic

how can you not love what the Hawks did? There potential starting 5 is crazy young

I dont know much about Jaxon Hayes, his early highlights reminded me of Javelle McGee. I wish they would have taken Cam. Easier transition for Zion and a shooter

My Magic took an injury risk. Potential high reward. Apparently he could have been in the discussion for top 5 before he tore his ACL

Blazers big winners here. Getting Nasir Little that late, the potential SF that has been eluding them, great pick up
    Yeah I have NO and POR as the biggest draft night winners. Zion obviously speaks for himself. Hayes Iím not so high on but I think at the bare minimum heís an athletic rim protector which is a nice pair with Zion. I thought they did well trading out of #4 and clearing more cap. Theyíve had a nice offseason so far.

POR getting Little was a steal and a half. My freaking Celtics passed on him 3 times. Thatíll bite them

Heat are the biggest losers. Draft a player in the lottery with a role player ceiling and get a guy who was preseason top 5 pick with one of the highest potentials in the draft at 44 and trade him for garbage. Pat is washed!

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Heat are the biggest losers. Draft a player in the lottery with a role player ceiling and get a guy who was preseason top 5 pick with one of the highest potentials in the draft at 44 and trade him for garbage. Pat is washed!
    i was legit excited for you guys when you drafted and stole him man... not even screwing with you... like by default even if he ends up terrible it was worth keeping him for potential alone. I just dont get it

Pacers say they got the next Jokic but with shot blocking, who should have gone in the lottery. I don't know Euros but they graded him as the 2nd best Euro in recent memory below Doncic.

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    I really think Herro was a big FU to Danny Ainge. supposedly, thats who the Cs wanted

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i was legit excited for you guys when you drafted and stole him man... not even screwing with you... like by default even if he ends up terrible it was worth keeping him for potential alone. I just dont get it
    Yea makes literally no sense at all, like it was completely worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I really think Herro was a big FU to Danny Ainge. supposedly, thats who the Cs wanted
    Pat Riley is a **** so it wouldnít surprise me.

I donít mind what BOS did. Not going to pretend to be an expert but from what Iíve read Langford as much more highly thought of going into the year. Supposedly the combination of a thumb injury and a bad supporting case hurt him. Weíve seen Ainge have success going beyond one college year. Avery Bradley and Jaylen Brown were guys that had bad college years but Ainge went back to HS tape and projections to write it off as bad situations. Both ended up being good to great picks Iíd say. BOS is in a situation where we really need upside picks more than guys who just fill rotation spots and live up to their draft status so I donít mind a little bit of a gamble on a guy who was rated much higher.

Now, Grant Williams is like the total opposite end of the spectrum. Heís a floor guy. Seems to have a good chance to be a rotation piece. Now, what I do like about him is that heís got s bit of a unique ability to pass out of the front court. Thatís a big part of Stevensí offense. So I actually donít mind taking a lower upside guy just because it is a later pick and he fits the system well.

The trade with PHO I like. Only took for so many rookies. And clearing Baynes and the rookie cap hold opened up valuable cap space now that were a cap team. Donít mind moving the pick back a year.

The 2nd rounders are what they are. Not gonna waste time analyzing that.

I'll give my Wolves a C+. They clearly wanted Garland but had to settle for Culver, but should have drafted White. Nowell, the 2nd rounder, will be a good player but they could have had Bol Bol at 43. Basically, A for the effort and a D for the execution.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I'll give my Wolves a C+. They clearly wanted Garland but had to settle for Culver, but should have drafted White. Nowell, the 2nd rounder, will be a good player but they could have had Bol Bol at 43. Basically, A for the effort and a D for the execution.
    Wouldnít be the first time the Wolves passed done a better PG for a lesser prospect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast