Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1139
    First preseason game is on October 8th. We are not that far away now.
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You donít think demar worked hard on his game?

Or you donít think veteran presence/guidance effects young players careers?
    He did and it rubbed off on all the younger players while he was here. I agree
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.

I expected a similar response to this.

I base that on impacting the game on both ends of the floor and being a mismatch against almost anyone at the position because of natural talents.

Iím not nearly as high on embiid as others are. I get some Demarcus cousins vibes from him. He puts up numbers but says dumb **** and doesnít back it up when needed the most.
    Put embiid on those kings teams instead of cousins and I donít think they are a much better team than they were with cousins.

Siakam has been healthier than either guy too.
    And much like Thompson has been a 3rd option on a championship team.

Itís just where I have him.
    Agree to disagree about the Embid, Cousins comparison.

Fair point about Siakam, heís def not far off. He can take another leap this year too

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    i hope Pascal plays within his game. He may have an increased role from an offensive standpoint, but we still want him to be that high energy big that runs the floor and plays elite defense. The one improvement I'm looking for is the in-between jumper to keep defenses honest. Adding that to his game will make it easier on him against the elite teams.
    I trust nurse to keep him in his lane while letting him try new things out.

I want more of that spin move!

Heís going to be scouted hard this season

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Heís going to be scouted hard this season
    No doubt. And keyed in on.

But still. His numbers in the playoffs and in games where kawhi was resting give me a lot of optimism.

No doubt. And keyed in on.

But still. His numbers in the playoffs and in games where kawhi was resting give me a lot of optimism.
    Offense will still run through Kyle and Gasol, which will be a recipe for success on that end. They are the two best passers, and have the best vision among the group. As long as they stick with a ball movement offense, Siakam should still find space to operate in my opinion. Siakam will definitely have his moments where he'll be placed in isolation, but not as often as Kawhi did.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Offense will still run through Kyle and Gasol, which will be a recipe for success on that end. They are the two best passers, and have the best vision among the group. As long as they stick with a ball movement offense, Siakam should still find space to operate in my opinion. Siakam will definitely have his moments where he'll be placed in isolation, but not as often as Kawhi did.
    Obviously not as much as kawhi. I thought he did great on those iso situations though.

All this Melo talk.....should the Raps take a flyer on him? One thing he can do is put the ball in the bucket. I would think he would help alleviate some of the pressure off of Siakam to replace the 26.6 ppg that Kawhi gave us last year. Play Melo at the 4 and Siakam at the 3....or bring Melo off the bench as the backup 4 behind Siakam. If it doesn't work, send em packing. No big deal.

Is there anyone else with the potential to come in and give you 15+ ppg?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    All this Melo talk.....should the Raps take a flyer on him? One thing he can do is put the ball in the bucket. I would think he would help alleviate some of the pressure off of Siakam to replace the 26.6 ppg that Kawhi gave us last year. Play Melo at the 4 and Siakam at the 3....or bring Melo off the bench as the backup 4 behind Siakam. If it doesn't work, send em packing. No big deal.

Thoughts?
    I would rather give the shots and roster spot to the young guys to see who can stick. I donít think melo puts us over the top so I donít see the positives of signing him.

Thoughts?
    High volume shooter, black hole, in the twilight of his career. I wouldnít go near it

I would rather give the shots and roster spot to the young guys to see who can stick. I donít think melo puts us over the top so I donít see the positives of signing him.
    Yeah I really would like OG at the 3 and see what we can get out of him. I still think heís going to be a pretty good player. Why not invest in his development like we did with Siakam, FVV etc

Thoughts?
    I would rather give the minutes to Jordan Loyd who I don't even think is on the team anymore.

This team will find success on sharing the ball and consistent, hard nosed defense. Melo would hinder what we do best while taking opportunity from younger players who are hungry to earn a long-term place on the team.

Melo would simultaneously (1) make us worse, (2) hinder development and (3) erode the positive culture we've developed. He gives new meaning to the basketball term "triple threat." Couldn't think of a worse idea.

I think he has been served a pretty big slice of humble pie, but I can't argue with the risks. This isn't the same as the Jays this year though. You can't throw this season away just to play the kids. Not after keeping Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol. I can see not starting him, but he could help them off the bench as a scorer.

I guess its a moot point anyway since they have a full roster....but I still think this team needs one more scorer.

I think he has been served a pretty big slice of humble pie, but I can't argue with the risks. This isn't the same as the Jays this year though. You can't throw this season away just to play the kids. Not after keeping Lowry, Ibaka and Gasol. I can see not starting him, but he could help them off the bench as a scorer.

I guess its a moot point anyway since they have a full roster....but I still think this team needs one more scorer.
    That's the point of difference. I don't believe playing the kids is punting the season. I think the combination of OG Anunoby/Stanley Johnson/Pascal Siakam/RHJ/Norman Powell offers us a better chance to succeed than Melo on this team in any role.

But in case you aren't clear on my opinions about Melo.... I'd rather pull Muggsy Bogues out of retirement to be our starting Center next year than offer Melo a roster spot .

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast