Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 868
  1. #811
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,087
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Well it's not like we were a matchup nightmare for the bucks. They were moving it to get a switch so Lowry could attack mirotic and I don't think Lowry is a 1 on 1 killer.

    It's possible that what we were really seeing was a coaching clinic I suppose.
    All of the above. We were a match up problem for them, and Coach Nurse held his own vs Coach Bud.

    Lowry can take most 6í10 guys off the dribble unless itís Giannis it Durant or someone like that.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,724
    12 years ago, in June of 2007,
    the OKC Thunder drafted Kevin Durant No. 2 overall.

    The next year, 2008, they drafted Russell Westbrook No. 4.

    The next year, 2009, they drafted James Harden No. 3 overall

    The odds of drafting 3 MVP's in 3 years is astronomical.
    Now, none remain.
    * Sam Presti * = zero championship
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,866
    Call me crazy but this Hernandez kid is going to get a two a year deal - considering he hasn't played in a year he's looking like a natural out there.

    He's going to be an NBA player I think. Amazing if you think about it.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,985
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Call me crazy but this Hernandez kid is going to get a two a year deal - considering he hasn't played in a year he's looking like a natural out there.

    He's going to be an NBA player I think. Amazing if you think about it.
    He looks good. Looks raw at times and I wonder about his quickness.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    * Sam Presti * = zero championship
    Durant was drafted by the Supersonicís. OKC were gifted a superstar from the day they entered the league. That franchise doesnít have a clue of what itís like to be a new franchise that has to scratch and claw just to be relevant

    My friends and I had a big problem with the OKC thunder back then. Because back then we were like a 19 year old franchise that hadnít accomplished anything. Yet here comes this brand new team in Oklahoma who was just given a roster with a once in a life time generational talent. It made us furious.

    With that said, I always knew it wouldnít work out in Okc. They were to young of a franchise, didnít truly know what they had in Harden,WB, & Durant. They prioritized Ibakaís contract over Harden, and at the time it made sense because Ibaka was a Dpoy. But then they signed Perkins, which got in the way of paying Harden what he felt he deserved. They only offered Harden like 15 million a year and he bolted. That was the beginning of the end for the thunder.

    Never wanted to see them succeed because I didnít feel they paid the dues a team like the raptors had to pay. Our only super star to date at that point was Vince and we all know how that turned out. OKC gets a team with young Durant about to enter his prime. Must be nice.

    Looking at OKC now and the amount of picks they have over the next X amount of years, I feel like they finally have to go through the rebuild they never did before. All those picks should help... but what do you know 22% of the thunder franchise is miraculously for sale. The minute theyíve had to face adversity in their existence. Ironic isnít it.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-12-2019 at 01:35 PM.

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,087
    Apparently OKC is willing to give first round picks to who ever is willing to absorb Paulís contract.


    Iíd bite. Howís about Gasolís expiring contract & Powell for Paul and two future firsts ?

    All I care about is the picks and seeing how weíre going to likely trade everyone, I wouldnít care if we had Paul for the next few years while we build through the draft. I want them picks!!!

    Although Paulís contract is just disgusting to look at

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,009
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Durant was drafted by the Supersonicís. OKC were gifted a superstar from the day they entered the league. That franchise doesnít have a clue of what itís like to be a new franchise that has to scratch and claw just to be relevant

    My friends and I had a big problem with the OKC thunder back then. Because back then we were like a 19 year old franchise that hadnít accomplished anything. Yet here comes this brand new team in Oklahoma who was just given a roster with a once in a life time generational talent. It made us furious.

    With that said, I always knew it wouldnít work out in Okc. They were to young of a franchise, didnít truly know what they had in Harden,WB, & Durant. They prioritized Ibakaís contract over Harden, and at the time it made sense because Ibaka was a Dpoy. But then they signed Perkins, which got in the way of paying Harden what he felt he deserved. They only offered Harden like 15 million a year and he bolted. That was the beginning of the end for the thunder.

    Never wanted to see them succeed because I didnít feel they paid the dues a team like the raptors had to pay. Our only super star to date at that point was Vince and we all know how that turned out. OKC gets a team with young Durant about to enter his prime. Must be nice.

    Looking at OKC now and the amount of picks they have over the next X amount of years, I feel like they finally have to go through the rebuild they never did before. All those picks should help... but what do you know 22% of the thunder franchise is miraculously for sale. The minute theyíve had to face adversity in their existence. Ironic isnít it.
    It was really the Perkins signing that ruined them. From the get-go I never understood it. I remember being confused when they got him.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,009
    I know I've said this before but I'm super pleased with the NBA turning into a 2 star league. It really changes things. Gonna be a competitive playoffs this year.

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,985
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I know I've said this before but I'm super pleased with the NBA turning into a 2 star league. It really changes things. Gonna be a competitive playoffs this year.
    The Raptors are half way there and I think fans are sleeping on this team. I expect them to be really good.

    I just hope Lowry and Marc have the same hunger. It's understandable if they don't.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,177
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Apparently OKC is willing to give first round picks to who ever is willing to absorb Paulís contract.


    Iíd bite. Howís about Gasolís expiring contract & Powell for Paul and two future firsts ?

    All I care about is the picks and seeing how weíre going to likely trade everyone, I wouldnít care if we had Paul for the next few years while we build through the draft. I want them picks!!!

    Although Paulís contract is just disgusting to look at
    It would all depend on which picks and what the plan is for Paul after. Canít buy out that contract for just two firsts and you know heís not going to the bench. Start Paul and Lowry and see what we have maybe?

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,087
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It would all depend on which picks and what the plan is for Paul after. Canít buy out that contract for just two firsts and you know heís not going to the bench. Start Paul and Lowry and see what we have maybe?
    Paulís got like 3 years left on his deal that weíd be stuck with. So Iíd move Lowry and Ibaka and try to get young assets and picks like you suggested and just play Paul while we rebuild. He wonít be happy but who cares weíll just try to flip him again for whatever we can get at some point.

    Itís not ideal or realistic Iím just wondering how we could benefit.

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Durant was drafted by the Supersonicís. OKC were gifted a superstar from the day they entered the league. That franchise doesnít have a clue of what itís like to be a new franchise that has to scratch and claw just to be relevant

    My friends and I had a big problem with the OKC thunder back then. Because back then we were like a 19 year old franchise that hadnít accomplished anything. Yet here comes this brand new team in Oklahoma who was just given a roster with a once in a life time generational talent. It made us furious.

    With that said, I always knew it wouldnít work out in Okc. They were to young of a franchise, didnít truly know what they had in Harden,WB, & Durant. They prioritized Ibakaís contract over Harden, and at the time it made sense because Ibaka was a Dpoy. But then they signed Perkins, which got in the way of paying Harden what he felt he deserved. They only offered Harden like 15 million a year and he bolted. That was the beginning of the end for the thunder.

    Never wanted to see them succeed because I didnít feel they paid the dues a team like the raptors had to pay. Our only super star to date at that point was Vince and we all know how that turned out. OKC gets a team with young Durant about to enter his prime. Must be nice.

    Looking at OKC now and the amount of picks they have over the next X amount of years, I feel like they finally have to go through the rebuild they never did before. All those picks should help... but what do you know 22% of the thunder franchise is miraculously for sale. The minute theyíve had to face adversity in their existence. Ironic isnít it.
    lol they've been trying to sell it ever since he died. They just couldn't then because his affairs weren't settled. Too many creditors tried to get a piece of his stake. Has very little to do with PG and RW.

  13. #823
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,081
    Clay is just a cheap pos. He didn't want to go into the tax for Harden. They could have paid everyone and kept everybody happy.

  14. #824
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,866
    I've always liked Chris Paul's game - at his peak he's one of the best PG's of all time - but I don't care too much for the person.

    He has an albatross contract and shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

    OKC should run CP and Adams together to raise the value of each and then shop them in the winter.

  15. #825
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    24,087
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I've always liked Chris Paul's game - at his peak he's one of the best PG's of all time - but I don't care too much for the person.

    He has an albatross contract and shouldn't be anywhere near this team.

    OKC should run CP and Adams together to raise the value of each and then shop them in the winter.
    Iím only suggesting this if we trade the rest away for picks and prospects and go in tank mode. Really only interested in the picks

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •