Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Yeah but I think he has a better all around feel for the game and seems like he can shoot the ball as well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Yeah I seem him more as a Josh Hart type. You can plug him right into the lineup, but limited ceiling. Powell had a higher ceiling imo, but was more raw and needed to work on things before he was ready to contribute.

Raps still tinkering with things it looks like. Cameron Payne with a two year deal. Devin Robinson with a non-guaranteed deal.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-toronto-ra...deal-1.1338612

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Raps still tinkering with things it looks like. Cameron Payne with a two year deal. Devin Robinson with a non-guaranteed deal.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-toronto-ra...deal-1.1338612
    I'm surprised by all these depth signings. Thought we had a full roster.
    Hope nobody of note gets cut.

Camp will be extremely competitive.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

https://youtu.be/Eu7Cj4SGt2c

We don't win the ship without this guy. I'd say he was more valuable thank kawhi in the finals. Fvv was playing the kawhi role - efficient scoring while locking down the opposition's best player.

If fvv can put up more assists (around 8/g) then he is a starter.
    I love that he established himself as an NBA player to the rest of the world during the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I'm surprised by all these depth signings. Thought we had a full roster.
    Hope nobody of note gets cut.
    Maximum roster size is 15 I believe. Some of the non-guaranteed players will probably be 905 players, but we still have:

Lowry, VanVleet, Payne, Powell, McCaw, Davis, Johnson, Anunoby, RHJ, Miller, Ibaka, Siakam, Boucher, Gasol, Hernandez.

That is 15 there. I guess guys like Robinson, Konate, Wigginton are likely Raps 905 material. Unless they beat someone out at camp, but not sure the specifics on all the contract guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Maximum roster size is 15 I believe. Some of the non-guaranteed players will probably be 905 players, but we still have:

Lowry, VanVleet, Payne, Powell, McCaw, Davis, Johnson, Anunoby, RHJ, Miller, Ibaka, Siakam, Boucher, Gasol, Hernandez.

That is 15 there. I guess guys like Robinson, Konate, Wigginton are likely Raps 905 material. Unless they beat someone out at camp, but not sure the specifics on all the contract guarantees.
    You're right. Upto 20 guys for camp, but rosters cut to 15 by season.

Any interest in Draymond Green ?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Any interest in Draymond Green ?
    Are they shopping him?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You're right. Upto 20 guys for camp, but rosters cut to 15 by season.
    Konate was the signing that really intrigued me. Still recovering from injury to play in summer league I guess. I feel like a lot of these guys coming on with us a trust in our developmental system. Even Robinson is a guy with a really nice athletic profile that has played NBA and now has a lot of similar profile players to compete against to get to the NBA here in Toronto.

payne is trash yikes

I guess it is just 3rd PG depth. I agree though, nothing to be excited about there.

Am I crazy for still liking this team? They have at least 2 very good PG's. They have a couple solid defensive anchors in the middle in Gasol and Ibaka. They have a budding superstar in Siakam who can play the 2 thru 5. They have OG Anunoby who is athletically gifted and due to take a step forward. Powell isn't Danny Green from the perimeter but he can score in multiple ways and defend .(..and seems to love the playoffs.) They have shooters on the bench. They have a defensive stopper in Stanley Johnson who seems hungry to get better. They have Boucher (and Miller) looking for minutes. They added 2 athletic kids in Hernandez and Davis to start grooming with the 905.

They have the depth to get this aging starting 5 into the post season. Once they do that their top 8 or 9 is still very talented with good chemistry. The only team in the East that I really think is better right now is the Bucks. But anything can happen between now and next post season.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Am I crazy for still liking this team? They have at least 2 very good PG's. They have a couple solid defensive anchors in the middle in Gasol and Ibaka. They have a budding superstar in Siakam who can play the 2 thru 5. They have OG Anunoby who is athletically gifted and due to take a step forward. Powell isn't Danny Green from the perimeter but he can score in multiple ways and defend .(..and seems to love the playoffs.) They have shooters on the bench. They have a defensive stopper in Stanley Johnson who seems hungry to get better. They have Boucher (and Miller) looking for minutes. They added 2 athletic kids in Hernandez and Davis to start grooming with the 905.

They have the depth to get this aging starting 5 into the post season. Once they do that their top 8 or 9 is still very talented with good chemistry. The only team in the East that I really think is better right now is the Bucks. But anything can happen between now and next post season.
    No one blames you for liking them - they're coming off a Championship run after all.

Its hard to predict the upcoming season because although the team appears to lack clutch scoring and volume offense, its still a very competitive bunch of guys and I think the new additions will add even more grit to a roster that already fights hard.

At the end of the day the Eastern Conference has gone back to being nothing spectacular. The Durant injury really did change everything and so what you have as of now is a conference of teams that don't really stand out in any meaningful way.

Philly would be an awful matchup for us in the playoffs and there's no escaping that but the funny thing is I just don't trust Embiid's health at all. I actually think the Sixers are an injury away from another disaster season and I feel the same about most of these "super-star" teams.

It really puts into perspective how amazing a champion Lebron James was (is) - he completely dominated the EC for virtually his entire career without much of a dent on him. Perhaps Giannis is that next guy but the jury is still out on whether the Bucks are the kind of organization that will deliver.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast