Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Raptors Training Camp Thread!

ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

Really would like to add Beverly

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Really would like to add Beverly
    I like Beverly too, but 1. where does he fit on this team? Is he the first guard off the bench? What about Fred?, or are we talking about him replacing Lowry? and 2. how do we acquire him? I don't think we would have the space to add him unless he's ring chasing for less than the $5.6 mle. We could possibly do a S&T, but I don't think that would benefit us enough since we'd have to give up a cheap asset to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I like Beverly too, but 1. where does he fit on this team? Is he the first guard off the bench? What about Fred?, or are we talking about him replacing Lowry? and 2. how do we acquire him? I don't think we would have the space to add him unless he's ring chasing for less than the $5.6 mle. We could possibly do a S&T, but I don't think that would benefit us enough since we'd have to give up a cheap asset to make it happen.
    At 6í1 crazy as it sounds, Rivers used Beverly at the 1, 2, and even 3 at times. He can guard al three of those positions. (He was guarding a 7 foot Durant in the playoffs this year)

The way I would use him is in a rotation with Lowry and FVV. As it is now Nurse uses FVV and Lowry on the floor a lot together. I could see Beverly backing them up at the one or backing green up at the two spot where I think we need more depth.

Imagine a line up of Lowry, Beverly, Leonard, & Siakam defensively

But yeah, youíre right I donít think he comes here for the MLE. I actually see the Lakers targeting him if they canít land Kyrie or Walker. Beverly would be an excellent role player with AD & LBJ

At 6í1 crazy as it sounds, Rivers used Beverly at the 1, 2, and even 3 at times. He can guard al three of those positions. (He was guarding a 7 foot Durant in the playoffs this year)

The way I would use him is in a rotation with Lowry and FVV. As it is now Nurse uses FVV and Lowry on the floor a lot together. I could see Beverly backing them up at the one or backing green up at the two spot where I think we need more depth.

But yeah, youíre right I donít think he comes here for the MLE. I actually see the Lakers targeting him if they canít land Kyrie or Walker. Beverly would be an excellent role player with AD & LBJ
    Thatís what I wasnít sure about, him playing other positions. I just thought he was a OG only kind of guy. But if he can defend 3ís as well as 2ís then he would make a great fit on the roster. Hopefully Masai can pull some strings cause Iím with you, even more so now that I know he can defend even more positions than I had thought.

Yeah he's going to want a bigger role and i doubt he signs for the MLE.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

I wonder if we're going to offer De Colo something. He's been balling in the Euroleague. We have his rights still.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I wonder if we're going to offer De Colo something. He's been balling in the Euroleague. We have his rights still.
    I think he's been shooting over 40% from three the past few seasons. I remember he could really move the ball as well. He's looking to come back.

Would love to see Dylan Windler slip to 59. Probably not NBA ready right away, but he has potential to be a nice offensive player and a really good rebounder for a SF. Not likely to fall to us, but he's someone I would target.

Quote Originally Posted by CptObvious71 View Post
    Would love to see Dylan Windler slip to 59. Probably not NBA ready right away, but he has potential to be a nice offensive player and a really good rebounder for a SF. Not likely to fall to us, but he's someone I would target.
    I haven't paid as much attention to the draft this season. I will look into him.

We have to also account for the internal issues the Raptors dealt with. Fred, Lowry and Kawhi all alluded to it and i think part of it had to do with minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    We have to also account for the internal issues the Raptors dealt with. Fred, Lowry and Kawhi all alluded to it and i think part of it had to do with minutes.

If I had to guess I would say it was with Norm, or Lin, Meeks maybe ?

Fred got lots of minutes until he got injured, I canít see minutes being a problem for Lowry or Leonard. Maybe Gasol ? But I canít picture him fussing over minutes with his character and at this stage of his career. Siakam plays a ton. Green played more minutes than he ever has before. Og had a rough year with injuries and the loss of a parent, not sure his minutes were restricted because we could def use him at the back up 3&4.

Just trying to picture who would be fighting over playing time. Maybe Ibaka was unhappy having to come off the bench more than heís use to ?

If I had to guess I would say it was with Norm, or Lin, Meeks maybe ?

Fred got lots of minutes until he got injured, I canít see minutes being a problem for Lowry or Leonard. Maybe Gasol ? But I canít picture him fussing over minutes with his character and at this stage of his career. Siakam plays a ton. Green played more minutes than he ever has before. Og had a rough year with injuries and the loss of a parent, not sure his minutes were restricted because we could def use him at the back up 3&4.

Just trying to picture who would be fighting over playing time. Maybe Ibaka was unhappy having to come off the bench more than heís use to ?
    I think it was with Delon and Miles. CJ's wife was *****ing on social media. Saying **** like Nurse is a garbage coach for not playing CJ and that we deserved to lose.

Nurse was on Lowe's podcast and he said that Gasol and Ibaka were chill with him doing random **** so I don't think it was them.

Obviously it will depend on Kawhi but I hope the Raptors bring back Danny.

We're not getting Bev. Dude literally said he wants to set up his family for generations lol. He wants to get paid.

Too bad JJ Reddick is out of our price range. Dude would have feasted on all the open looks Green got.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-19-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast