Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    He's not based in Europe. He played for Iowa State and was only in Europe for one year. He was with the Lakers summer team a couple years ago. I think the Raptors wanted him to play for their team that off season.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    He's coming from Valencia no? Even so, the same applies to college players for most there is an adjustment period to the nba three point line. You see so many guys shoot 35-40 plus in college take a solid dip early on adjusting to the nba 3 point line. I'm not saying he can't be the few that can have an easy transition, hopefully he does. Y'all should have high hopes, I guess I'm tempering expectations just as y'all did with me and OG fot the upcoming season!

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I might be a little too excited about Matt Thomas but he seems like a guy that could fill in for Green minus the defense.

Matt Thomas will be playing most of his minutes for the 905....he is not even close to Danny Green's replacement. Green's "replacement" in the starting 5 is likely going to be FVV or Powell...but this lineup is so versatile who knows. What I do know though is it won't include Matt Thomas.

I want to see Powell and FVV given more minutes tbh... but I could also see them using RHJ and Johnson at SF as a pair of defensive stoppers to stick on the other teams' best scorer.

Ibaka/Gasol
    Siakam/OG
    RHJ/Johnson
    Powell/Davis
    Lowry/FVV

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    He's coming from Valencia no? Even so, the same applies to college players for most there is an adjustment period to the nba three point line. You see so many guys shoot 35-40 plus in college take a solid dip early on adjusting to the nba 3 point line. I'm not saying he can't be the few that can have an easy transition, hopefully he does. Y'all should have high hopes, I guess I'm tempering expectations just as y'all did with me and OG fot the upcoming season!
    Yeah for sure. He will definitely have to adjust, especially when it comes to the speed of the game. I'm not even 100% convinced he will get playing time.

He played for Valencia but he garnered interest well before his time there. I was merely referencing the "Europe based" comment.

Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Matt Thomas will be playing most of his minutes for the 905....he is not even close to Danny Green's replacement. Green's "replacement" in the starting 5 is likely going to be FVV or Powell...but this lineup is so versatile who knows. What I do know though is it won't include Matt Thomas.

I want to see Powell and FVV given more minutes tbh... but I could also see them using RHJ and Johnson at SF as a pair of defensive stoppers to stick on the other teams' best scorer.

Ibaka/Gasol
    Siakam/OG
    RHJ/Johnson
    Powell/Davis
    Lowry/FVV
    Yeah didn't mean to make it sound like he would be his replacement. However, I do believe he will get every opportunity to make the rotation and can compensate for some of the three point shooting we lost from last season. Terrance Davis might also surprise us.

Its about winning, Stoudemire said. You win, youre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you dont win, nobody really wants to see you.

Ibaka/Gasol
    Siakam/OG
    RHJ/Johnson
    Powell/Davis
    Lowry/FVV
    I mean Norm def did more to help the team through out the playoffs. Green did provide some solid defence on the perimeter but he was non existent offensively. I think Norm is a natural fit to slide in the starting two for lack of a better option.

I see FVV as our 6th man.

I think sg is by far our weakest position and I guess Im ok with Norm and FVV getting the bulk of the minutes there but clearly we need to upgrade at that spot.

I agree with you that Thomas will take on more of a C.J. Miles role seeing limited minutes and will be a depth piece. I do think however he will be in the rotation, just at the end of the bench when hes needed.

How's his defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    How's his defense?
    I think that's what we have all been wondering.
    I haven't found anything on it, but it's the difference in being a starter and being a weapon. Gotta play good D to start for this org.

Ibaka/Gasol
    Siakam/OG
    RHJ/Johnson
    Powell/Davis
    Lowry/FVV
    Is there something that says hes going to 905? I just have a hard time believing he would make the jump to play in the minors.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Is there something that says hes going to 905? I just have a hard time believing he would make the jump to play in the minors.
    Well he got a 3 year deal and I'm sure Raptors probably sold him on playing for 905 given the success of the other players the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think that's what we have all been wondering.
    I haven't found anything on it, but it's the difference in being a starter and being a weapon. Gotta play good D to start for this org.
    Powell and McCaw are probably playing majority of the SG minutes (with FVV sliding over). I think he'll play mostly in 905 then he'll graduate like the other guys (Pascal, FVV, Boucher, Brown, Miller).

I love that we get Zion in the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I love that we get Zion in the opener.
    Agreed.

I wanna see the zion/siakam matchup. They might end up being eachothers best comparable at the end of the day despite very different builds/methods to their madness.

Lots of Raptors content in this Rico run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPrlDEVtgIg

Here is another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc0863M3Og

Like what I see from Terence Davis and Dewan Hernandez. Boucher looked pretty smooth too. FVV looks outstanding in both videos. Stanley Johnson seems to be focused on hitting those 3pt shots. Not sure Matt Thomas can play defense well enough to be a weapon. That is a big concern.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Here is another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc0863M3Og

Like what I see from Terence Davis and Dewan Hernandez. Boucher looked pretty smooth too. FVV looks outstanding in both videos. Stanley Johnson seems to be focused on hitting those 3pt shots. Not sure Matt Thomas can play defense well enough to be a weapon. That is a big concern.
    I don't think you have to play defense to be a weapon. Definitely can't be a starter on the raptors without it though.

Very good to see all the dudes at Rico.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast