Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    We're still over the cap by $14 mill if you get rid of Norm. The best we can offer to anyone is the mid level.
    There are ways around it, if we announce a FA signing before resigning Kawhi. Heck we can have a wink wink deal with Gasol to opt out and sign a big FA then give Gasol his 25M with the rights and Kawhi with his rights go way into the luxury tax.

Isn't that an option or did they change everything from years past? I'd love to give Middleton close to the max for 4 years if Kawhi stays and build around him Kawhi and Siakim.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

There are ways around it, if we announce a FA signing before resigning Kawhi. Heck we can have a wink wink deal with Gasol to opt out and sign a big FA then give Gasol his 25M with the rights and Kawhi with his rights go way into the luxury tax.

Isn't that an option or did they change everything from years past? I'd love to give Middleton close to the max for 4 years if Kawhi stays and build around him Kawhi and Siakim.
    Yah, GM's aren't allowed to do those things. If Gasol and Kawhi decline their options, there is stills a 'cap hold" that counts against the salary cap until you renounce the "bird rights" that allow you to exceed the cap. If you want to access the cap space, you have to let go of the rights to sign them over the cap.

NBA doesn't allow teams to so easily circumvent the rules .

Why do I keep reading OG this and OG that. Am I missing something watching OG that people are miraculously seeing? From last playoffs and this year I haven't even seen much improvement from him and his handles need big time work. He has the potential to be good defensively but again hasn't shown it yet, what makes people suddenly think he's going to get handles and become a Middleton type, which is what his potential could possibly be.

If I had the chance to use OG in a package for an established veteran, I'll do it hundred times out of hundred.

Atleast Pascal with his handles this year showed really good glimpses but in the off season his outside shot has to be worked on and he needs to get adjusted more to not rushing and forcing the issue often. I have faith in him because he's taken big leaps, OG still has to show he can make strides.
    OG still has a ways to go, but he is already a servicable player with his defense and outside shooting. If he doesn't develop anymore then he is still an NBA roster player. His 3 and D make him more valuable in the playoffs than a guy like mirotic who was exposed and benched.

I think we're all giving OG a pass on last season after his dad's death in pre-season.

Hoping for some major progression this coming season. I agree, I would be open to package him for a star though. Powell OG and picks for Beal or something. I don't think OG has a very high ceiling, but his floor is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    OG still has a ways to go, but he is already a servicable player with his defense and outside shooting. If he doesn't develop anymore then he is still an NBA roster player. His 3 and D make him more valuable in the playoffs than a guy like mirotic who was exposed and benched.

I think we're all giving OG a pass on last season after his dad's death in pre-season.

Hoping for some major progression this coming season. I agree, I would be open to package him for a star though. Powell OG and picks for Beal or something. I don't think OG has a very high ceiling, but his floor is solid.
    Agree. I think he just needs to keep working on his craft. he will be a decent 3&D player. Maybe more with an opportunity. His role changed a lot from season one and the injuries haven’t helped but I think he can still turn out to be pretty good. Learning from Leonard couldn’t have hurt either.

I would also deal OG in a package for a star if possible. But only if Kawhi stays. Otherwise I'd keep him and see what we have with an increased workload.

As pebloemer pointed out you're not allowed to do any of these things. We need to trade Serge and Powell without taking money back, force Gasol to opt out and renounce his rights to get a max player. We won't be able to bring back Gasol without his bird rights.

We have no picks to trade.

If we can buy or muster up a 2nd round pick. I'll take a flyer on j. Porter. Michael's lol bro. His stock has dropped due to injury concerns.

We have no picks to trade.
    Futures.

Brogdon getting offered 4X80mil by the bulls lol.
    Seriously we're the only team in the east that could come back just as strong as we finished the season.

Futures.
    We can't trade any of them because of the Stepein rule. oh nvm I thought we traded our 2020 pick. we can trade it after the draft then.
    Last edited by ecart; 06-20-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Brogdon getting offered 4X80mil by the bulls lol.
    Seriously we're the only team in the east that could come back just as strong as we finished the season.
    The Bucks will match.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The Bucks will match.
    Good. That will hurt them for the next 4 years.

That seems like Montreal with the Weber contract.

I like the herro kid Miami drafted. I'm getting a booker/ginobli vibe from him.

lol I never said he was let go because of that. I said Pop didn't trust him. Those are two different things.
    Where do you come up with your assumptions? Lol

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast