Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Idk I think the media is just trying to get clicks.

Plus we don't know why he hasn't reported. Maybe he spoke to the Yankees about taking the full 72. I am not going to make judgment without having all the deets. I'm not gonna label him guilty until proven Innocent.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Good idea. Media can easily jump to conclusions that may have no basis in reality. I agree the appearance isn't pretty, but who knows the whole story? Clearly he's not a happy camper, nor would I expect him to be. I want a player that is pissed went sent down. I also want a player once there will play his butt off to get back to bigs. Imo Frazier is both.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Wow I just read an new ESPN article that ranks are pitching staff when combining the rotation and the BP as the best overall staff in baseball.

I'm not sure what I'm missing or they are seeing but that's a stretch IMO. Our BP other than Cessa has been incredibly even without Betances When or if he comes back that pen would be something. Even more so if they trade for another if they can trade for another stud reliever like Hand

The starting rotation being ranked so high is what has be baffled. German was great till his last 4 starts where it looked like he was wearing down. Happ and CC have been serviceable. Paxton has been great at times but hasn't looked the same since his knee Injury. Tanaka has had some very good starts, his last 1 was brilliant but as if his sitter is flat hes struggled. That said hes been our best starter and is absolutely a big game stud.
    Were still missing Sevy who healthy is the best pitcher we could hope to add but he hasn't pitched so they cant count on him in their rankings.

Imo were at least one solid starter, and healthy returns from Sevy and Betances from having a top5 staff maybe top 3.

Are we all missing something and being over concerned about our pitching or do we need to get some of what ESPN is smoking
    Pass the pipe!

Imo Yanks are clearly one quality arm away. I also believe if Happ and particularly Paxton play up to
    potential team is much improved. However still one solid arm from the promised land.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Wow another horrible decision from Clint that makes him even more unlikable to NY media and Yanks fans. If he has much value left he'll be gone for a pitcher. If his value is to low to get any good I'd keep. him in AAA all yr baring an injury
    No offense, but Clint’s numbers are a little bit better than Tauch’s...

And in reality Clint didn’t DESERVE to be sent down with regarding his offensive stats....big stars made him go away....

His attitude is terrible at times but he is just confident and the media also makes more of a story than what it really was....
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-19-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Great night for the Yankees, who beat the Rays. Maybin HRs for the 4th straight game, Encarnacion hits 1st HR as a Yankee, Stanton returns, Judge HRs in Scranton, Deivi Garcia strikes out 15 in 6 innings in Trenton and the Team announces that Severino will throw off a mound within a week. Loving it all.
    You just mention the HR’s

The string of hits was the main reason why we won the game....the homer happy Yankees beat the shift with timely hits that were well positioned to garner success.

5. 2009

Unless Sevy comes back healthy and with our training staff I wouldn't be surprised by at least 1 delay/ setback. I think we absolutely need 1 starter stat and depending on how Betances and Sevy look when they start there rehab we could probably use 2 starters and an reliever. The BP arm doesn't need to be the best on the market like Hand and others being mentioned but they need to be better than Holder, Cessa, Harvey,and Cortez which shouldn't be hard.

I thought of Mike Minor as a 2nd starter/ reliever since he very capable of excelling in both roles
    Btw did u see Gs interview when he was talking about his rehab process. He was not a happy boy when talking about the misdiagnosis of the bicep tear vs the shoulder issue wasn't the main problem. It was the first time I've seen him not look like he was absolutely thrilled to be here

20 players on the IL since the beginning of the yr is ludacris and someone needs to be held accountable. What's worse and directly shows how incompetent is all the misdiagnosis that lead to the wrong treatments and the huge amount of setbacks weve had

If the players don't believe the training staff can help keep them healthy or help them heal quickly it's going to cause problems. Players will start seeking 2nd opinions outside the team and going home to have their own guys help them rehab

If they don't make some serious changes I could see us hurt our chances in FA, especially with pitchers. Because pitching is so hard on the body pitchers spend the most time of any players with the training staff. If a FA has serious concerns that the training staff cant help them stay healthy or get them healthy quickly when they get hurt it could give them a great deal of pause if they should sign here

Unless Sevy comes back healthy and with our training staff I wouldn't be surprised by at least 1 delay/ setback. I think we absolutely need 1 starter stat and depending on how Betances and Sevy look when they start there rehab we could probably use 2 starters and an reliever. The BP arm doesn't need to be the best on the market like Hand and others being mentioned but they need to be better than Holder, Cessa, Harvey,and Cortez which shouldn't be hard.

I thought of Mike Minor as a 2nd starter/ reliever since he very capable of excelling in both roles
    Btw did u see Gs interview when he was talking about his rehab process. He was not a happy boy when talking about the misdiagnosis of the bicep tear vs the shoulder issue wasn't the main problem. It was the first time I've seen him not look like he was absolutely thrilled to be here

20 players on the IL since the beginning of the yr is ludacris and someone needs to be held accountable. What's worse and directly shows how incompetent is all the misdiagnosis that lead to the wrong treatments and the huge amount of setbacks weve had

If the players don't believe the training staff can help keep them healthy or help them heal quickly it's going to cause problems. Players will start seeking 2nd opinions outside the team and going home to have their own guys help them rehab

If they don't make some serious changes I could see us hurt our chances in FA, especially with pitchers. Because pitching is so hard on the body pitchers spend the most time of any players with the training staff. If a FA has serious concerns that the training staff cant help them stay healthy or get them healthy quickly when they get hurt it could give them a great deal of pause if they should sign here
    I still believe we have fragile type players....you really think Cashman hired a bunch of bubble gum chewing kids working at La Fitness to be in charge of the New York Yankees training staff? Money was spent wisely in the training department...I bet if you research more closely that we have the best one out there....

Bad luck and fragile players are the root cause, not the training staff!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-19-2019 at 08:11 AM.

5. 2009

So u actually think that we have 20 fragile players and the training staff hold no responsibility for the misdiagnosis, the setbacks and delays?

U might be right that the spent a lot of money on the training staff but that hardly means that their good.
    If nothing else they need to make a changes to reinstall some confidence with the players and ensure them that keeping them healthy and can competently rehab them in a timely manner if they do get Injured

It was quite clear listening to G talk about his injury/rehab how frustrated he has been with the whole process with the training staff

MLB Best Division Record

Astros 21-6 .778
    Yankees 21-7 .750
    Twins 16-7 .696

The Yanks are 6 games ahead of the Rays here. Could that end up being the difference in the AL East race?

Contenders vs AL East
    Yankees 21-7 .750
    Rays 15-13 .536
    Red Sox 16-14 .533

- James Smyth

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Jordan Montgomery is coming back to NYC to have an MRI on his shoulder. Aaron Boone said he didn’t want to set off too many alarm bells... adding the #YANKEES are being cautious

- MM

So

He had TJS

And now he is having discomfort in his shoulder?

WHAT THE ****

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

A1 medical staff in the Bronx.

Doc, maybe you should take over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    A1 medical staff in the Bronx.

Doc, maybe you should take over for them.
    Funny you should mention that. I looked up the info on the training staff just to see who is responsible for the conditioning ect. They have a guy on staff, Chad Bohling who is Director of Mental Conditioning. Wonder what his job description is?

For those interested :

Matthew Krause Strength and Conditioning Director
    — Christopher Ahmad Head Team Physician
    — Stuart Hershon Senior Advisor of Orthopedics
    — Tim Lentych Assistant Athletic Trainer
    — Michael Schuk Assistant Athletic Trainer
    — Chad Bohling Director of Mental Conditioning
    — Steve Donohue Head Athletic Trainer
    — Douglas Cecil Massage Therapist

Hal would have no problem surpassing $246 million...

So enough with the EE move blocking a potential future trade....

https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/only-s...st-luxury-tax/

5. 2009

Jordan Montgomery is coming back to NYC to have an MRI on his shoulder. Aaron Boone said he didn’t want to set off too many alarm bells... adding the #YANKEES are being cautious

- MM

So

He had TJS

WHAT THE ****

Another fragile pitcher...

He probably was compensating a little and the shoulder blew out!

Won’t see him anymore!

I can name over 100 pitchers who had bum shoulders and never return...

5. 2009

- MM

So

He had TJS

WHAT THE ****

Another set back to a pitcher. That should about end any chance we had of getting Monty back this yr

This is why I'm very concerned something like this is gonna happen to Sevy and effectively end his season also

Who knows when we'll see German back

The Yanks better get at a minimum of two pitchers. One starter and another good reliever, even better 2 starters and a reliever as well. I think were going to have to beef up the pen because I don't think were going to getting a lot of length from the starters we currently have and can't burnout the pen before the playoffs. Plus we need to hope Betances comes back.

They have to do something about that medical staff. Way to many injuries, set backs and misses diagnosis. If I was a player on that team and got hurt I sure wouldn't feel confident or want that staff handling me rehab

Another set back to a pitcher. That should about end any chance we had of getting Monty back this yr

This is why I'm very concerned something like this is gonna happen to Sevy and effectively end his season also

Who knows when we'll see German back

The Yanks better get at a minimum of two pitchers. One starter and another good reliever, even better 2 starters and a reliever as well. I think were going to have to beef up the pen because I don't think were going to getting a lot of length from the starters we currently have and can't burnout the pen before the playoffs. Plus we need to hope Betances comes back.

They have to do something about that medical staff. Way to many injuries, set backs and misses diagnosis. If I was a player on that team and got hurt I sure wouldn't feel confident or want that staff handling me rehab
    Not so sure it's the medical staff per se. Chris Ahmad the team physician, is considered one of the best in the field. He mentored under Frank Jobe, the pioneer of TJ surgery. Ahmad was selected for the sports-medicine fellowship at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic. Although is it possible he is the one responsible for the missed or mis-diagnosed Sevy, Stanton, Judge injuries?

The training staff may also be considered suspect. Regardless who is responsible, clearly there have been an inordinate number of injuries.

Page 3 of 191 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast