Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    he is a ground ball pitcher but he is also a contact pitcher in yankee stadium which scares me in this homer friendly park.. the only thing i do not like about stromas is his small height listed at 5 f8... his rest of his career will be a short one...no pun intended...
    You also said DJ would be a bench role player.

So, you can't be taken seriously.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    chapman before last night game blew 3 saves already probably all of them in the 9th inning or extra innings... but the yanks came back and won all those games..
    As opposed to Chap blowing a save before the 9th, from the bullpen? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    As opposed to Chap blowing a save before the 9th, from the bullpen? Lol
    i game chapman came into the 8th inning with a lead...

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Can you really say anyone is better for sure? Maybe a healthy Betances and that is it.
    Britton looked pretty good tonight.. and he came in with 2 already on..

He has to work on his control and also realize that when the ole number one is not up to where it used to be, work with the offspeed stuff..

He's still throwing 100+.. but he's not throwing with the control he used to

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Britton looked pretty good tonight.. and he came in with 2 already on..

He has to work on his control and also realize that when the ole number one is not up to where it used to be, work with the offspeed stuff..

He's still throwing 100+.. but he's not throwing with the control he used to
    If you want to complain about a guy who always makes things interesting it is Britton who doesn't have good command. He has a 4.70 BB/9 while Chapman has a 2.95 BB/9. The big difference between the two is Chapman's K/9 is over 13 while Britton's is under 7. Basically Britton is relying on his fielders to make plays while with Chapman you don't have to worry about bad defense having as much of an effect on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If you want to complain about a guy who always makes things interesting it is Britton who doesn't have good command. He has a 4.70 BB/9 while Chapman has a 2.95 BB/9. The big difference between the two is Chapman's K/9 is over 13 while Britton's is under 7. Basically Britton is relying on his fielders to make plays while with Chapman you don't have to worry about bad defense having as much of an effect on the game.
    I'm really not to worried about Britton relying on our defense a little more because we have 4 elite defensive infielders in DJLM,Gio, Gleyber and Didi with a very strong group of Ofers.

My concern is the amount of innings Chappy, Britton, Otto and Kahnle are on pace to throw. Last time I looked they were all on pace to throw at or near their career highs. Were clearly not.going to get a starter who is clearly better than Tanaka and Paxton like we really need unless Cashman decides to give away the whole farm for Castillo.

I really doubt were going to know if Betances is going to make it back this season before the deadline

Our biggest pitching strength barring a miracle trade and fully healthy Sevy is going to be th BP.

I think the way to go is to try to find another elite reliever and possibly a guy that could do both like Lynn did last yr.

Make the pen truly elite and at the same time be able to keep the rest of our best 4 relievers fresh for the playoffs. If that pen is burned out by the playoffs I don't think we ll have a chance.

If the Mets are going to really sell it would be interesting to know what it would take to get Diaz

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253