Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    I know we will not do this, But for sure George would of in years past... Call the mets, Tell them give us Thor or DeGrom. We will take the contract you took on for Cano.. Send them a b prospect and they be giddy. Then flat out release Cano

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    What would take to get Thor from the Mets...

He is not an ACE....

But he does have 2 more years of control after this year.
    I wanted the Yankees to make a deal for Thor before the season. I was hoping the three team trade was true with the Marlins.. Not that I wanted to lose Sanchez... But I would of been fine with sending Andujar if that was something they would of taken for JT, And the Mets sending us Thor, At the time I was even thinking sending Stanton to the Mets.. I know he has a NTC, But never know.

My Two Cents...The guy the Yankees should be targeting is Madison Baumgarnar. Here is why:

1.) You are not going to find a player like DeGrom available, and if you do, you will need to give up players that we will be depending on.

2.) Some have mentioned Syndergaard. Here is the deal. I am trying to win a World Series this year. Once again you have to give up the farm and all you are going to get is an injury prone pitcher.

3.) Bauer - Why would the Indians give up their Game 1 Starter? Indians are fighting for a playoff spot. While they would consider giving up Bauer for a hall, the fact is that Bauer is under control two years after this one. They can move him next year. Some have pointed to Frazier for Bauer. If I am the Indians GM I don't do that

4.) Stroman - He will cost a lot more than Frazier and I am not sure he is better than Bumgarner. Sure his ERA is lower, but his K/9 and WHIP not as impressive. Also he is having a career year

So lets talk Bumgarner. This is a no brainer for so many reasons:

A. The guy won't cost as much as the others.
    B. He is a Big Game Pitcher - Stroman might be a big game Pitcher, but we don't know. Bauer has been so so. But Bumgarner goes from good to great. Baring an epic collapse the Yankees are going to win the division, this is a move about October
    C. Bumgarner is only 29. He is a year older than Stroman and Bauer.
    D. If the Yankees want Bumgarner they can get him. Bumgarner likes October baseball.

Now lets look at the negatives. Bumgarner's only negative this year is that he is giving up more HRs. Which at Yankee Stadium could be a problem. That said, he is also left handed, where Yankee Stadium tends to play better. Baumgarner IP/Start is better than any of the other pitchers, which is pretty good when one considers he plays in the NL and will be pinch hit for more. The Yankee Bullpen needs a break....Knowing that your pen will need to get 6-9 outs rather than 20 outs is a big deal

Here is the bottom line...of the pitchers that can be realistically obtained who do you start Game 7 of the ALCS or World Series? Bring on the veteran who has risen to the occasion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post
    My Two Cents...The guy the Yankees should be targeting is Madison Baumgarnar. Here is why:

1.) You are not going to find a player like DeGrom available, and if you do, you will need to give up players that we will be depending on.

2.) Some have mentioned Syndergaard. Here is the deal. I am trying to win a World Series this year. Once again you have to give up the farm and all you are going to get is an injury prone pitcher.

3.) Bauer - Why would the Indians give up their Game 1 Starter? Indians are fighting for a playoff spot. While they would consider giving up Bauer for a hall, the fact is that Bauer is under control two years after this one. They can move him next year. Some have pointed to Frazier for Bauer. If I am the Indians GM I don't do that

4.) Stroman - He will cost a lot more than Frazier and I am not sure he is better than Bumgarner. Sure his ERA is lower, but his K/9 and WHIP not as impressive. Also he is having a career year

B. He is a Big Game Pitcher - Stroman might be a big game Pitcher, but we don't know. Bauer has been so so. But Bumgarner goes from good to great. Baring an epic collapse the Yankees are going to win the division, this is a move about October
    D. If the Yankees want Bumgarner they can get him. Bumgarner likes October baseball.

Now lets look at the negatives. Bumgarner's only negative this year is that he is giving up more HRs. Which at Yankee Stadium could be a problem. That said, he is also left handed, where Yankee Stadium tends to play better. Baumgarner IP/Start is better than any of the other pitchers, which is pretty good when one considers he plays in the NL and will be pinch hit for more. The Yankee Bullpen needs a break....Knowing that your pen will need to get 6-9 outs rather than 20 outs is a big deal

Here is the bottom line...of the pitchers that can be realistically obtained who do you start Game 7 of the ALCS or World Series? Bring on the veteran who has risen to the occasion!
    He will hold the NTC close over their heads and will no doubt ask for an extension before agreeing to waive it. I don't want the guy at all, let alone to extend him.

He plays in pitchers ball parks, I don't think he will do well in the AL east. His #s will most definitely trend in the wrong direction here. He is in an early decline, IMO. It would be a bad bad trade.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

bum or stroman wont even change this team for the better.
    max, thor or do nothing and i doubt they'll do nothing.

If starting market isn't worth it

Go get a top BP arm or two to shorten the games and it'll help in the playoffs and hope it works out.

Go ham for Cole in the off season.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Verlander didn't suddenly, massively improve when he got traded. He finished 2nd in the Cy young in 16 and actually had more 1st place votes than the winner.

He had a tough 1st half in 17 and had lost some velo because of some mechanical and injury issues. The Tigers weren't contenders and were scared his huge contract would end up being an albatross on a rebuilding team. So they gave him away to get the money off the books.

Verlander is like Brady in that he has continued to beat father time. Their hasn't been a pitcher that has been successful and been able to continue to be a power pitcher this late into his career since the steroid era

Madbum has been in decline since his 2 serious injuries. He's not the same guy he was when he pitched the Giants to WS titles. He's a good pitcher but he not a TORP anymore and to expect him to magically regain his elite postseason form after yrs of not being the same pitcher he was is a little unrealistic imo

As far as next yr goes it easy to say get rid of Happ but who going to want to take on a 37 yr old pitcher coming off a down yr.

It would basically be choosing between Mad bum and Cole. Anything that could block our chances to get Cole is a huge mistake IMO

I completely agree about enough of the experiments. The problem is there isn't a TORP really available that we've heard about. There really isnt a great option out there right now so who do they get
    I’d love Cole during the off season. But will the Yankees go the extra money or the extra year if necessary. Or will they draw a line in the sand like they did with Corbin. I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I’d love Cole during the off season. But will the Yankees go the extra money or the extra year if necessary. Or will they draw a line in the sand like they did with Corbin. I don’t know.
    They would be very foolish if they low ball or draw any lines in the sand. Cole should be the primary target and #1 priority in the off season. Corbin was a mistake, one they may regret behind closed doors.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    yanks signed cc to a 7 year 161 million dollar deal after the 2008 season cole is so much better than cc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobshirleyrules View Post

bumgarner is a big time pitcher stroman might be one but bauer is meh.. bauer is lights out better then bumgarner and stroman.. i don;t understand the negative hate for bauer by some fans..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    bumgarner is a big time pitcher stroman might be one but bauer is meh.. bauer is lights out better then bumgarner and stroman.. i don;t understand the negative hate for bauer by some fans..
    Same logic of some fans who hated the DJ signing.

One in particular comes to mind.

Oh.

Right now:
    Bauer is a longshot... the Indians are in a playoff spot as we speak... IF they move him.. it won't be cheap as they will want something to make them better (right NOW) back... Not worth the effort.

Baugarner - Great playoff resume... ancient history.. but it's great.. yes, he's only 29.. but he's been in the league for 10 years, threw over 200 innings from 2011 through 2016... has not thrown more than 130 since.. (and he's at range where he's ended right now) since he hurt his shoulder... He has 1700+ innings on his arm already.. His Whip before his injury was in the 1.07 range.. since, he's in the 1.20 range...

Still a good pitcher, but makes me nervous how his numbers will go up when he's not in a pitchers park...

Cole can't be compared to Corbin... Corbin was merely average until he had a career year last year... which he parlayed into a big contract...

Cole has been very good almost every year in the league. He's not taking a career year into a big deal.. he's taking his career into that..and I expect he will cost much more than corbin did. Corbin was the best of a poor crop.

I'm really hoping Brian finds that hidden gem from somewhere.. It's also clear the best pitcher the Yanks will get between now and the playoffs will be if Sevy finally gets healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

Oh.

What a batting title and 3 GG make him special? Or is it his 1st place finish last two seasons in fielding %. Meh Tulo was cheaper. LOL

Joking aside, DJ's stats at 2B are incredible. From 2015-2018 he finished 1st in almost every defensive category for 2B recorded by Baseball Reference.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks signed cc to a 7 year 161 million dollar deal after the 2008 season cole is so much better than cc...
    Idk man, from 2006-2008, and especially 2008, CC was really damn good.
    He was also excellent for us from 2009-2012.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

Oh.

lol beat me to it

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast