Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2516
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Just saw that the Blue Jays asked for Torres and Garcia for Stroman. The Blue Jay GM I guess you have to shoot your shot lol.
    As always.. ask for the moon.. of course if Cashman is like me, the response would be:
    Sorry, for Torres alone it would cost you Stroman and your 1-5 top prospects... Garcia would cost you more on top of that..

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    As always.. ask for the moon.. of course if Cashman is like me, the response would be:
    Sorry, for Torres alone it would cost you Stroman and your 1-5 top prospects... Garcia would cost you more on top of that..
    I wouldnít give them Gleyber even if they threw in Fat Vlad jr.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Torres is the most untouchable player on the Yankees and one of the most in the majors. No package would be worth it to me to trade him. Young cost controlled all-star.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Just saw that the Blue Jays asked for Torres and Garcia for Stroman. The Blue Jay GM I guess you have to shoot your shot lol.
    I figured they would ask for the moon! Can't say NO if you don't ask.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

sure,why not? we should throw Judge in as well

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I figured they would ask for the moon! Can't say NO if you don't ask.
    Yeah but rational thought lets us know that we can't possess the moon.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yeah but rational thought lets us know that we can't possess the moon.
    But we sure could have possessed Max Scherzer.

Any Questions?

Happ might have been a bad signing in retrospect however the cc resigning was absolutely terrible. Also the concept of bullpening is terrible and does not work for an entire season maybe for the playoffs but Iím happy there getting manhandled right now so they have to make a big trade. I think cashman is really good at most stuff but an off-season of happ Paxton and cc is an epic mistake when you have a loaded team otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Happ might have been a bad signing in retrospect however the cc resigning was absolutely terrible. Also the concept of bullpening is terrible and does not work for an entire season maybe for the playoffs but Iím happy there getting manhandled right now so they have to make a big trade. I think cashman is really good at most stuff but an off-season of happ Paxton and cc is an epic mistake when you have a loaded team otherwise.
    they could have signed corbin who is having a very good year.. if he was on the yanks he would have 12-13 wins by now but no the yanks became misers..

No Verlander because they had to pinch pennies
    No cole because miggy and clint were untouchable but now aren't
    No Corbin over an extra year but sign happ till 39
    Trade for Paxton a 31 year old whose never been healthy
    And resign cc who has no knee and never goes past 5 innings and on DL 3 times a year.
    Absolutely horrific starting pitching moves

Spot on. Happ was a terrible deal. It still blows my mind. I could have maybe seen a one year deal but that was it. CC is another mind boggler. Yet there were guys on here who said he is a good presence for the clubhouse and thatís how they justified it. Well where is that presence when it comes to other guys in the rotation? I agree with tour point on the bullpen. Right now, Iím now sure our starters are capable of even getting to the third inning against a playoff team.

No Verlander because they had to pinch pennies
    No cole because miggy and clint were untouchable but now aren't
    No Corbin over an extra year but sign happ till 39
    Trade for Paxton a 31 year old whose never been healthy
    And resign cc who has no knee and never goes past 5 innings and on DL 3 times a year.
    Absolutely horrific starting pitching moves
    Wow...............where have I seen this before?

Any Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Wow...............where have I seen this before?
    Probably in your diary. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I'll gladly eat crow.

I had no issue with the Happ signing. But, it has been a terrible 1/4 of the contract thus far. So yeah. They need to make sure that year #3 vesting option doesn't kick in. Unless he magically turns it around(but I'm not holding my breath)

I still don't have an issue with CC at 8 million dollars as a #5 starter. Could they have gotten him for less? Maybe. If it was the reason they passed on Corbin(which I don't think it was) then I'd hate it.

As good as Cashman has been with fleecing teams on trades and finding diamonds in the rough(Didi, Gio, Sockman, Voit just to name a few). He is equally as terrible when it comes to putting together a rotation.

I really hope this week or so has been a ****ing wake up call for this front office, if not, I'll be buying a one way ticket on the Sauron train.

Im also not usually a crazy fire the coach kinda guy, but I think Larry's time has come and gone. I think his old school methods don't work in today's game. They need to find someone new who brings different ideas to the table. Whatever he has his pitchers doing in the bullpen pre-game, is clearly not working.

I also don't care for Boone because I think he doesn't get a good job with his pitching staff. Be it leaving guys in longer than they should be, pulling them sooner than they should be. Also can't stand his use of the bullpen. Maybe he has Larry make those decisions, if he does then Larry should be stripped of those duties.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

This yankee team is a beast in many ways. Power hitting in the clutch great pen. Itís time to make a choice. You save all your prospects many of which you have no room for position player wise and pitchers you canít develop anyways or you trade them for starters and legitimately probably win the World Series multiple times the next few years. Get 1 really good starter and an innings guy this year and in the offseason throw what ever it takes at cole.