Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,531 of 2531
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Giancarlo Stanton is flying to New York today, per Aaron Boone. He says "there's a chance" Stanton could be activated tomorrow, and "certainly" Thursday.

-Lindsey Adler
    !!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hey flip.flop when did I say I wanted Rothschild gone.

I said I didn't trust he and Boone to execute this plan they have for our postseason pitching rotation and knowing when the right time was to go and pull these guys quickly enough to exercise this plan effectively.

Also other than get Paxton to have a great 9 game streak by getting him to use his CB more often what else has he done in the last couple yrs that he should be absolutely safe this offseason especially if we lose early
    I never wanted Paxton anyway...

I wanted Corbin.

Never wanted Happ resigned after that crap in Oct.

Never wanted CC resigned either

I wanted Dallas Keuchel signed, PERIOD!

I wanted this rotation back in Dec

1. Sevy
    2. Corbin
    3. Dallas
    4. Tanaka
    5. Free agent or Yankee young starter

Cashman only wants cost controlled starters, it was obvious when they passed on Corbin. The Analytics department said Happ is a cheaper version of Corbin. It is pretty obvious how he operates and I can guarantee that Hal is NOT going to sign off on Gerit Cole and $35 million per...
    If Tanakaís contract was up in 2019 then YES he would probably overpay for Cole...

Every wants this and everybody wants that but they donít realize how Hal is.....

He wants more bang for the buck.

Stanton was odd as I never expected that one but he was basically cheap according to the Analytics department for the yearly salary and production and for $26 million he deserved his 2018 salary. But I also said he is up and down with his health and a huge risk...Fortunately players like Torres, DJ, Gardy and Urshela had huge years and covered his void up easily.

When Tanaka goes then Hal will replace that salary slot!

Figure it out people!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; Yesterday at 06:26 PM.
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. Sheís So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Mush the problem with waiting till after next yr when Tanaka, Paxton, Happ and Jake are FA is that Bauer, Tanaka and Paxton are the 3 best FA in that class.

There's no one exciting pitching wise in the following yr either.

We have a huge hole at the top of our rotation now. Our window to win is now and we don't have time to develop an ace internally.

Cole is only 28 and 1 of the best 3 pitchers in baseball and by far the youngest. They have wanted Cole since the drafted him out of HS and tried to trade for him atleast twice, hes Cashman great white whale

Hal has been saying for the last couple yrs that when we needed to get that one last big piece to put us over the top he d be willing to spend the money to get that player

There isnt another starter of Coles age, quality and stuff available for atleast 3 yrs and that only if they dont sign an extension.

The Yanks are getting 18m in insurance money for Jake, plus they have alot of money coming off the books after the 20 season.

Cole is absolutely such a rare talent, especially when he's only going 2 cost money. If u look beyond next yr the only big financial comment they have one the books is Stanton @ 22.5m AAV

There is absolutely no reason the shouldn't sign Cole to fill our biggest need and keep us as WS favorites for the next 4plus yrs.

Cole is a must sign. If we sign Cole, and Sevy is healthy, we easily have the best team in baseball. Easily.

Rotation:

Cole
    Sevy
    Paxton
    Tanaka
    German

Depth: Happ, Monty, Lasagna, King, etc....deep.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

That would be one of the best if not the best rotation in baseball
    It would be great to have that kinda depth as well.

I think they have given Loaisiga his shot at the rotation and he just can't stay healthy. With his stuff I think he turns into a high leverage reliever from this point on. In The last 2yrs hes got less than 40 in pitched as a starter a couldn't stay healthy. I think there is a much better chance throwing 50-60 innings as a reliever there is a better chance he stays healthy

Deep. Hehe

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

right now, I don't know why this version of the Yankees has so many injuries... is it just bad luck? Or a bad Strength and conditioning coaches? Horried medical staff?

I don't know.. but as much as I like Cole... If they can sign a new S&C staff and keep the guys on the field.. that would become the best signing this team can make.. just look at the names we've lost time from because they are dealing with injuries. There was a spell where we had a top level team on our IL at that time. Now that Dellin is officially gone for the season, this mantra is getting OLD REAL FAST...

As far as Cole or this season with Kuechel... Guys lets be real... how long before they are on the IL with a pulled/strained/torn something or other? The Yanks have to get a handle on why they are seeing this many injuries... it's clearly not Aaron "Lets rest guys" boone's doing.. unless the cause is too much rest.. because he's clearly not overworking anyone..

The vast majority of our injuries have been soft tissue injuries and IMO that started with the S&C coaches last winter but its primarily on the training staff during the yr.

I absolutely agree that one of the very best things they cou6do for this team going into next yr is upgrade their training and S&C staff. Weve had 32 players on the IL this yr which was a MLB record and lost another 4 or 5 this month that would have gone on the IL but didn't become there is no reason 2 in September

That's just way way to many injuries for someone not to be held accountable
    Cashman said in July he and his staff were going to do a " CSI" investigation into it and deal with it this off season.

The biggest concern I have is if were trying to get Cole, he could very easily pass on us because we cant seem to keep players healthy and why would he jeopardize his career like that coming here?

The Yanks absolutely have to .make some serious changes in those departments 1st thing this off season to send a message to Fas that they have fixed the problem and also so they can improve the off season workouts for our players so we don't have a repeat of this yr next yr

Guys are going to get Injured throughout the yr no matter what but at the clip our guys did was just ridiculous

One of the baffling parts to me is we only lost Bird and Andujar to issues that needed surgery the majority of the rest were pretty basic injuries that were commonly misdiagnosed which massively slowed down their recovery time

Gerrit Cole needs 8 strikeout to reach 300 for the season.

He's 13-0 with a 1.85 ERA in his last 19 starts.

But Mush said he's over rated and we don't need him.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Gerrit Cole needs 8 strikeout to reach 300 for the season.

He's 13-0 with a 1.85 ERA in his last 19 starts.

But Mush said he's over rated and we don't need him.

Oh.

He's trash. Should have been 19-0

Mush would be technically correct that we donít need Cole if we win it all.