Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    What do you all think it would take to get Bauer?

Inciarte
    Kyle Wright or Ian Anderson
    Joey Wentz or Kyle Muller
    Alex Jackson

Think that would be enough to get a deal done? Or is this to much? Guessing trade packages is not my strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That be enough, but is also an overpay in my opinion. Bauer is a very good pitcher and has 2.5 years of control, but hes going to cost a ton of money the next two years, hell be approaching 20MM in 2020 and maybe 25MM by 2021. Besides, his 2018 looks a bit fluky right now, when you see his HR/FB by year:

2015: 11.7
    2016: 11.6
    2017: 16.1
    2018: 6.2
    2019: 12.8

Hes still a very good pitcher, a guy that can go really deep in games but has only average 175 IP a season in his career. I would like him in a Braves uni, but the more I see, hes not that great of a fit. Besides, the Indians are playing great and may not be sellers.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I like the rumors of Boyd, and the trade value calculator of Wright, We tz and Jenista for Boyd. We get 3 more yrs of control of Boyd. Wentz and Jenista are pieces that will likely never be major pieces on the MLB roster for the Braves with the current depth and talent ahead of them. We either wait on Wright abd hope he turns out, or get a guy that has been waited on and is turning out and at a good price. I can hear about past numbers all you want, but 107 innings, 142 k's to 20 bb is all I need to hear about this yr. He has spent the time being seasoned, and that is what you pay for in a pennant run. I like Boyd and Wheeler. Bum and Stroman finish 4 and 3 for me. Give me arms that can strike guys out, they will matter in the playoffs. I don't like loaner status, so give me Boyd who can K guys abd doesn't walk them...pur bullpen will walk enough to make me pull my hair out

I hate dealing for guys who are having career years, such a huge risk. FIP is a full run lower than his career average, full walk per 9 lower and and 3 Ks per 9 higher.

They really need to do work on him and see if he changed up something or it's a fluke year.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    I like the rumors of Boyd, and the trade value calculator of Wright, We tz and Jenista for Boyd. We get 3 more yrs of control of Boyd. Wentz and Jenista are pieces that will likely never be major pieces on the MLB roster for the Braves with the current depth and talent ahead of them. We either wait on Wright abd hope he turns out, or get a guy that has been waited on and is turning out and at a good price. I can hear about past numbers all you want, but 107 innings, 142 k's to 20 bb is all I need to hear about this yr. He has spent the time being seasoned, and that is what you pay for in a pennant run. I like Boyd and Wheeler. Bum and Stroman finish 4 and 3 for me. Give me arms that can strike guys out, they will matter in the playoffs. I don't like loaner status, so give me Boyd who can K guys abd doesn't walk them...pur bullpen will walk enough to make me pull my hair out
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I hate dealing for guys who are having career years, such a huge risk. FIP is a full run lower than his career average, full walk per 9 lower and and 3 Ks per 9 higher.

They really need to do work on him and see if he changed up something or it's a fluke year.
    Oh yeah, on paper that proposal to get Boyd is decent, Boyd look like stud but as Wrench pointed out this is by FAR Boyd best season, and it isn't a season yet, is half a season. This might be a fluke, I guess it'll depend on how the Braves analitycal department see Boyd, I won't be maf at first glance if we trade for him and have to give up Wright.

I know trades of this magnitude don't happen very often between these clubs, but I think this make sense for both.

Ender Inciarte for Zack Wheeler.

Inciarte doesn't have a spot in the team right now and I don't know if he'll have one next season, Wheeler is basically the same pitcher that pretty much dominated the second half last year, he has absolutely insane stuff, if he can harness his command a bit, look out. He might be a pitcher we can sign in the offseason too, trading for him now might help the case.

The Mets don't have any options in CF, period. They get a young, cost controlled CF that could help right now and in the near future, I think they'll be all over this trade.

This way we get to keep our prospect and solve a problem using spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I know trades of this magnitude don't happen very often between these clubs, but I think this make sense for both.

Ender Inciarte for Zack Wheeler.

Inciarte doesn't have a spot in the team right now and I don't know if he'll have one next season, Wheeler is basically the same pitcher that pretty much dominated the second half last year, he has absolutely insane stuff, if he can harness his command a bit, look out. He might be a pitcher we can sign in the offseason too, trading for him now might help the case.

The Mets don't have any options in CF, period. They get a young, cost controlled CF that could help right now and in the near future, I think they'll be all over this trade.

This way we get to keep our prospect and solve a problem using spare parts.
    Bowman wrote the other day that Inciarte isnt much more than a throw in right now.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Bowman wrote the other day that Inciarte isnt much more than a throw in right now.

I have to disagree with Bowman, they guy has 3 straight 3fWAR seasons and is control for 3 more years? 40 games of ****** play can't erase all that. Bowman is dead wrong.

MLB.com proposed this deal:

Atlanta gets: LHP Madison Bumgarner and LHP Will Smith

San Francisco gets: RHP Bryse Wilson, LHP Kolby Allard and OF Justin Dean

The write up is below:
    https://www.mlb.com/news/5-trade-ide...ine-approaches
    2019 Vikings Draft :

The write up is below:

Without really reading the article, that is a deal that I would pull the trigger on from Atlanta's standpoint, as it protects the team's top prospects (Pache, Waters, Ian Anderson, Kyle Wright, etc.).

So, let's pretend that the Braves are talking to Toronto & Detroit about Stroman and Matthew Boyd and both teams are willing to do the deal if the Braves give up Pache & Kyle Wright in a 2-for-1.

If you are Atlanta, would you do either deal? Which pitcher would you prefer in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by hector olivera? View Post
    So, let's pretend that the Braves are talking to Toronto & Detroit about Stroman and Matthew Boyd and both teams are willing to do the deal if the Braves give up Pache & Kyle Wright in a 2-for-1.

If you are Atlanta, would you do either deal? Which pitcher would you prefer in that case?
    Wright and Pache for Stroman or Boyd. No way. I'm not trading those guys unless I'm getting a super star back.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Wright and Pache for Stroman or Boyd. No way. I'm not trading those guys unless I'm getting a super star back.
    This.

The write up is below:
    I'd do that trade with ease. Wilson is the only guy I'd be sad about losing in that.

Just my opinion...... But I really cant see is parting with a top guy for Mad Bum. Bauer is a little different because theyd have him next year as well. While Id likely part with Wilson as the top spec if Cle would do it, Im torn when it comes to Mad Bum as of today.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast