Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    dont think I am crazy but I wish we could get riley from yall

braves: Mike Minor, Nomar Mazara, and Shawn Kelley

rangers: Austin riley(move him back to 3rd base), ian Anderson , Kolby Allard and another prospect

I dont think the braves would expect that but for the rangers they get a guy that replaces mike minor in the rotation and they can put riley at 3rd base and call calhoun back up to the big to take nomar spot
    No way the Braves would give up Riley and Anderson in that deal. The Braves won't have any interest in Mazara and there are better relievers available than Kelley. The Braves lack 3B options and Riley is their future. Starting pitching is in abundance for Atlanta while hitters are not. Minor's FIP is a full run over his ERA, suggesting some luck. I think the Braves could acquire Minor without giving up their very top guys.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

what would you give for minor then

dont think I am crazy but I wish we could get riley from yall

braves: Mike Minor, Nomar Mazara, and Shawn Kelley

rangers: Austin riley(move him back to 3rd base), ian Anderson , Kolby Allard and another prospect

I dont think the braves would expect that but for the rangers they get a guy that replaces mike minor in the rotation and they can put riley at 3rd base and call calhoun back up to the big to take nomar spot
    That's not realistic at all, Riley alone has more trade value than Minor, and I'm really sure the Braves won't trade Anderson for Minor either.

The Braves will probably be interested in minor, but you have to take into account that his peripherals suggest that he's a good pitcher instead of a very good one.

The price for 1.5 half years of a good pitcher with a modest but important salary is probably a low top 100 prospect at most. So, I might be willing to trade Bryse Wilson straight up for Minor. But that's it.
    Last edited by beldugo; 07-18-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Guessing trade packages is not my strong suit but I would guess Riley, Kyle Wright, Cristian Pache, Drew Waters, and Ian Anderson are basically off the table. The Braves still have plenty of strong arms left like Bryse Wilson, Kolby Allard, Joey Wentz, Kyle Muller, and more. A few of these arms should catch the Rangers attention.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

sorry but the rangers will get a top 50 prospect or they will not trade him come on the rangers got that price u are saying for Darvish when he was a rental I think u are just a fan that does not want to give up good prospect

[
    sorry but the rangers will get a top 50 prospect or they will not trade him come on the rangers got that price u are saying for Darvish when he was a rental I think u are just a fan that does not want to give up good prospect
    Not at all, the Rangers got Calhoun for half a year of Darvish yes, but Darvish had a longer track record and was by all means (except ERA) better than Minor. Darvish at that time was regarded as an ace, I don't think anybody feels that way about Minor. I stand by my offer of Bryse Wilson who is a good prospect, a top 100 guy, so yes I'm okey if the Braves have to give up good prospect, but I'm not okay with them overpaying for Minor.

If that’s the Rangers asking price then Minor will be a Ranger in 2020. The Braves wouldn’t give up their top guys for JT Realmuto. Their not going to trade them for Mike Minor. Minor is a good 3 on a playoff team but he’s no ace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

2019 Vikings Draft :

Honestly at this point it feels like the best trade avenue for us is getting MadBum and Smith. MadBum has been very good for the most part this year. Smith fills an obvious need too. The question is just price for sure.

Would Wilson, Allard and Demeritte get it done? Or maybe Duvall instead of Demeritte? Maybe that price is too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Honestly at this point it feels like the best trade avenue for us is getting MadBum and Smith. MadBum has been very good for the most part this year. Smith fills an obvious need too. The question is just price for sure.

Would Wilson, Allard and Demeritte get it done? Or maybe Duvall instead of Demeritte? Maybe that price is too high?
    I still feel like Greinke should be our guy, I read today that the Dbacks might be willing to pay around 10MM a year to get rid of him if the prospect haul is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I still feel like Greinke should be our guy, I read today that the Dbacks might be willing to pay around 10MM a year to get rid of him if the prospect haul is good enough.
    In that case the Braves would basically owe him a 2 year 50 dollar contract for 2020 and 2021. Actually seems pretty reasonable. So what would we have to give up for 2 and a half years of Grienke plus 20 million dollars.

2019 Vikings Draft :

The Braves were one of 7 teams with a scout watching Stroman tonight.

2019 Vikings Draft :

At this point I don't see the Giants selling MadBum or Smith. They are what 1.5 games out of the wild card? Team is super hot right now and with it being BBs last year I think they just keep him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you are the Giants you have to make a calculated decision. Both Smith and Bum walk at years end and you have zero to show for them (and Bum would probably have to accept a Qualifying Offer, because he is not the guy anymore that teams will pay big dollars to AND give up their top pick).

In reality, the Giants are not a good team. There are too many contend srs for the WC spots in the NL, and I just don't see it happening. Maximize the value and ask for more because it is pushing you out of the race. Stroman and Giles would be nice, but fhe problem w Stroman is he is not a high K guy, and that hurts postseason. Keuchel has struggled in the postseason for the same reason, and we don't need 2 of 3 playoff guys that aren't dominating. Syndergaard, MadBum, Boyd, Hreinke, Bauer are the guys we should be focusing on, prefer not getting rentals for top talent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456