Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Jordan Poole looks smooth and fluid and I like the way he attacks the basket. Defensive lapses considered, if he can become a 38% shooter from 3 in the league, then I like his chances of becoming a starting caliber or 6th man type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    1. Curry/Poole/Bowman
    2. DLo/Evans/Klay
    3. Robinson/McKinnie/Lee
    4. Green/Paschall/Smailagic
    5. WCS/Looney/Jones

Under contract right now. Not too bad really, all things considered.

Enough current talent to compete every night, enough young talent to maybe develop, and enough role players in between. I want to watch that team play.
    Thatís a really young team. I want some additional vets on the wing. Preferably some defenders who can knock down the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Thatís a really young team. I want some additional vets on the wing. Preferably some defenders who can knock down the 3.
    It really is, but there was so much money out there it's better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Does anyone else find it strange that a team would sign a player to a 4 yr max contract with no intention of keeping him on the team? I understand they were in a very very rare situation and they were just making lemonade out of lemons..... actually they found a way to make some decent lemonade out of a bag of rocks.

This was raised in the main forum- If a player is signing a max contract- you have to assume there are multiple teams interested in him. Why would Russell want to allow the warriors to dictate his future? I mean other than getting paid and being recruited.... I would assume thats one of the best parts of being a free agent in pro sports- being able to make your own decision and go down your own path. Even how russell was acquired just wouldnt be the right feel for a max player. The warriors were trying to go all in on a severely injured KD.... and when they didnt happen- they scramble to try and get D Russell. Not that I think russell should feel he is equal to KD- but as a max free agent.... I want to go to a team that wants me to come in and be an impact player..... not just an acquisition to save face and flip down the line.... not what id expect as a max player.

Granted the warriors are a good organization to land with..... but if they are honestly going to move you asap, not sure what difference it makes if they have a good front office. I just dont think it would be getting what a max player should want to accomplish in free agency.

I think it will be interesting to see the De Angelo Russell press conference in a week or so..... LOL compare it to the one they had for KD a few weeks ago.
    There was interest in Russell. His former team was one of them, but Russell wanted to be in Minnesota and teams arenít lining up to trade for Wiggins and his $28M a year contract. Maybe Russell saw this as his only opportunity to get to Minnesota.

I want no part of Wiggins. If DLO and Curry show they can go exist Iíd rather keep him and play Klay at the SF.

Avery Bradley may be on the menu. Not size but some more talent.

No idea who Russell might be traded for, but I've got to believe they are looking at every option. I like him on the Warriors enough to see if he can fit if that's the way they go, but they are almost certainly looking for a size upgrade with that salary slot.

Would you trade Russell for Gordon Hayward?

It looks like the warriors have 1 more spot, pending what they do with Livingston. A few names I would like them to look at are Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson. I would prefer Hollis-Jefferson. I think him and Draymond could be a good defensive front court.... but my lord the shooting up front is gonna be horrendous. The warriors have a glaring hole at the small forward spot because I dont think Glenn Robinson or Alfonso Mickiney should be averaging over 15 minutes a night.

Would you trade Russell for Gordon Hayward?
    I would not.....

Russel is younger, more upside. Kinda reminds me of a developing James Harden.

Also- I wouldnt make a deal with Danny Ainge, Id take Wiggins over Hayward.

Would you take wiggins and a top 3 protected 2020 pick for Russell?

It looks like the warriors have 1 more spot, pending what they do with Livingston. A few names I would like them to look at are Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley Johnson. I would prefer Hollis-Jefferson. I think him and Draymond could be a good defensive front court.... but my lord the shooting up front is gonna be horrendous. The warriors have a glaring hole at the small forward spot because I dont think Glenn Robinson or Alfonso Mickiney should be averaging over 15 minutes a night.
    Johnson is a Raptor.

I'd love Hollis-Jefferson but he's got a lot of options.

I think McKinney and Robinson are interesting but both need to make significant jumps in their games for it to work well.

I would not.....

Russel is younger, more upside. Kinda reminds me of a developing James Harden.

Also- I wouldnt make a deal with Danny Ainge, Id take Wiggins over Hayward.

Would you take wiggins and a top 3 protected 2020 pick for Russell?
    Yeah, but Hayward is a SF, is cheaper, has proven he can play in a team concept offense, and has a longer history of playing well.

I'd rather not have Wiggins who just seems like the sort of player who always disappoints when it matters most.

Justin Holiday is still out there, not that he helps the SF issue.

Something tells me- if warriors still had jerry west, we would have figured out a way to get paul george coming to GS as KD was on his way out. Maybe some type of a 3 team deal with d russell.

Something tells me- if warriors still had jerry west, we would have figured out a way to get paul george coming to GS as KD was on his way out. Maybe some type of a 3 team deal with d russell.
    Not likely. PG wanted LA for years.

RHJ to Raps too.

Not likely. PG wanted LA for years.
    he signed a 4 yr deal in OKC last summer..... Are you saying he had this planned out when he signed there?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast