Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    We should consider tanking. Let curry rest as much as possible. He's put on a lot of Mile's these last 5 years.

Curry
    Klay
    ??
    Green
    ??-

Bulls fan here but I'm curious what you guys think of the DLo trade? Amazing they were able to acquire a valuable asset like DLo. They have options now after the first half the season.

I like the D'Angelo Russell trade but there were other players I would have wanted. Reports say that the Warriors don't intend on keeping Russell and he will be traded sometime before the deadline.

Russell for wiggy wigging is your move. it was rumored to be going down on the twolves end before free agency. im no fan of wiggy but he steps in and is a more athletic and younger iggy.

D'Angelo Russell wanted to sign with the Wolves, to get the most money, he knew it would have to be in a sign and trade deal. With the Nets signing Durant, they probably didn't need a player like Wiggins. I like Wiggins. He's 24 years old and averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds a game and had better years so he has sort of regressed. For me, Thibodeau isn't exactly a coach that is going to put a player in position to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    D'Angelo Russell wanted to sign with the Wolves, to get the most money, he knew it would have to be in a sign and trade deal. With the Nets signing Durant, they probably didn't need a player like Wiggins. I like Wiggins. He's 24 years old and averaging 18 points and 7 rebounds a game and had better years so he has sort of regressed. For me, Thibodeau isn't exactly a coach that is going to put a player in position to succeed.
    If they can flip DLo for Wiggins that would be interesting.

It's funny how happy the press appears to be with the Warriors having to work on their roster, while Warriors fans are happy for the past and excited for the future, and not "down" or "upset". Some Warriors fans became tough to deal with with the winning no question, but most of the ones I talked to were realistic and mostly just waiting for the fall from grace. Let's GO!

This team won with Harrison Barnes and I think Wiggins is a better player. Curry, Thompson, Wiggins and Green would still be a line up that could compete if they can bolster their bench. They may not be a championship caliber team, but they'd be a better team than if they just lost Durant for nothing.

I was hoping they would go with depth on the Durant sign and trade because it was such a glaring need during the Finals. A package with Spencer Dinwiddie, Allen Crabbe, Joe Harris and Rodions Kurucs. Crabbe would have been an $18.7M expiring contract and could have been a trade chip before the deadline, but he probably could have started at the 2.

Does anyone else find it strange that a team would sign a player to a 4 yr max contract with no intention of keeping him on the team? I understand they were in a very very rare situation and they were just making lemonade out of lemons..... actually they found a way to make some decent lemonade out of a bag of rocks.

This was raised in the main forum- If a player is signing a max contract- you have to assume there are multiple teams interested in him. Why would Russell want to allow the warriors to dictate his future? I mean other than getting paid and being recruited.... I would assume thats one of the best parts of being a free agent in pro sports- being able to make your own decision and go down your own path. Even how russell was acquired just wouldnt be the right feel for a max player. The warriors were trying to go all in on a severely injured KD.... and when they didnt happen- they scramble to try and get D Russell. Not that I think russell should feel he is equal to KD- but as a max free agent.... I want to go to a team that wants me to come in and be an impact player..... not just an acquisition to save face and flip down the line.... not what id expect as a max player.

Granted the warriors are a good organization to land with..... but if they are honestly going to move you asap, not sure what difference it makes if they have a good front office. I just dont think it would be getting what a max player should want to accomplish in free agency.

I think it will be interesting to see the De Angelo Russell press conference in a week or so..... LOL compare it to the one they had for KD a few weeks ago.

With Willie Caulie-Stein and Glenn Robinson III to 2 years at more of the vet min = more changes are coming = Jones and Evans may be traded/waived

Quote Originally Posted by GWarrior View Post
    With Willie Caulie-Stein and Glenn Robinson III to 2 years at more of the vet min = more changes are coming = Jones and Evans may be traded/waived
    Im not sure about that..... They do seem to have a good number of centers on the roster.... I would have liked to see them get wilson chandler though. They need a small forward. Hollis Jefferson or Stanley Johnson could be on their way.

Hollis Jefferson would be an excellent pickup

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Im not sure about that..... They do seem to have a good number of centers on the roster.... I would have liked to see them get wilson chandler though. They need a small forward. Hollis Jefferson or Stanley Johnson could be on their way.
    Yeah, Evans is running their summer league team and seems clearly in their plans, and Jones is right there with him. Chandler isn't all that interesting and I think was too expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Hollis Jefferson would be an excellent pickup
    Indeed. Stanley Johnson too.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

so the starting lineup is looking like:

1. Curry
    2. DLo
    3. Evans/McKinnie?
    4. Green
    5. Looney

I would say that's a 3-6 seed type lineup till Klay gets back. At the deadline there will for sure be a 17 mil player like a Favors, Taj, Ariza or carroll up for grabs we could pick up with the iggy exception to help for the final push.

1. Curry/Poole/Bowman
    2. DLo/Evans/Klay
    3. Robinson/McKinnie/Lee
    4. Green/Paschall/Smailagic
    5. WCS/Looney/Jones

Under contract right now. Not too bad really, all things considered.

Enough current talent to compete every night, enough young talent to maybe develop, and enough role players in between. I want to watch that team play.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast