Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,364

    (39-34) Boston Red Sox @ Minnesota Twins (47-23)

    Boston Red Sox @ Minnesota Twins

    Let's keep on going! Twins are very good team but think we can salvage here.

    Game 1: Monday June 17th at 8:10 PM

    Rick Porcello (4-6) – (4.69 ERA)
    Off 6 2/3 innings of two-run ball against the Rangers, Porcello takes a 3.83 ERA in 31 career starts against the Twins to Minnesota on Monday. He's looking for season win No. 5 and to continue improving after a rough start to the year.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jose Berriors (8-2) – (3.01 ERA)
    Berrios has strung together four straight quality starts in a nice recovery from a tough stretch in mid-May, when he allowed nine runs in 10 1/3 innings over two outings. He allowed only a Daniel Vogelbach solo homer in his last start.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Game 2: Tuesday June 18th at 8:10 PM

    David Price (4-2) – (3.52 ERA)
    Price will look to have a short memory when he makes his first start since pitching only 1 1/3 innings last time out. It was a blip on the radar for the lefty, who had just three earned runs in the 24 1/3 innings proceeding the debacle against Texas.

    Michael Pineda (4-3)- (5.04 ERA)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pineda has seen increased velocity on his fastball since his return from the injured list and he used the pitch to spur his best start of the season on Thursday, when he allowed one run and two hits to the powerful Mariners' offense in 5 2/3 innings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game 3: Wednesday June 19th at 8:10 PM

    Eduardo Rodriguez (7-4) – (4.67 ERA)
    Coming off one of his best outings of the season, in which he allowed just one run in seven innings to the Orioles, Rodriguez will look to keep the momentum going facing a Twins club against whom he owns a 3.91 ERA in four career starts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Kyle Gibson (7-3)- 3.70 ERA)

    Gibson was at his best on Friday night against the Royals, when he allowed only a pair of singles in eight shutout innings while he faced one batter over the minimum in his longest start of the season. The right-hander has a 3.02 ERA in eight starts since May 3.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    624
    No complaining today I see...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    No complaining today I see...
    6 Game winning streak and this forum is dead. I think everyone gave up on the Sox . Not me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    11,496
    17 innings and they somehow find a way to lose. I’m not surprised this is why this forum is dead.

    Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

  5. #5
    Top of 14th: Bases loaded, 0 outs, and they get 0 runs. That's all I got to say

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    Top of 14th: Bases loaded, 0 outs, and they get 0 runs. That's all I got to say
    Why don't you join the team and hit home runs in situations like that? It's really easy to criticize when you've never made it beyond tee-ball.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    Why don't you join the team and hit home runs in situations like that? It's really easy to criticize when you've never made it beyond tee-ball.
    I've played baseball for 10 years. They had 3 batters and not one of them could get it out of the infield? The red sox are next to last in leaving runners in scoring position per game.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    I've played baseball for 10 years. They had 3 batters and not one of them could get it out of the infield? The red sox are next to last in leaving runners in scoring position per game.
    The fact that you never made varsity explains your lack of knowledge.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    The fact that you never made varsity explains your lack of knowledge.
    This post makes no sense. It does show your complete naivity to the red Sox lack of production in those situations.

  10. #10
    Bogaerts came through. They have 2nd and 3rd, no outs. I hope they prove me wrong here

  11. #11
    Thankfully they did. That's what they should have done last night

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    Thankfully they did. That's what they should have done last night
    They should win every game of the season with that logic, but it doesn't work that way.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    They should win every game of the season with that logic, but it doesn't work that way.
    I understand that. There's a difference in hitting a sac fly in the 1st compared to the 9th, 10th, or whatever inning when the game is on the line. There's no pressure in the early innings. They need more of a cut throat mentality instead of being patient and getting stuck In the hole 0-2 then striking out towards the end of games when they have a chance to win it.

    Happens more often than not it seems. I also realize other teams do the same but I don't care about those teams

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,328
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    I understand that. There's a difference in hitting a sac fly in the 1st compared to the 9th, 10th, or whatever inning when the game is on the line. There's no pressure in the early innings. They need more of a cut throat mentality instead of being patient and getting stuck In the hole 0-2 then striking out towards the end of games when they have a chance to win it.

    Happens more often than not it seems. I also realize other teams do the same but I don't care about those teams
    Perhaps baseball isn’t the sport for you. It doesn’t seem like you can appreciate that even the best teams and players fail often.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •