Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    You know how easy it will be to dump one of those guys for a 2024 2nd round draft pick haha?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So easy... we’re already right there, Max slot, been talking about it on our forum. It’s going to be good if we get you know who..

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    So easy... we’re already right there, Max slot, been talking about it on our forum. It’s going to be OVER if we get you know who..

That would be too perfect. I'm still rooting for Klay.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Bobby Marks reveals Lakers projected $32.5M in salary cap space if Davis's deal is pu

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    AD and LeBron (assuming AD waives the trade kicker which is not a certainty) are at $64.5M

Deng counts $5M

Wagner, Kuzma, Bonga, and Jones are under contract for a total of $5.9

That's 6 players for $75.4M

9 players reserved minimums is $8.1

That totals $83.5M

$109M - $83.5M = $25,5M

IF they somehow trade Wagner, Bonga, and Jones and take nothing back they gain a whole $2.3M and have a 3 player roster and STILL don't have enough to sign a veteran max contract.

And, until it happens, AD's trade kicker is still out there at $4M off the top.
    How? Break it down for me.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L01uWI3Tq8

32.5Mil
    Last edited by Dade County; 06-16-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Lakers have 24 or 27 something million left so the more practical starters would be (assuming they take less)

Jimmy or
    Tobias or
    Middleton

So probably resign Rondo for less, then Jimmy or Tobias or Khris and Kuz Bron AD plus decent rotation players.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Exactly which is why it was imperative to keep Kuzma.
    yup the money does fit... also he will over perform with bron/AD... You could just wait till his stock sky rockets and trade him if you need depth.

No. You can't sign other team's free agents and go over the cap. You can re-sign your own free agents and go over.
    Ok so essentially they could use whatever cap space they have to sign a free agent, and then go over the cap by retaining guys like Bulock, Rondo, Lance, KCP, maybe even MCGee. Not all but a couple of em anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Ok so essentially they could use whatever cap space they have to sign a free agent, and then go over the cap by retaining guys like Bulock, Rondo, Lance, KCP, maybe even MCGee. Not all but a couple of em anyway.
    yup.... also kuzma could be used as a trade piece to get a star in a sign and trade so that star gets a max.... example.... butler wants a max or kemba wants the max and are leaving anyway then the lakers could just call up and dangle kuzma to either of those teams and a sign and trade can happen and now the lakers could get their 3rd superstar if that superstar wants a full max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Thank you

I can honestly say there is 0 chance the celtics had of beating that offer without destroying their entire future... that is an insane amount of **** to send to 1 team... tatum wasnt going to get it done... It would have been tatum/Brown and 3 first rounders in all honesty which is nuts for a guy we all knew was leaving.

i cant even blame ainge for this one... if he had a lebron then yes doing this would have been ideal which is why the lakers did and should have taken the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup the money does fit... also he will over perform with bron/AD... You could just wait till his stock sky rockets and trade him if you need depth.
    Exactly. We kept a piece that is still coveted, I don't like Kuz but I know many teams would. He'd net us something solid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Exactly. We kept a piece that is still coveted, I don't like Kuz but I know many teams would. He'd net us something solid as well.
    I don't think Kuzma is going anywhere. I think he will be our 6th man

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    yea lonzo defense would be amazing for you guys but keeping him kind of limits lebron a bit... keeping kuz a shooter who can score in bunches even though his defense his bad will fit perfectly with AD inside and lebron walking the ball up.... You cant double lebron and AD now... i feel like kuz will be in another type of deal either now or at the deadline if the lakers are smart... Hell if I am the lakers and i bring in a kemba I am offering kuz to the clippers for the rights to beverely and signing him... Now that would cost a **** ton over the cap but i am sure that sign and trade can happen i believe with PB being a free agent just so you guys could sign him while over the cap... I could be wrong though.... If you guys really want a championship id covet a butler over a kemba TBH and then id ship kuz out for the rights to PB.... that team would be nuts....

lebron
    AD
    Butler
    PB
    Fillers

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No, they can't do that. All those players have cap holds that must be renounced in order to reclaim that cap space. After the cap space is used up, they would only be able to use the room exception (about $4.5M) or vets minimum exception to bring back any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    I don't think Kuzma is going anywhere. I think he will be our 6th man

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    We sign another max guy we basically have a 3-man team with no depth. Kuz will have to start.

Now I know laker fans wont like this though but what is going around on reddit is this is nash/howard risky for the lakers and honestly that is scary as ****.... If Lebron gets injured or declines this year and the lakers under perform AD will walk... If AD gets injured and lebron declines my god.... this takes a massive set of balls in my opinion because if this year doesnt end with a finals appearance or finals win its a bust and that could be down right disastrous for a decade plus for the lakers.

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast