Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 474
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Klay outplayed Curry in the 2019 finals. On both ends of the court.

    Klay: 26ppg, 54%FG, 59%3PT, 5rbpg, 2apg, 1topg, 0.8stlpg, 68.2 eFG%, 70.6TS%
    Curry: 30ppg, 41%FG, 34%3PT, 5rbpg, 6apg, 3topg, 1.5stlpg, 50.4eFG%, 59.8TS%

    Faaaaar more efficient. It's like night and day, and that's WITH Curry getting 10 free throws a game. Curry also had a worse NET rtg at -4.4. Worse turnover ratio with Steph at 8 something and Klay at 5 something. This is all with Steph performing inconsistently and one game inflating his stats. Klay was far more consistent.

    Their Sportvu defensive metrics are about even, but if we consider that Klay guarded better players while Curry was hidden on brickshot Danny Green the entire series, I'd argue Klay was better on defense overall. The specific numbers reflect that though they're nearly even - Steph's defensive metrics are inflated at the 3-point line (-9.8) because Green was bricking, whereas Klay obliterated him everywhere else on the court defensively and was consistent everywhere.

    No matter what any pro-Steph fan want to argue, Klay was objectively better statistically in the finals. And since we're 5 finals in for GS and Steph has yet to indisputably be the best player in the series, I'm not willing to throw statistics in the trash just because 'zOmG hIs GrAvItY iS iNcReDiBlE!!!'
    Gosh dammit Vee-Rex!!!!!!!

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17,670
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, omg man, you guys really don't understand this team. Klay and Curry have completely different roles. At the end of the day, Klay and Dray play a role, curry is a system.

    There were games where Draymond was better than Curry. There were games where Klay shot better than Curry. But curry was the best player this series and it wasn't really close. It's too bad he bricked that **** at the end of game 6, you really missed how great a game he had.

    His first 2 finals he was indisputably the best player on the warriors, lol, where you even getting this stuff from?
    Lmfao!!!! You may be confused with the fact that yes curry is the best player but he has not performed as the best player in the finals. He did not perform better than Klay in the finals this year and arguably Draymond who almost averaged a triple double and played far better defense.

    ON3 LAST DANC3

    R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Klay outplayed Curry in the 2019 finals. On both ends of the court.

    Klay: 26ppg, 54%FG, 59%3PT, 5rbpg, 2apg, 1topg, 0.8stlpg, 68.2 eFG%, 70.6TS%
    Curry: 30ppg, 41%FG, 34%3PT, 5rbpg, 6apg, 3topg, 1.5stlpg, 50.4eFG%, 59.8TS%

    Faaaaar more efficient. It's like night and day, and that's WITH Curry getting 10 free throws a game. Curry also had a worse NET rtg at -4.4. Worse turnover ratio with Steph at 8 something and Klay at 5 something. This is all with Steph performing inconsistently and one game inflating his stats. Klay was far more consistent.

    Their Sportvu defensive metrics are about even, but if we consider that Klay guarded better players while Curry was hidden on brickshot Danny Green the entire series, I'd argue Klay was better on defense overall. The specific numbers reflect that though they're nearly even - Steph's defensive metrics are inflated at the 3-point line (-9.8) because Green was bricking, whereas Klay obliterated him everywhere else on the court defensively and was consistent everywhere.

    No matter what any pro-Steph fan want to argue, Klay was objectively better statistically in the finals. And since we're 5 finals in for GS and Steph has yet to indisputably be the best player in the series, I'm not willing to throw statistics in the trash just because 'zOmG hIs GrAvItY iS iNcReDiBlE!!!'
    You do realize Curry was chucking up 70 + footers multiple times per game throughout the finals right?

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,895
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    They're all home grown drafted and grown, why does anyone care to hold one down to prop the other up? lol

    Depends on the roster, if we have this finals roster next season then not even Micheal Jordan would be expected to lead them to a top seed so I don't really know what your comment is supposed to mean..

    A 4 5 seed should be fine.
    I think some of these dudes are legitimately obsessed and jealous of Steph Curry.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, omg man, you guys really don't understand this team. Klay and Curry have completely different roles. At the end of the day, Klay and Dray play a role, curry is a system.
    Oh I know Curry is the system. I know good and well how and why he is. He is a better player than Klay and Dray - for sure, there's no question about that. However, that does not mean he is performing the best on the Warriors each and every series. That's the distinction I'm making.

    If you disagree, let me ask you this hypothetical: If Curry goes 0/20 every game in a 7 game series - does that still means he outplayed his teammates and had a better performance ~just because he's still the system~?

    The obvious answer is No. And this is the loophole Curry-dites give him when he plays badly. Just because you're the system or main focal point or best player on team doesn't mean you're the best player in a given series. And in the 2019 NBA Finals, Klay outperformed Steph.

    Steph has a real consistency issue that is being overlooked. Arguably he was the best performer on the 2015 team - but it's not conclusive/indisputable. Iguodala won MVP as a result of his own play and Steph's getting locked down by Delly in half the series.

    But even if you were to say Steph was the best on his team in the 2015 finals - he CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2016 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2017 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2018 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2019 finals. That's a lot of finals performances (4/5) where you can definitively say he wasn't the best performer on his team.

    This is the truth and something that cannot simply be ignored when discussing Steph's all-time status/ranking.

    Edit: Dudes will castrate and prosecute LeBron for not being the best player on his team in the 2011 Finals vs. the Mavs, yet is it not fair to bring up Curry's similar issues?
    Last edited by Vee-Rex; 06-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.


  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When Kaly was on the floor he is was better. They even went to the triangle and two
    When Klay was on the floor he wasnt the focal point of our offense or torontos defense. He was a shooter.




    Box + 1!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    You do realize Curry was chucking up 70 + footers multiple times per game throughout the finals right?
    Do you know how many?

    Why don't you find that information and do the math, see how much of a difference it makes in his TS% (ftr - i can find that information but I'm not going to do the work for you). I guarantee Klay's TS% and efficiency would still be much higher. If you want ME to do the work then I'll do it as long as you're willing to concede the point when you're proven wrong.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.


  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Lmfao!!!! You may be confused with the fact that yes curry is the best player but he has not performed as the best player in the finals. He did not perform better than Klay in the finals this year and arguably Draymond who almost averaged a triple double and played far better defense.
    lollll!

    You guys are savage!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I think some of these dudes are legitimately obsessed and jealous of Steph Curry.
    I think a lot is to do with the fact that he's undersized, under strength. You can see a guy like kd just over length the guy in front of him and just beat him, LeBron over power, its easy to see. But curry plays within a team, so people don't seem to actually understand what role he plays on this team and what he's actually doing on the floor and what the effect of that is. I think people are just so used to stats or drive and kick to a shooter, and our offense is so diff.

    So they don't really understand what it is they are actually watching, kinda, lol
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Oh I know Curry is the system. I know good and well how and why he is. He is a better player than Klay and Dray - for sure, there's no question about that. However, that does not mean he is performing the best on the Warriors each and every series. That's the distinction I'm making.

    If you disagree, let me ask you this hypothetical: If Curry goes 0/20 every game in a 7 game series - does that still means he outplayed his teammates and had a better performance ~just because he's still the system~?

    The obvious answer is No. And this is the loophole Curry-dites give him when he plays badly. Just because you're the system or main focal point or best player on team doesn't mean you're the best player in a given series. And in the 2019 NBA Finals, Klay outperformed Steph.

    Steph has a real consistency issue that is being overlooked. Arguably he was the best performer on the 2015 team - but it's not conclusive/indisputable. Iguodala won MVP as a result of his own play and Steph's getting locked down by Delly in half the series.

    But even if you were to say Steph was the best on his team in the 2015 finals - he CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2016 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2017 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2018 finals. He CERTAINLY wasn't the best performer on his team in the 2019 finals. That's a lot of finals performances (4/5) where you can definitively say he wasn't the best performer on his team.

    This is the truth and something that cannot simply be ignored when discussing Steph's all-time status/ranking.

    Edit: Dudes will castrate and prosecute LeBron for not being the best player on his team in the 2011 Finals vs. the Mavs, yet is it not fair to bring up Curry's similar issues?
    LeBron and Wade played flip the coin in Miami. Golden state doesn't do that.

    Curry was far and away the best performer in the warriors in 2019 finals. Draymond had 1-2 better games, but they were just great ****in games too. Klay had better shooting nights.

    Let's put it this way. Game 6 if curry goes out with injury and not Klay, the games pretty much gonna be lost from that point moving forward. Curry was able to give us a shot at the end.

    Curry creates shots for guys like Quinn Cook, Andrew bogut, Alphonso mckinnie, if the warriors are good it's because curry is good. Klay doesn't do that. Nor was he asked to. He was asked to remain the shooter he's always been.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I think a lot is to do with the fact that he's undersized, under strength. You can see a guy like kd just over length the guy in front of him and just beat him, LeBron over power, its easy to see. But curry plays within a team, so people don't seem to actually understand what role he plays on this team and what he's actually doing on the floor and what the effect of that is. I think people are just so used to stats or drive and kick to a shooter, and our offense is so diff.

    So they don't really understand what it is they are actually watching, kinda, lol
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.


  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    lol, Seth be smackin em tho!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, Seth be smackin em tho!
    Yah that's true lol
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.


  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,037
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    LeBron and Wade played flip the coin in Miami. Golden state doesn't do that.

    Curry was far and away the best performer in the warriors in 2019 finals. Draymond had 1-2 better games, but they were just great ****in games too. Klay had better shooting nights.

    Let's put it this way. Game 6 if curry goes out with injury and not Klay, the games pretty much gonna be lost from that point moving forward. Curry was able to give us a shot at the end.

    Curry creates shots for guys like Quinn Cook, Andrew bogut, Alphonso mckinnie, if the warriors are good it's because curry is good. Klay doesn't do that. Nor was he asked to. He was asked to remain the shooter he's always been.
    huh? LeBron James has always, and I mean ALWAYS, had to be the best player on the floor for his team to win a series. Not once has he been bailed out of playing subpar for an entire series. VeeRex is right, we just kill him for that series, though it may be because when you get on the Jordan argument level, and run out of things to nitpick, you go after the one blemish there is.

    Curry has had plenty of series where for whatever reason, he just wasn't dominant, and his inconsistencies have always plagued him. But most players are like that, which is why it's so hard to climb into top 10 ever.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    huh? LeBron James has always, and I mean ALWAYS, had to be the best player on the floor for his team to win a series. Not once has he been bailed out of playing subpar for an entire series. VeeRex is right, we just kill him for that series, though it may be because when you get on the Jordan argument level, and run out of things to nitpick, you go after the one blemish there is.

    Curry has had plenty of series where for whatever reason, he just wasn't dominant, and his inconsistencies have always plagued him. But most players are like that, which is why it's so hard to climb into top 10 ever.
    What I meant by that comment is that lebron and Wade is a diff comparison because they both essentially played the same role (at least in regards to x's and o's) in Miami. Klay curry is a diff comparison because they play completely diff roles on the team. If Klay is hot, Curry's job is to search him out and get him looks. If Curry's is hot, it is up to him to search his own shot out within the movement of the offense. They play very diff roles in our system.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •