Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 474
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Depends. If you think he is on his way to being a top 15 player, you overrate him. If you think he will end up a top 30 player all time, you are probably right. Greatest shooter in history, amazing passer, and stretches the offense like Shaq did when he is hitting. But he is a liability on defense in many matchups, and has either had bad luck (injuries), or had some rocky quarters in big spots, as well as HUGE quarters/moments in others, in the playoffs. 3 rings, 2 MVPs, most prolific shooter ever. Not a bad career...
    Word of the day is ďabsurd.Ē Itís absurd to put the number 30 anywhere near Curry except for his jersey number.

    If you wanna says heís not a top 19 guy, ok, all those guys are great all time guys. But you cannot reasonably give me 29 players better than Steph all time. When itís all said and done heíll be a top 20 guy and thereís nothing crazy about invisioning him top 15. Can you reasonably name 25 players better than Curry right now? Iíll wait and Iím pretty sure you ďwont have time,Ē or ďdonít care toĒ, rather than difinitively give me 25-30 guys better.

    The fact that you said ďend upĒ 30 means you donít even rank him there now lol

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,035
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Define "a lot of effort."

    He ran from Fred VanVleet.
    Unless you're Steph Curry or Damian Lillard, it is not possible to be ran away from from 40 ft out

    Someone should teach you basketball
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27,035
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Word of the day is ďabsurd.Ē Itís absurd to put the number 30 anywhere near Curry except for his jersey number.

    If you wanna says heís not a top 19 guy, ok, all those guys are great all time guys. But you cannot reasonably give me 29 players better than Steph all time. When itís all said and done heíll be a top 20 guy and thereís nothing crazy about invisioning him top 15. Can you reasonably name 25 players better than Curry right now? Iíll wait and Iím pretty sure you ďwont have time,Ē or ďdonít care toĒ, rather than difinitively give me 25-30 guys better.

    The fact that you said ďend upĒ 30 means you donít even rank him there now lol
    How could anyone even say where he is all time? Lebrons like 5 years older and even he can still add to his legacy and add rings.

    Prob gotta wait for someone to retire before ranking them.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    10,895
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    How could anyone even say where he is all time? Lebrons like 5 years older and even he can still add to his legacy and add rings.

    Prob gotta wait for someone to retire before ranking them.
    Yes. To place a definitive on a guy is shortsighted especially since itís subjective anyways. But individuals can create their own lists and it would be interesting to see what 29 guys people rank a better than Curry.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I find the idea that you think its absurd, absurd.

    The game has defined rules and you can only get so good at the core skills. If you are an all-time great at both ends it's a matter of common sense that you are probably better than someone who excels at half the job.
    Once again you are doing weird Defense math + Plus offense math = better than someone.

    To you, a person who brings literally more value than someone else is not as valuable because they don't bring it on both the defensive and offensive sides of the ball.

    I've no time for "common sense" that tells me Kobe Bryant was a more impactful player than Magic Johnson because Johnson didn't play great D. Which is the equivalent of what you're saying. In fact, I find the idea of your common sense to be pretty moronic.
    Last edited by valade16; 06-17-2019 at 09:44 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    28,170
    Literally the greatest shooter of all time, and he's overrated?



    spicy takes
    Rand University



    Rocky Top youíll always be
    Home sweet home to me
    Good olí Rocky Top
    Rocky Top Tennessee

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,917
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    he had a monster quarter. I'm also pretty sure they lost the series and the Lakers won the title that year
    yeah cuz that guys defensive shortcomings didn't matter

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,917
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He wanted to guard the spot up shooter. That's not really an excuse I'm just explaining to you what it is you're watching because you don't seem to understand.
    its actually high basketball IQ to communicate that switch, dude was valuing the possession in a Finals game, how dare he

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,917
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Once again you are doing weird Defense math + Plus offense math = better than someone.

    To you, a person who brings literally more value than someone else is not as valuable because they don't bring it on both the defensive and offensive sides of the ball.

    I've no time for "common sense" that tells me Kobe Bryant was a more impactful player than Magic Johnson because Johnson didn't play great D. Which is the equivalent of what you're saying. In fact, I find the idea of your common sense to be pretty moronic.
    imo, the defensive math doesn't come close to garnering this 50/50 proposition. its not literally half the game, its prolly more like 30% of the game in most cases.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    its actually high basketball IQ to communicate that switch, dude was valuing the possession in a Finals game, how dare he


    you are the best. He was Shook... vanvleet put him on skates all series bruh

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    44,917
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post


    you are the best. He was Shook... vanvleet put him on skates all series bruh
    hence the switch? im sure the guy who put up 45 in a solo Finals game was shook.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    hence the switch? im sure the guy who put up 45 in a solo Finals game was shook.
    scared to death... my man was screaming out for help lmfao... him scoring 45 is all offense and its his game... him defending at the very end of a game? he didnt want the kyrie thing to hit him hard like it did before.... my man was scared. KD would have shut that **** down and you know it.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    39,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    yeah cuz that guys defensive shortcomings didn't matter

    Was he finals MVP that year? My memory seems to be going


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    103,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Super. View Post
    Literally the greatest shooter of all time, and he's overrated?



    spicy takes
    If basketball was just shooting many guys would be super elite amirite?

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    39,869
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If basketball was just shooting many guys would be super elite amirite?
    You are always right [emoji3]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •