Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nope. I wouldnt have PG13 in my top 10 i dont think... that is my point from the posts above... you can be so great offensively that you can easily overcome the sad defense you bring but when you are talking about the superstars and not just stars the offense you bring if you are curry wont put you above players like Lebron/KL/Giannis/Embiid/Durant.... The other difference is the team help curry has around him.... Imagine if Durant didnt have to guard a lebron james all series... Or imagine if Joel didnt have to cover the entire paint and go beyond the perimeter and use a ton of his energy on defense and could just stand outside and guard the greens of the world who dont move... Same with Cousins and KL.... we seen how the cavs came back from 1-3 and how much of a difference durant made for curry in the first half he played in the finals in 1 game... when you attack curry on offense and make him exert energy on defense the warriors are a much easier team to beat and expose... Durant stops that from happening as does the rest of their all world defenders.... Curry has had 3 of the best defenders in the world on his team even before durant got there.... imagine being on the court with a durant/iggy/klay/dray and you are forced to guard green lol

Also before the trolls come out... I would still have curry over Joel because Joel is a stupid basketball player still and because of his injuries but curry would not be ahead of giannis/KL/Lebron/Durant... In fact my top 10 would go something like this

Durant
    KL
    Giannis
    Lebron
    Harden
    Curry
    Embiid/Jokic
    Jokic/Embiid
    Pg13/Butler/Klay or somebody i am clearly forgetting who is great

There are guys on that list in Jokic/Curry/harden/lebron that severely lack defense compared to a joel/klay/butler/pg13 but their offense gives them the nudge ahead because of how great those guys are offensively.
    I like your list though I'd swap Curry with Harden. I like Kawhi/Durant/LeBron/Giannis in any particular order, with Curry rounding out that group at #5.
    Believe the hype. The Baker has come.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I'll help you fellas out and post a video from this week on this topic from a person who makes you look like the ant you are Wade03. I will let you know that everybody who bets and understands this game at the highest levels understands that Curry is the most dangerous player in the league, period.

I was going to go in on you and make a detailed post highlighting these playoff, but honestly you do not deserve that energy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk

^Educate yourself.
    Return of the Mac! Once again
    Return of the Mac! Ooh ooh yeah

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't measure someone's homerism as a point against how I value a player. I don't think any less of Embiid because MTM thinks he's a Top 3 player in the league and I don't think less of D-Rob because you think he's as good as Dream.
    Numbers say he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    No but I know he would if given the opportunity. Does that not count for something?
    😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Numbers say he is.
    Playoff numbers say he isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    No, I'm sure we agree on that. But in your previous statement you said good on both ends which is pretty broad. How good? Some of the top players have been elite on both and there isnt a one I'd consider curry over. He is smart but easily bullied on the other end and doesnt have the body to be a versatile defender.
    Use whatever descriptor you want. Great on both ends. You could still have a player not great at both ends who is better than a player who is great at both ends because they provide more value.

The idea that you can't be better because you are not a 2 way player is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The effect of him stretching the defense due to range is massively overstated here. Having to guard him deep and having to guard Kover or Lillard almost as deep really doesn't make much a difference. The fact that you can him give no air space and both defenders almost always look to jump the screener sets up a lot of backdoor chances/gets the defense out of position and awful lot. Same with guys running to Curry at 3 point line in a scramble and leaving "their guy". Bottom is when the defense has to commit multiple guys to cover you it get guys open. Curry might do it in a different way but its hardly a new thing
    I think it's a lil diff in golden state because of our personnel, because of greens ability we can legit set picks 4-5 ft past 3 which almost no one else can legit do on a regular basis. If Lillard does that no one cares if nurkic or turner gets the ball on the run 25 ft away. Our personnel let's us run it way more efficient
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by DanG View Post
    I don't think he's overrated, had Curry won this Raptors series
    He didn't tho. He and his team played good enough to win for 47 minutes and 50 seconds, and he bricked a open *** 3. There is no what if, either you win or lose and we lost cuz curry the greatest shooter ever couldn't hit a wide open 3.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Use whatever descriptor you want. Great on both ends. You could still have a player not great at both ends who is better than a player who is great at both ends because they provide more value.

The idea that you can't be better because you are not a 2 way player is absurd.
    I find the idea that you think its absurd, absurd.

The game has defined rules and you can only get so good at the core skills. If you are an all-time great at both ends it's a matter of common sense that you are probably better than someone who excels at half the job.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He didn't tho. He and his team played good enough to win for 47 minutes and 50 seconds, and he bricked a open *** 3. There is no what if, either you win or lose and we lost cuz curry the greatest shooter ever couldn't hit a wide open 3.
    Interesting you bring up his supporting caste bc I think they cover for one of his bigger holes that doesnít not get mentioned. Curry is not great at pushing the pace. He is a heck of a weapon on the break bc of shooting but most great point guards create pace. That is largely Greens job. He is also not a great at directing in the half court and is lucky to have green and an ISO weapon like KD. He really isnít great in traditional pg areas. He is a great great scorer and the only flaw he has there is his ability to stare down a set defense. I will give him credit for improving both as a half court QB and as a go to scorer. Still he has his weaknesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Depends. If you think he is on his way to being a top 15 player, you overrate him. If you think he will end up a top 30 player all time, you are probably right. Greatest shooter in history, amazing passer, and stretches the offense like Shaq did when he is hitting. But he is a liability on defense in many matchups, and has either had bad luck (injuries), or had some rocky quarters in big spots, as well as HUGE quarters/moments in others, in the playoffs. 3 rings, 2 MVPs, most prolific shooter ever. Not a bad career...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Interesting you bring up his supporting caste bc I think they cover for one of his bigger holes that doesnít not get mentioned. Curry is not great at pushing the pace. He is a heck of a weapon on the break bc of shooting but most great point guards create pace. That is largely Greens job. He is also not a great at directing in the half court and is lucky to have green and an ISO weapon like KD. He really isnít great in traditional pg areas. He is a great great scorer and the only flaw he has there is his ability to stare down a set defense. I will give him credit for improving both as a half court QB and as a go to scorer. Still he has his weaknesses

True, but those are kinda effects of being such a great shooter and off ball player too, like why push the pace when you can have guys fan out and find open shots, or why direct on the half court when you can just keep working through screens and let your guys direct.

He's not a go to scorer. Not yet. He's a scorer, but he needs to hit shots like at the end of game 6. That's what a go to scorer does.

I brought his team up because decimated as we were, incomplete as we were, hobbled as we were, we played good enough for 47 and a half minutes, curry was ****in incredible for 47 and a half minutes, and just flushed it all down the toilet in the last 10 seconds. He's a team player and his greatness will only ever be realized in a team situation because he has weaknesses.
    Last edited by nastynice; 06-17-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Not all the great players were great defenders and you can't discount 2 of Curry's rings because he played with greatness. No one player wins a ring on his own. Jordan needed Pippen and Rodman. Kobe needed Shaq. Lebron, Wade and Bosh needed each other. Lebron then needed Love and Irving back in Cleveland. Duncan needed Ginobli and Parker. And the list can go on.

To all those who keep talking about Curry's defense, or lack thereof..I'm curious to see what you think of Harden. Where would he rank in your book? Because Harden doesn't even try to play defense 80% of the time. Not saying Curry is a great or even good defender, but just saying how bad Harden is at it. Curry puts a lot of effort in to playing defense and he maybe no Gary Payton, be he's also far from James Harden either.
    Last edited by WestCoastSportz; 06-17-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Define "a lot of effort."

He ran from Fred VanVleet.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    True, but those are kinda effects of being such a great shooter and off ball player too, like why push the pace when you can have guys fan out and find open shots, or why direct on the half court when you can just keep working through screens and let your guys direct.

He's not a go to scorer. Not yet. He's a scorer, but he needs to hit shots like at the end of game 6. That's what a go to scorer does.

I brought his team up because decimated as we were, incomplete as we were, hobbled as we were, we played good enough for 47 and a half minutes, curry was ****in incredible for 47 and a half minutes, and just flushed it all down the toilet in the last 10 seconds. He's a team player and his greatness will only ever be realized in a team situation because he has weaknesses.
    War is peace, freedom is slavery

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast