Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Is Steph Curry one of the most overrated players ever?

Will post more when I get the chance but tre wanted the thread made so here it is. He has 3 rings, 2 don’t really even count because it was the most stacked team ever by a wide margin with KD leading the way. The first came thanks to Love and Kyrie injuries. Always underperforms but he’ll have a game or 2 every year in the finals that inflate the **** out of his underperforming numbers. He was facing elimination in his last ever game at oracle and was outplayed/outscored by FVV and was shaking in his boots defensively asking for Livingston to switch on FVV.

Just absolutely blasphemous and embarrassing. Ive seen people list him top 15 or even higher, it’s just not close to the truth. He’s the best shooter ever, great playmaker and balhandler but not special anywhere else and his defense is terrible.

I think Iverson is most overrated probably but it’s definitely up for debate now. Iverson wouldn’t run from FVV. As Lillard said to Westbrook in their series when Westbrook wouldn’t guard Lillard....”why the **** you running from this *** whoopin?”

ON3 LAST DANC3

R. Johnson#3 Inv3stm3nt Prop3rti3s, LLC. Wh3r3 Champions Ar3 Born!

The calm before the storm....

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

So ur saying hes 18th best instead of 14th?

Completely agree with OP

So he’s a top all time player but just not top 10 good? Sucks for him.

Scottie's rings still count. I think he's definitely topped Scottie as the best beta ever

So how is he overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    Will post more when I get the chance but tre wanted the thread made so here it is. He has 3 rings, 2 don’t really even count because it was the most stacked team ever by a wide margin with KD leading the way. The first came thanks to Love and Kyrie injuries. Always underperforms but he’ll have a game or 2 every year in the finals that inflate the **** out of his underperforming numbers. He was facing elimination in his last ever game at oracle and was outplayed/outscored by FVV and was shaking in his boots defensively asking for Livingston to switch on FVV.

Just absolutely blasphemous and embarrassing. Ive seen people list him top 15 or even higher, it’s just not close to the truth. He’s the best shooter ever, great playmaker and balhandler but not special anywhere else and his defense is terrible.

I think Iverson is most overrated probably but it’s definitely up for debate now. Iverson wouldn’t run from FVV. As Lillard said to Westbrook in their series when Westbrook wouldn’t guard Lillard....”why the **** you running from this *** whoopin?”
    So I pretty much disagree with everything you just posted, but I will focus on only one part that literally the opposite of what you said is true. Curry does not have one great game to inflate his numbers, he has one bad/terrible game that make his overall numbers look much worse than his overall series impact.

In the 2017 finals Curry averaged 26.8 points, 8 rebounds, 9.4 assists. In game 4 he had 14 points, 5rebounds, 10 assists. Those 14 points brought his points totals down a bit and before that game he was flirting with averaging a triple double in the finals. That was a great finals for Curry, but game 4 hurt his overall numbers.

In the 2018 finals Curry averaged 27.5 points, 6 rebounds, 6.8 assists. We all remember game 3 where he had 11 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists. This game dropped his point total immensely as it was only a 4 game series. Without this game Curry averages in the 30s somewhere and is easily FMVP.

I'm with Aman.... I'm just waiting for Tre to come back here
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    I'm with Aman.... I'm just waiting for Tre to come back here

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I don't think he's overrated.

I do think some people get so caught up slobbering all over his golden knob that they don't acknowledge his flaws.

He can be criticized and SHOULD be since we do it to every other player.

I say yes also. The top guys shouldnt be so frequently picked on defensively. There is no level of offensive ability imo that makes up that difference.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

this is going to be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I say yes also. The top guys shouldnt be so frequently picked on defensively. There is no level of offensive ability imo that makes up that difference.
    I'm curious where you rank Magic and Bird.

My answer is no btw but i'll chime in later if i feel the need to.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast