Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    His age hurts his total value, but the control and contract make him pretty valuable. I'd say a few good prospects from a team in the hunt.
    What does 0.0 round to out at 2^32 -1? Can you be more precise please.

His age hurts his total value, but the control and contract make him pretty valuable. I'd say a few good prospects from a team in the hunt.
    Age shouldn't be as much of a factor since he's not making much money, and won't over the last 3 years, he's still in his prime.
    The question for a team when valuing any player really comes down to years of control and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Age shouldn't be as much of a factor since he's not making much money, and won't over the last 3 years, he's still in his prime.
    The question for a team when valuing any player really comes down to years of control and cost.
    I know, but his age makes him at the beginning stages of a likely decline. You are getting ages 30, 31, and 32. Pitchers start their decline around 26/27
    https://blogs.fangraphs.com/pitcher-...and-relievers/

And it starts to get steep around 30/31

Age does matter when acquiring players.

The NL Central will make this month interesting, because it's so tightly packed, that if some teams have a bad stretch it could determine if they are buyers or sellers.
    Wow! You went out on a limb with that prediction.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Wow! You went out on a limb with that prediction.
    It's the only division like this where nearly the whole division could be buyers or sellers at the end of the month.

Considering how much they spent this offseason if the Phillies have a rough month and fall out of it, would they consider selling?

Considering how much they spent this offseason if the Phillies have a rough month and fall out of it, would they consider selling?
    They banked on their young starting pitchers improving, didnít work. They had I think like 8 RP get hurt before the end of June and a few being season ending I believe. One of their key FA pieces was playing well (the offense was clicking with him as the lead off guy) and he is out for the year.

The biggest mistake was not addressing a staring pitcher or two. The offense being the way it is is on the players themselves as this offense should still be incredible.

I wouldnít mind them selling to be honest though. Iíd contemplate moving JT and maybe Segura. I think Sixto Sanchez is going to be fantastic so a little salty in the trade for JT even though JTs been great defensively and ok offensively.

They may sell but probably not a fire sale. Neris, Segura, JT are the only major guys I could see them moving. Cesar, Bruce, Franco as minor pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Strike that. Iím good with a full on fire sale now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Homer Bailey has been traded to the Aís for infield prospect Kevin Merell who was a 2017 first round pick.

It's the only division like this where nearly the whole division could be buyers or sellers at the end of the month.
    Any team could be a buyer or a seller, but IMO the likelihood of the Cubs, Cardinals or Brewers selling in low. None may be big buyers, but I do not see them selling. As for the Pirates or the Reds, I think, they can go either way, depending on how the rest of the month goes, but to me, they lean to the sell side more than the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Any team could be a buyer or a seller, but IMO the likelihood of the Cubs, Cardinals or Brewers selling in low. None may be big buyers, but I do not see them selling. As for the Pirates or the Reds, I think, they can go either way, depending on how the rest of the month goes, but to me, they lean to the sell side more than the other 3.
    I see Reds buying, but don't think they should. I agree on the other 4.

Reds might buy. But like you said, maybe they shouldn't. I think they get the Cubs then the Cardinals the next 2 series. If they go bad in those series, they really should sell. They have some guys they can sell too. Gennett, Puig, to name 2. Since both are in the last year of their deals, maybe they don't get much for either. But something is better than nothing.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...74165899534336
    per several sources.

Martin Maldonado (KC) to the Cubs for Mike Montgomery.

They have a positive run differential, very good pitching and the bats are starting to heat up. If they could get Scooter Gennett back that would go a long way.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 07-16-2019 at 01:48 AM.

The Giants have narrowed their list of Bumgarner suitors to the Astros, Phillies, Brewers, and Twins. The Twins are the only team of the four not on his no-trade list.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast