Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    The Giants have narrowed their list of Bumgarner suitors to the Astros, Phillies, Brewers, and Twins. The Twins are the only team of the four not on his no-trade list.
    Bleh. I do not want to see this farm pillaged anymore for rentals in a year the Phillies would be lucky to win any game in a series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Teams thinking Mychal Givens will be cheap may want to think again. He's been locked in since June started- 1.84 ERA, 13.04 K/9, .152 BAA. I'm of the opinion that the Orioles need to trade him right now- after his value looked to be terrible, he's turned in a great six weeks. He's got three more years of control, which is value itself. So get the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    The Giants have narrowed their list of Bumgarner suitors to the Astros, Phillies, Brewers, and Twins. The Twins are the only team of the four not on his no-trade list.
    The twins might be the only team they can trade him to at the end of the month if the Giants keeps winning.

I don't see him accepting a trade to another team if the Giants are in position of a wild card spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    They have a positive run differential, very good pitching and the bats are starting to heat up. If they could get Scooter Gennett back that would go a long way.
    Except they have a lot of teams to pass. Both in the division and/or the WC race. Tough to do. I think if this weekend goes poorly for them, they really shouldn't buy. Maybe they don't sell(though they should) but they shouldn't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Except they have a lot of teams to pass. Both in the division and/or the WC race. Tough to do. I think if this weekend goes poorly for them, they really shouldn't buy. Maybe they don't sell(though they should) but they shouldn't buy.
    The problem with selling for the Reds, is none of the guys the rentals they'd consider selling have done that well, (except Puig) and the only guy they'd consider QO is Puig, so it's kinda a **** it situation.

Like I get not buying, but if they don't sell it's not that big of a deal either.

The problem with selling for the Reds, is none of the guys the rentals they'd consider selling have done that well, (except Puig) and the only guy they'd consider QO is Puig, so it's kinda a **** it situation.

Like I get not buying, but if they don't sell it's not that big of a deal either.
    They have a few sell guys. Garrett would be a nice lefty out of the pen. Maybe even Iglesias? I realize both have some controlled years left. But because of that they might get a nice return. I also think someone would take a chance on Gennett. On his last year, they wouldn't get much back. But something is better than nothing. Puig would also be someone who could bring something back, however, he seems to be a bit of a jerk. So I am not sure teams would be lining up for him. Maybe Roark?
    Reds are in a strange spot really. They should be better, so maybe they do not want to sell. But most likely they will fall short and end up not getting anyone for guys who will be gone next year.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    They have a few sell guys. Garrett would be a nice lefty out of the pen. Maybe even Iglesias? I realize both have some controlled years left. But because of that they might get a nice return. I also think someone would take a chance on Gennett. On his last year, they wouldn't get much back. But something is better than nothing. Puig would also be someone who could bring something back, however, he seems to be a bit of a jerk. So I am not sure teams would be lining up for him. Maybe Roark?
    Reds are in a strange spot really. They should be better, so maybe they do not want to sell. But most likely they will fall short and end up not getting anyone for guys who will be gone next year.
    They're so close to being competitive I don't see them trading guys with multiple years of control. And if they don't trade Scooter, they could potentially resign him in the off season instead.
    Puig and Roark are the only one's they could trade, and IDK how much they'd get for either at this point.

In a lot of ways they're better off standing pat.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Bleh. I do not want to see this farm pillaged anymore for rentals in a year the Phillies would be lucky to win any game in a series.

lol its not like our guys ever actually pan out for us in all honesty... Alec Bohm would be untouchable though.... i would love bumgarner just for the chance to make the dodgers cry if we do make the playoffs : )

Nola/Bumgarner in the playoffs would be dope... that being said if we are gonna trade med/hase then id rather get a pitcher like minor etc.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol its not like our guys ever actually pan out for us in all honesty... Alec Bohm would be untouchable though.... i would love bumgarner just for the chance to make the dodgers cry if we do make the playoffs : )

Nola/Bumgarner in the playoffs would be dope... that being said if we are gonna trade med/hase then id rather get a pitcher like minor etc.
    Aaron Nola panned out pretty well.

Aaron Nola panned out pretty well.
    nola and before him hamels in terms of pitching... it sucks watching the yankees/redsox/dodgers/marlins find gems or evolve guys into gems every year while the demonic browns of our world are the normal... there is no excuse for how awful our developing has been for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    nola and before him hamels in terms of pitching... it sucks watching the yankees/redsox/dodgers/marlins find gems or evolve guys into gems every year while the demonic browns of our world are the normal... there is no excuse for how awful our developing has been for a while now.
    Phillies biggest issue is they’re never in on the big international pieces. All those teams you listed normally are on the top of the list when it comes to international highly touted guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Phillies biggest issue is they’re never in on the big international pieces. All those teams you listed normally are on the top of the list when it comes to international highly touted guys.

The dodgers are good at turning turds into all-stars though.
    That includes the like of Justin Turner, Alex Wood, Ross Stripling, Chris Taylor, Max Muncy and this years out of nowhere candidate Matt Beaty.

You might recognize Matt Beaty from literally no prospect rankings ever and the draft where the dodgers took him in the 12th round.

Giants,Reds,Pirates,Rockies.Nats,Padres,Rangers,An gels should all sell. Mets should get what they can for their SP'S. Hopefully we can go like from today with a Trade already Morin in the Morning or more each day intill 29th then on 30-31 a lot and somehow Deadline moved back to midnight,Blockbusters and so on.
    Tom V. said last night on MLB Tonight Giants should be not Sellers.
    Last edited by mgomrjsurf; Today at 07:23 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456