Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dude is 27 years old with a career OBP of .297. I stand by my original claim. If the Padres add some legit prospects to the deal, maybe you got something but that wasn't what I replied to.
    Agreed. Bauer will require some legit top end prospects. Renfroe having solid year but isn't a kid and is a bit of a one trick pony.

MLBTR top 50 trade candidates for '19 trade deadline list: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...-deadline.html

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Agreed. Bauer will require some legit top end prospects. Renfroe having solid year but isn't a kid and is a bit of a one trick pony.
    I just don't see any team trading top end prospects for 1.5 years of Bauer. Bauer has also hurt his trade value by saying he dosn't want to sign long term deals. Cleveland needs MLB ready hitters now as they have a limited window while Lindor is still around.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    I just don't see any team trading top end prospects for 1.5 years of Bauer. Bauer has also hurt his trade value by saying he dosn't want to sign long term deals. Cleveland needs MLB ready hitters now as they have a limited window while Lindor is still around.
    They can have Clint Frazier back for Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They can have Clint Frazier back for Bauer.
    It's like nobody ever taught him basic fundamentals of outfield defense. I haven't seen a big league outfielder be that bad at fundamentals in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    If the Indians are trying to compete within their limited window, why the hell would they move Bauer for a mediocre outfielder?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It's like nobody ever taught him basic fundamentals of outfield defense. I haven't seen a big league outfielder be that bad at fundamentals in awhile.
    He's terrible. His bat is very good, but defensively he looks like he's brand new to baseball.
    There's also something about his attitude I can't stand. He's 24 years old, going on 14.

Curious to see what happens in the NL Central.

Cards have been playing below their talent level all season, but have a really weak schedule coming up. If they do well through that run, I can see them trying to get a starter and a lefty reliever. If they continue to play below their talent level, then they need to sell, and guys like Ozuna will probably be shopped.

Brewers have a dreadful pyth record considering their W-L record. But they did that last year too, and this year are doing it with a depleted bullpen and not much of a rotation. Stearns surprised everybody by getting more position players at last years deadline, so not sure what he'll do. But I presume they'll be buyers.

The Cubs are probably maxed out on their payroll room, but I can see them trying to add more relievers to compliment Kimbrel. Honestly, getting Zobrist back at any point would be the equivalent of a big trade. Their roster is nice as is, but a few relievers wouldn't hurt.

Reds have a great pyth record, but poor W-L record. They need their next 40 games to be great to not have to sell guys like Puig.

Pirates suck, and it's a matter of time before they are a sub .400 W% team. They'll likely be sellers, parting with guys like Dickerson. Btw, what the hell is wrong with Chris Archer?

If Cards are in it, Bumgarner and Will Smith would be ideal targets. As would Stroman. But I dunno if we have the prospects to target either.
    I got my niece an interview that she nailed, for a job cleaning player equipment in the visitor's locker room at Miller Park.

She told me that Archer gave her a $100 tip!

That’s because nobody watches the Tigers. Keep an eye on Nick Castellanos for a couple of innings.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    That’s because nobody watches the Tigers. Keep an eye on Nick Castellanos for a couple of innings.
    Clint might make him look like a gold glover.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    I just don't know how you get to this level and don't know the basic fundamentals at a professional position.

Clint Frazier runs on his freaking heels. That should have been fixed in high school. Running back on fly balls, assessing the wall, throwing to the right base and hitting the cutoff men.

Outfield defense is super easy to play. If you have any sort of speed and an arm, the fundamentals are crazy easy.

what would the tigers want from the texas rangers for matt boyd

Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    what would the tigers want from the texas rangers for matt boyd
    Here's a write up on their asking price.

The Tigers are reportedly willing to listen to offers on breakout lefty Matthew Boyd, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that the team has unsurprisingly placed a sky-high asking price on the southpaw. Beck cites the four-player package sent by the Cubs to the White Sox in the Jose Quintana blockbuster in 2017 as a point of comparison in describing Detroit’s early ask. That package was headlined by Eloy Jimenez and top pitching prospect Dylan Cease. If the Tigers are to deal Boyd, it seems they’d need multiple high-end prospects to headline any deal.

Though Boyd has been plagued by the long ball a bit in recent starts, it’s understandable that they’re aiming high. Boyd is controlled all the way through the 2022 season as a Super Two player, and is earning just $2.8MM this season. His 26.0 K-BB% ranks fifth in the Majors, trailing only Gerrit Cole, Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander and Chris Sale. Boyd is tied for the sixth-best overall strikeout percentage in the Majors (30.8 percent) and the tenth-lowest walk rate (4.8 percent). He’s upped his slider usage substantially in recent seasons and has seen marked growth in his swinging-strike rate and his opponents’ chase rate on pitches out of the strike zone.
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...rs-tigers.html

Tigers apparently told the Yankees they'd want Gleybar Torres, if that gives you an indication of what they want
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Tigers apparently told the Yankees they'd want Gleybar Torres, if that gives you an indication of what they want
    Lol at them wanting Gleyber Torres for a 28 yr old pitcher who's had a decent 3 months in his big league career. Detroit must be high.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast