Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Double post -- see above
    Last edited by ink; 06-14-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Congrats boys hooolay f we dun did it.

Enjoy responsibly all weekend and see y'all at the parade. If u see me hit me up for a hit
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    You definitely retire Lowry's jersey if anything. He's the greatest captain we've ever had and a 7-year Raptor (coincidentally he wears 7). Without his first-half shooting and hustle maybe we probably don't win this series.

Its odd that his numbers are superior away from home in the playoffs - wasn't expecting that.
    Definitely agree. His story arc is the most quintessential Raptors storyline you could have. Look where he and the franchise have come from and where they got to.
    If we're all such great coaches why do we recruit so hard? You need players.

~ Jack Armstrong, ECF 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Good to see some familiar faces in here, especially after the Raptors won the title we all dreamt of for so long!!!!

Congratulations Raptors and congratulations every single one of you here who brought your passion and desire for winning to this forum!!!!

Every last thing about this team is what I had hoped for -- it's truly an amazing TEAM, with an elite finisher (Kawhi), several playmakers spread across all positions (Lowry, Gasol, Kawhi, VanVleet), some timely scorers (esp Ibaka), some toughness (all), tenacious defenders (all, but especially FVV, Kawhi, Lowry, Gasol and Green), a supernaturally gifted rising star (Siakim) scouted, drafted and developed out of nowhere, athleticism off the bench (thinking of Powell and all, really) a smart international floor leader (Gasol), some unbelievable heart (Lowry - lion heart), unselfishness and skill from the guards, a super creative, resourceful, adaptable coach, and a killer president who brought it all together (I hear he knocked out a security guard on the way to picking up the Larry OB hahaha).

(And thanks to BC for hiring Masai and drafting some of the picks that ended up being Kawhi and Gasol. Years ago he started with nothing and pushed the Raptors toward athleticism -- DeRozan especially. He reset the team in the right direction whether he literally managed to win or not.

Same goes for Dwayne Casey who was stubborn and determined and imposed THAT CHARACTER on this team. He wasn't the creative leader the team needed ultimately, but like BC, he reset the culture of this organization and he deserves full praise and lots of credit).

Finally, Masai. He built a TEAM. With every ingredient you could want. He was smart, slow, stubborn, patient, brilliant, frustrating and incredibly gutsy. And he broke through everything and WON!

Congrats to everyone who has loved this team for so long even when they were impossible to love.

RAPTORS!!!!!
    Ink

Itís been over a couple decades to get here. A lot of memories here on PSD through the up and down years.

Still looking fwd to seeing some of the old posters turn up like Bramaca, bob@york, Mileshighchamp etc etc who went through the journey with us.

Quote Originally Posted by pulzar View Post
    I remember hoping that Joey Graham would turn into something... Man, we've gone through some bad times to get here.

It's still unbelievable to me that we're the champions.

We'll probably have Masai, Leonard, and everybody else leave in the next month or so. Even that won't take out the high, though.
    Why do you think everyone is going to leave ? If anything they have all the more reason to stay. Who wouldnít want a shot at another ring

Pretty sure the Raptors are the first team to ever win without having a lottery pick on their roster. Just crazy. Remember when we went through all of that, having to have top draft picks on your team, in particular top 5 picks to win the whole thing? Obviously Kawhi changes everything, but still, not one lottery selected player on the roster.

My username will forever reflect this moment.

We did it. An amazing playoffs going through one pretty hard path to the finals and taking care of business.

Been taking in as much as I can afford but was worth every penny. I'm hoping KL signs a short deal, wouldlove along deal but I see the possibility of one of those 1Y+1PO type deals as a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Definitely agree. His story arc is the most quintessential Raptors storyline you could have. Look where he and the franchise have come from and where they got to.
    I posted in the finals thread after game 1 for the first time in a long while and I said that I was hoping to see you back.

How could any of us forget all the banter and debates throughout the years? It was ultimately too time-consuming and I think most of us matured beyond this forums expiration date but I haven't forgotten you and many others here over countless NBA seasons.

Its been an incredible journey. Enjoy every minute of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    We did it. An amazing playoffs going through one pretty hard path to the finals and taking care of business.

Been taking in as much as I can afford but was worth every penny. I'm hoping KL signs a short deal, wouldlove along deal but I see the possibility of one of those 1Y+1PO type deals as a real possibility.
    I agree. The window with this group is another year so a 1+1 would make lots of sense

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Congrats boys hooolay f we dun did it.

Enjoy responsibly all weekend and see y'all at the parade. If u see me hit me up for a hit
    When I saw you at STC you never said hi to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    When I saw you at STC you never said hi to me.
    Is he still 5í2 ? Lol

I absolutely cold hardest agree! The fact that they will pursue charges, re-assures my determination to ever step in America again!

God dam!!the most overrated player in franchise history lol

Exactly! The guy who was in Massaiís face clearly was there for trouble. This is a major issue within the force. It happens here as well in canada. These guys are all wired up. There should be a supervisor who over sees them from getting that testosterone/steroids punch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast