Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    And that's been my point the whole time. I truly do not think we are competing this year or next year. By the Carp will just be in the way with no value.

Trading carp to a team like the Indians where his obp would mean more with the hitters around him, makes too much sense. Hes doing nothing really in terms if helpinging us win. Like he doesn't put us over the top. With out him I feel we will lose more games, get a higher pick in a loaded draft, and find out if anyone else can lead off for the future.
    We aren't getting a top 10 pick next year, no matter what we sell off and do to try to destroy this team this year.

And you can't trade Carp this year. If we are trading him, it'll be in 2021.

Also, for like the 15th time. He. Has. A. No. Trade. Clause.

Perfect, so middle of the pack for the next 3 years. That's the new Cardinal way.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Perfect, so middle of the pack for the next 3 years. That's the new Cardinal way.
    Matt Carpenter is not the reason we are a middle of the pack team. It's all of the surrounding players around him not helping like they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Matt Carpenter is not the reason we are a middle of the pack team. It's all of the surrounding players around him not helping like they are supposed to.
    So its everyone's fault but Carps...lol you're so annoying.

So basically, the entire team is underperforming and were just in a ridiculously weak part of our schedule and were winning. But when we start playing good teams we will go right back to middle of the road and miss the playoffs. Again.

So yea, SELL

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

So its everyone's fault but Carps...lol you're so annoying.
    1. I never said it's everyone's fault but Carp's.

2. I'm arguing with you for always putting all of the blame on only him. You ride him non-stop, and seem to be completely unaware of the failings of other players. Carp, to you, seems to be the reason we miss the playoffs every year. And that we can't make it with him on the roster.

3. I'd argue your last point fits you quite well.

So basically, the entire team is underperforming and were just in a ridiculously weak part of our schedule and were winning. But when we start playing good teams we will go right back to middle of the road and miss the playoffs. Again.
    It's possible. But we have the talent on this team to be playing a lot better than we did in May.

In April, we were the best team in baseball.

In May, we were one of the 5 worst teams in baseball.

In June, we are 11-8 (5 of those games were against the Cubs btw). Which is basically the type of team we should be overall (.579 winning percentage, which is a 94 win team).

So let's sustain June type of play for the entire season. Don't let a bad money make you think we are worse than we are, and I won't let a great April make me think we are better than we are.

We should be able to win 90 games. Which should put us into the playoffs. To win 90, we have to 51-36 (.586) the remainder of the year. Which is basically our talent level.

Imagine how good we can be if Goldie and Carpenter are hitting like they are supposed to be, and Flaherty and Mikolas and Hudson are pitching like we know that can and should be.

Our bullpen has been lights out, and our defense more than adequate.

It's way too early to be freaking out every single time the team loses.

As I said earlier. If we are +5.0 back in the wild card and +8.0 back in the division anytime between July 15-25, then go ahead and sell what pieces you can (not Carpenter and Goldie, but Ozuna and guys like him). If we are within that, you either buy or hold still.

I realize you are frustrated that the team hasn't made a hard line decision to go all in or all out. And that being a bubble team is annoying. But it's certainly not boring, and with our roster, it's hard to fault management for not blowing it up, and it's hard to fault them for not going all in. The team needs show they need more complimentary players by winning, or needs to play badly enough that a sell off is warranted.

So yea, SELL
    It's pretty damn silly saying that in June when we are 2.0 back of the division and 0.5 back of the wild card. And any other fan base reading that would tell you to stfu for being that impulsive and ignorant.

I don't want an 85 win season just as badly as you don't want it. I want over 90 wins. And we clearly have the talent to do that.

It's not unrealistic for this offense to score 5 runs per game
    For our rotation to average a 3.75 ERA and our bullpen a 3.25
    That would give us a run differential of over 1.00 runs every game we played. That's a 95 win caliber team that does that. And we absolutely have the talent to do that.

But, this season has seen the offense and bullpen perform when the rotation couldn't. The rotation and offense perform when the bullpen couldn't. And the bullpen and rotation perform when the offense couldn't. The timing can be fixed. The stop and go can easily be changed.

But the calls to sell are way too premature.

Sounds like the Blues fans in December.....

I'm just tired of the same **** as the past three years. We have to get out of this middle of the road ****. And if we trade for guys to help for the rest of the season, they're gone next year and were back in the same exact spot

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

I'm just tired of the same **** as the past three years. We have to get out of this middle of the road ****. And if we trade for guys to help for the rest of the season, they're gone next year and were back in the same exact spot
    You don't have to trade for rentals. But even then, sometimes trading for rentals also allows you to have a free roster spot after the season to plug in a better fit in the end.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567