Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    How often have we seen agents be as public about all these contracts and player movement as Rich Paul? That's what I don't like. I get that agents have long controlled things, but I can't recall a time where an agent was so open just outright saying "you're wasting assets". Having the preferred destinations isn't new, and frankly I'm ok with that. But Rich Paul has been open in saying what it is from the start and that's what got him in some hot water mid-season (when AD got fined $50K for Rich Pauls statements). I think that kinda backs up that we should have the right to be unhappy with the fact that RP is being so public about this situation.
    Rich Paul works on behalf of his players. If Anthony Davis is unhappy with what Paul is doing or how he's handling the situation, then he has every right to move on from him to a new agent. There's been no rumblings that AD is considering an agent move. Thus, it would lead me to believe AD is happy with the way this is playing out.

If he really doesn't want to play in Boston and only wants to go to New York or LA, then what Paul is doing is absolutely right. If none of this is public, a GM (Ainge in this case) can try to trade for AD and if/when AD walks, he cna try to save face and say AD gave them no indication he wasn't willing to sign. By publicly making these comments, it ups the ante for those GMs. If they make a trade, don't win a championship and AD leaves, everyone will call it a failure since everyone knew he was leaving.

I get people hate rich Paul. Mostly because I bet alot of those people hate lebron. But at the end of the day, Paul is acting on ADs behalf. Unless AD fires him or publicly contradicts what Paul is saying, I don't understand how anyone can question whether he's working with ADs best interest in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I get people hate rich Paul. Mostly because I bet alot of those people hate lebron. But at the end of the day, Paul is acting on ADs behalf. Unless AD fires him or publicly contradicts what Paul is saying, I don't understand how anyone can question whether he's working with ADs best interest in mind.
    It's more about manipulating the system to LeBron's benefit. Once AD signed with Paul most people and experts were already speculating. The chess pieces fell right before the deadline. Pelicans's weren't having any of that and made the Lakers and Bron look like tools at the deadline.

After getting Zion, they might cave in due to the lucky bounce, but they will still milk the Lakers more vs. another team who is willing to trade. They would probably prefer to use LAL for leverage first and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    It's more about manipulating the system to LeBron's benefit. Once AD signed with Paul most people and experts were already speculating. The chess pieces fell right before the deadline. Pelicans's weren't having any of that and made the Lakers and Bron look like tools at the deadline.

After getting Zion, they might cave in due to the lucky bounce, but they will still milk the Lakers more vs. another team who is willing to trade. They would probably prefer to use LAL for leverage first and see where it goes.
    If he goes to NYK whoís 1 of 2 on his list, how does that benefit LeBron?

If their antics pissed off NO and it costs the Lakers more assets than another team wouldíve cost, how does that benefit LeBron?

Everyone whoís complaining on this are completely basing those complaints off perception, not fact. And as these perceptions are being called out, those arguing against are getting more and more defensive with little to no factual interjection and even more perceptions and conspiracies being interjected. What does that tell you?

^^^

My guts is telling me this was planned and colluded behind the scenes and they laid out out possible steps/plays in accordance to how the Pels were performing. Paul/Bron/AD were all in on this. Just like Bron/Wade/Bosh had their back dealings before joining Miami. Bron is a straight up manipulative snake and wants others to do his dirty work. I'm going with my intuition on this this, y'all can have your own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    If he goes to NYK whoís 1 of 2 on his list, how does that benefit LeBron?

If their antics pissed off NO and it costs the Lakers more assets than another team wouldíve cost, how does that benefit LeBron?

Everyone whoís complaining on this are completely basing those complaints off perception, not fact. And as these perceptions are being called out, those arguing against are getting more and more defensive with little to no factual interjection and even more perceptions and conspiracies being interjected. What does that tell you?
    When AD listed his teams at the time (before deadline), NYK didn't have much to offer for AD, and he listed Boston because they knew Boston couldn't trade for AD. It's basically a PR ploy.

Once they figured Pel's were going to play hard to get to the extreme with the Lakers, they opened up to other possibilities. But at the deadline, once they Knew Pel's were done, they wanted to strong arm him to LeBron.

I just have a gut feeling they wanted to muscle and strategize a way to make it easier for him to team with LeBron first and foremost.

And as these perceptions are being called out, those arguing against are getting more and more defensive with little to no factual interjection and even more perceptions and conspiracies being interjected. What does that tell you?
    Just like how peoiple would eat up any tyrade rumor with no substance and fly with it. LMAO, you have to live life with a balance of evidence and gut feeling, that's how it is for those who make it to the top in any field. Waiting for certainty doesn't pay off.

When AD listed his teams at the time (before deadline), NYK didn't have much to offer for AD, and he listed Boston because they knew Boston couldn't trade for AD. It's basically a PR ploy.

Once they figured Pel's were going to play hard to get to the extreme with the Lakers, they opened up to other possibilities. But at the deadline, once they Knew Pel's were done, they wanted to strong arm him to LeBron.

I just have a gut feeling they wanted to muscle and strategize a way to make it easier for him to team with LeBron first and foremost.
    Remember that initial list was NY, LA, Mil, Bos.

Remember that initial list was NY, LA, Mil, Bos.
    Initial list was LAL, one week later he added the other 3. Bos (incapable unless, Kyrie was traded) and Mil (not enough assets outside Greek, without destroying team depth) had no chance, and Knicks didn't have the assets. They even got the dad to ***** about Boston (IT's injury) to make them look even worse.

Everything was planned and strategized with mad collusion. You can always change your demands and stance in accordance to ho much resistance your demands are getting as proven by how the Pel's had the same feeling and played Klutch and Bron at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Rich Paul works on behalf of his players. If Anthony Davis is unhappy with what Paul is doing or how he's handling the situation, then he has every right to move on from him to a new agent. There's been no rumblings that AD is considering an agent move. Thus, it would lead me to believe AD is happy with the way this is playing out.
    Where is this part been brought up at all with any of us that donít like how public this has all been?

For the 100th time. Itís fine for him to want out. Itís fine for him to have preferred destinations. It not cool to me for them to be continually stating it in interviews and on TV.

Initial list was LAL, one week later he added the other 3. Bos (incapable unless, Kyrie was traded) and Mil (not enough assets outside Greek, without destroying team depth) had no chance, and Knicks didn't have the assets. They even got the dad to ***** about Boston (IT's injury) to make them look even worse.

Everything was planned and strategized with mad collusion. You can always change your demands and stance in accordance to ho much resistance your demands are getting as proven by how the Pel's had the same feeling and played Klutch and Bron at the deadline.
    Very true. But now that other teams are more realistic (Mil, Bos) they are off the list. But again, my issue isnít the list, itís how public they are about the process.

Very true. But now that other teams are more realistic (Mil, Bos) they are off the list. But again, my issue isnít the list, itís how public they are about the process.
    Yeah. I feel you. Bron is using others to do his dirty work. Rich Paul has no shame lol. Some players don't mind that kind of agent.

Not sure why the Raps weren't added. They had Kawhi and the assets to make an offer. Pascal, OG, FVV, Jonas (at the time_ and throw in future picks.

How often have we seen agents be as public about all these contracts and player movement as Rich Paul? That's what I don't like. I get that agents have long controlled things, but I can't recall a time where an agent was so open just outright saying "you're wasting assets". Having the preferred destinations isn't new, and frankly I'm ok with that. But Rich Paul has been open in saying what it is from the start and that's what got him in some hot water mid-season (when AD got fined $50K for Rich Pauls statements). I think that kinda backs up that we should have the right to be unhappy with the fact that RP is being so public about this situation.
    Why is that a bad thing? Don't teams, and fans for that matter, have a right to know what they're getting themselves into? Frankly, going public is actually a good thing. It adds a layer of accountability to the whole affair. If a team trades for a player and he leaves, we've seen what kind of playbook they operate. They execute a bogus smear campaign, brand the player as disloyal, hurt his earning power and reputation and basically banish him from a city that he probably has some emotional attachment to. By going public, players are just being honest and telling their side of the story. They are saying "I am not going to stay here, you should know that now, and if you are dumb enough to trade for me/keep me, it's your own fault. I am not responsible for your bad decisions" Fans deserve to know who to blame when this **** goes sideways. Teams deserve time to plan. But most fans would rather just go on a witch hunt.

It's so ****ing hypocritical. Look at how much **** LeBron got for apparently blindsiding the Cavs in 2010 and 2018. The first time he reached free agency, he waited until July 8th to make a decision and everyone lost their minds because he gave them no time to sign other players and build a backup plan. The issue last year was that they couldn't trade for other players not knowing what he was going to do. He did the exact opposite of going public... and got just as much **** for it.

Let's just call this what it is. Fans have a slave owner mentality. They think players should act on the best interests of fans, not themselves. And that is utter ********. These are human beings who are allowed to seek whatever they want out of their careers. That can mean money, location, winning, anything, and they don't owe their teams ****. Going public is a goddamn courtesy. Players don't have to reveal their plans to anyone. But by doing so, they allow teams the tools to plan ahead and fans time to brace themselves.
    POOP

Youíre deep down the rabbit hole now

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Why is that a bad thing? Don't teams, and fans for that matter, have a right to know what they're getting themselves into? Frankly, going public is actually a good thing. It adds a layer of accountability to the whole affair. If a team trades for a player and he leaves, we've seen what kind of playbook they operate. They execute a bogus smear campaign, brand the player as disloyal, hurt his earning power and reputation and basically banish him from a city that he probably has some emotional attachment to. By going public, players are just being honest and telling their side of the story. They are saying "I am not going to stay here, you should know that now, and if you are dumb enough to trade for me/keep me, it's your own fault. I am not responsible for your bad decisions" Fans deserve to know who to blame when this **** goes sideways. Teams deserve time to plan. But most fans would rather just go on a witch hunt.

It's so ****ing hypocritical. Look at how much **** LeBron got for apparently blindsiding the Cavs in 2010 and 2018. The first time he reached free agency, he waited until July 8th to make a decision and everyone lost their minds because he gave them no time to sign other players and build a backup plan. The issue last year was that they couldn't trade for other players not knowing what he was going to do. He did the exact opposite of going public... and got just as much **** for it.

Let's just call this what it is. Fans have a slave owner mentality. They think players should act on the best interests of fans, not themselves. And that is utter ********. These are human beings who are allowed to seek whatever they want out of their careers. That can mean money, location, winning, anything, and they don't owe their teams ****. Going public is a goddamn courtesy. Players don't have to reveal their plans to anyone. But by doing so, they allow teams the tools to plan ahead and fans time to brace themselves.
    Exactly. And whatís lost in all of this, itís been playing out for over a year now. AD trade speculation started last offseason and there were even whispers before that. NO has had SO much time to deal with this behind closed doors but they havenít, or gave a half assed effort, or just flat out didnít listen or know their own player. Thatís no fault of ADís. And going public like this is likely their last resort because of a year plus worth of failures of a poorly run organization. But somehow AD gets all the backlash???

Exactly. And whatís lost in all of this, itís been playing out for over a year now. AD trade speculation started last offseason and there were even whispers before that. NO has had SO much time to deal with this behind closed doors but they havenít, or gave a half assed effort, or just flat out didnít listen or know their own player. Thatís no fault of ADís. And going public like this is likely their last resort because of a year plus worth of failures of a poorly run organization. But somehow AD gets all the backlash???
    I could complain all day and stop showing up to work but they would stop paying me. AD is an entitled brat and should be suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast