Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Iím not even talking about the religious stuff. I generally speaking just ignore that part of him. Iím talking about how he interacts with the other players and Gruden.
    Iím saying heís trying to hard and not being natural because of the expectations being placed upon him. He should play ball and not people pleaser.
    Last edited by Inspector; 08-18-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I completely agree, Carr comes off as a complete douche bag... This show really brings that too light and really has me appreciating Gruden more... I hope Derek has a All-Pro season because I want to like this guy and the only thing that matters is wins on games day.
    20 somethings in the world with it all hanging together stand up! No you can sit down again fool....

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    20 somethings in the world with it all hanging together stand up! No you can sit down again fool....
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    what?
    It's the ANTONIO CLOWN SHOW!!!!

With special guest....

No....

Very

VERY

SPECIAL

guest....

ANTONIO CLOWN!!!!

Lol...

That episode was pretty good too..

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    ďIíve played in much bigger gamesĒ...Carr is such a jack-***. If Renfrow should have asked him how many playoff games heís won...or even played in.

Gruden getting pissed at the beginning of the episode was amusing.

-Stork
    I finally watched episode last night. He said "I've played in bigger moments... than in training camp practice." You need to turn up the audio on your television.

The spin was a bit heavy this episode, but otherwise, it was enjoyable enough. Looking forward to Thursday's game against GB and the cuts to come.
    "Why can't we tell the world that [as the Raiders' coach] you refused to play games in the segregated South, holding out to the point where they were canceled?' And he would stop me dead in my tracks and say, 'Hey, kid -- I didn't do it for publicity. I did it because it was right.' "

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    The spin was a bit heavy this episode, but otherwise, it was enjoyable enough. Looking forward to Thursday's game against GB and the cuts to come.
    It was a little more interesting than the first two. I saw that K. Murray got some heat for asking AB why they blitzed him. Arizona may see a lot of blitz packages all season.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    I finally watched episode last night. He said "I've played in bigger moments... than in training camp practice." You need to turn up the audio on your television.
    Assuming youíre correct, and Iím definitely not going to spend a moment trying to find out...whatís the difference?

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Assuming youíre correct, and Iím definitely not going to spend a moment trying to find out...whatís the difference?

-Stork

The context. At first reading that he said from the forum, I agreed it was an asinine comment by Carr. Although, I did not know what the context was since I did not see the episode. Now after watching it, I get the feeling something else is behind that commentary about Carr. If you do not see the difference between what think he said and what he actually said, I do not care to further elaborate. You are going to fill it in with your own narrative no matter the situation. That type of misquote and context spin is worthy of a FOX/CNN article.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    The context. At first reading that he said from the forum, I agreed it was an asinine comment by Carr. Although, I did not know what the context was since I did not see the episode. Now after watching it, I get the feeling something else is behind that commentary about Carr. If you do not see the difference between what think he said and what he actually said, I do not care to further elaborate. You are going to fill it in with your own narrative no matter the situation. That type of misquote and context spin is worthy of a FOX/CNN article.
    In other words, you canít figure out a way to spin a difference and would like to quietly back away.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Either way he sounded like a *******.

In other words, you canít figure out a way to spin a difference and would like to quietly back away.

-Stork

ďIíve played in much bigger gamesĒ What you stated he said.

"I've played in much bigger moments than training camp practice" What he actually said.
    https://imgur.com/a/q0amrvs

Now, what Carr said, was it false? Has he not played in bigger moments than a training camp practice? He was asked if he was nervous about the practice with the Rams. Your post with the false quote of what you wanted to hear is just outright wrong. If Carr had indeed said that, I already stated that I would agree that it would be stupid, he has proven nothing. However, talking about practice to a 1st year player, I think Carr has the credibility as a veteran to say that.

He was just showing off some moxie. Isn't that something that you always prize in QB's?

It had nothing to do with veracity. It had everything to do with who was saying it and the manner in which he said it.

Arrogance from a guy who has no right to it. Cringe worthy.

-Stork

-tippa irie

It had nothing to do with veracity. It had everything to do with who was saying it and the manner in which he said it.

Arrogance from a guy who has no right to it. Cringe worthy.

-Stork

I understand that. If you had said, "I do not like the tone he used" then that's a different. The tone and what actually said are not one in the same thing. He made a true statement in an "arrogant" tone, which seems to be your issue with him in that scene. I dislike when false information is presented, I do this on the other forums as well.

You are entitled to your opinion about a man that is playing a game and that is fine. I prefer having someone be confident. If he does not deliver he'll likely be shown the door soon. Simple as that.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast